Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34
Results 991 to 1,016 of 1016

Thread: Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    They added a 9 date NA leg for May/early June. No reschedule/makeup for that cancelled Tampa date though which has me both heartbroken and looking at flight costs to other cities because I still haven’t been able to see this damn band live.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    May 22 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
    May 24 - Sacramento, CA - Golden 1 Center
    May 27 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
    May 29 - Tulsa, OK - BoK Center
    June 1 - Chicago, IL - United Center
    June 3 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
    June 6 - Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center
    June 9 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
    June 11 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

First ever DM show in Oklahoma. First shows in 17 years for Sacramento and Philadelphia. 13 years for San Antonio.

Really too bad they didn't go to NOLA and Tampa after San Antonio, though. That's really crummy of them to come back to the States and yet not make Tampa up. You'd think it would've been a priority.. I do recommend catching them though, if you can.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'll try to go to Boston. It's my birthday weekend.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ultra is a wonderful album. Contrary to previous efforts, there are no meticulously engineered layers of sounds or atmosphere buildups, everything is just 4 tracks loud from the beginning to end without any dynamics. It's quite primitive and I like it. :-)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Sweet, when do the tickets go on sale for the US leg? I haven't seen DM since 2009 and would love to break that streak

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Sweet, when do the tickets go on sale for the US leg? I haven't seen DM since 2009 and would love to break that streak
    Tomorrow, I believe.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    anyone have a verified fan presale code they dont plan on using? It looks like the registration for the verified fan is closed now

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, for whatever reason, Yahoo news had this gem in their feed. Way too funny and I've never seen it before tonight:

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    I saw that video earlier today. What the fuck? Man, I can't believe Dave remembered that as I don't blame him and the band for not wanting to revisit that video. They admitted that the video was the moment that made them realize to never do that ever again.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    So, for whatever reason, Yahoo news had this gem in their feed. Way too funny and I've never seen it before tonight:
    this is HILARIOUS.

also, how old was dave when they made this? 15? he looks like such a freakin' dork hahahahaha

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    he GENERALLY looks like a dork... only really looked "cool" when the band got huge and he turned to drugs.

the chicken video is my favorite thing they've ever done.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Put on Spirit for the first time in a year. This album is fucking great. Best album since Playing The Angel. Really dark, no ballady shit, no pop or cringeworthy attempts at blues. Maybe I wasnt in the mood to listen to it last year when I dismissed it after one listen and they did themselves no favors by releasing the worst song on the album as the lead single but this record stands alongside Ultra and PTA as the 2 best post Alan Wilder albums

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Put on Spirit for the first time in a year. This album is fucking great. Best album since Playing The Angel. Really dark, no ballady shit, no pop or cringeworthy attempts at blues. Maybe I wasnt in the mood to listen to it last year when I dismissed it after one listen and they did themselves no favors by releasing the worst song on the album as the lead single but this record stands alongside Ultra and PTA as the 2 best post Alan Wilder albums
    I was just coming in here to say something almost exactly the same, although I probably wouldn't put it all the way up there with PTA (one of my favorite DM albums), but maybe after a few more listens?

I find myself wondering why I dismissed it so quickly the first time through.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dave added his vocals to Goldfrapp's "Ocean" for the deluxe edition of last year's Silver Eye. He sounds great on it:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    I was just coming in here to say something almost exactly the same, although I probably wouldn't put it all the way up there with PTA (one of my favorite DM albums), but maybe after a few more listens?

I find myself wondering why I dismissed it so quickly the first time through.
    PTA might even be my favorite DM album period, but Ultra and Violator put up a pretty good fight. Spirit has some really nice songs - I particularly and genuinely love Scum, You Move, and No More (This Is the Last Time). It's really a shame that they haven't played a lot of songs from Spirit live. But that's been a trend with their last several albums, actually. It gives the impression that they're not even all that confident or happy with what they're putting out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's weird, the last time I listened to Spirit I definitely heard ballads, attempts at blues and of course pop (because DM is a pop band in the first place).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, I really wish I could say the same, but I think if anything it's only shrunk on me. :/ Still sounds half-finished and thrown together for me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    That's weird, the last time I listened to Spirit I definitely heard ballads, attempts at blues and of course pop (because DM is a pop band in the first place).
    'Heaven' from Delta Machine was a total ballad. Similar to some of the stuff on Exciter....The slow stuff on Spirit like "The Worst Crime" and "Cover Me" are a lot darker...Similar to the slower songs on Ultra "Sister of Night" and PTA "Darkest Star"...Nobody does dark better than Depeche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest, this is the first time I've read a fan talking about DM ballads in a negative way, and it baffles me. I think they are such an integral part of the band, and there's not a single album with a few of them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I just peeked at the Honda Center setlist from last night and holy wow. My excitement for Toronto just went through the roof.

Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    To be honest, this is the first time I've read a fan talking about DM ballads in a negative way, and it baffles me. I think they are such an integral part of the band, and there's not a single album with a few of them.
    i tend to skip most of the ballads on DM records because i find them less compelling. same thing with tom waits (which is why i basically don't like any of his output pre-swordfish trombones).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And just to complement the thread, yesterday the band played a certain long demanded balllad for the first time in 30 years and the community's gone nuts.

Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    That setlist is fantastic, about as good as it can get with a shorter show length. Whoever gets to see this run is very lucky if they keep this level of quality up.

For me, when their ballads work, they’re amazing centerpieces. When they don’t, they drag whole records down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know I was pretty disappointed with Spirit. It's got a few good songs, but nothing else really jumped out at me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And just to complement the thread, yesterday the band played a certain long demanded balllad for the first time in 30 years and the community's gone nuts.
    Man oh man I would kill to see last night’s setlist! I really enjoyed the songs I got on their first leg in the fall, but I love Ultra and the song you’re referring to. Wow. Lucky crowd for sure!