Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Resident Evil Series

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    at the very least Spoiler: there was a picture of an umbrella helicopter lying around in the demo. theres some connection somewhere but I haven't finished the game yet either so I dunno
    DO NOT READ unless you don't care about spoilers.

Spoiler: at the end of the game you are "rescued" by a man that states his name as Redfield. He is coming out of an Umbrella helicopter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    at the very least Spoiler: there was a picture of an umbrella helicopter lying around in the demo. theres some connection somewhere but I haven't finished the game yet either so I dunno

It would appear my demo spoiler isn't a spoiler because it was mentioned a few times earlier on this page :/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    How long is the game?
    9-10 hours depending on how you play. It took me even longer, because I wanted to try and collect everything.

Since I've already beaten it, I'm streaming it on twitch. My twitch name is Phantomentity. Sorry if this isn't allowed. I'll delete it if that's the case
    Last edited by theburningreptile; 01-26-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Love the title menu song.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just got this last night, it's already freaky as hell and disturbing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Usually within just a few minutes first person view games make me motion sick. Alas, games like Condemned, BioShock, and now RE7 I’ll never be able to play. The option of a third person perspective would have been real nice.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Usually within just a few minutes first person view games make me motion sick. Alas, games like Condemned, BioShock, and now RE7 I’ll never be able to play. The option of a third person perspective would have been real nice.
    You can turn off camera shake in settings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Started RE7 on Saturday. Really enjoying it so far but I'm finding it a little difficult to play for long periods of time due to the intensity of VR.....shit is scary man.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    One of the most tense games I've ever played. I can only play it in short sessions. The background noise really adds to it. Hard to tell if someone is around or not.

Probably starting over. Wasted so much ammo when I should've ran and hid.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This game is great! Almost done

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Currently on the fight with the Spoiler: transformed Marguerite and I gotta say, this may be the scariest game I've ever played. I think it has to do with playing in VR. I almost dread every time I put on the headset. It is definitely unlike any gaming experience I've ever had.

Resident Evil is most definitely back.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Probably starting over tonight. Definitely the scariest one in the series. They came back in a big way with this game. Maybe a little too well.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Started RE7 on Saturday. Really enjoying it so far but I'm finding it a little difficult to play for long periods of time due to the intensity of VR.....shit is scary man.
    I found I've been playing in spurts and I haven't even fought Marguerite yet because the game is tedious as fuck and actually requires brain process and I have to be in a mood for it. I rule that the game is pretty great but still far departure about what I love in the series. The real disconnect with established characters is still off-putting to me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I found I've been playing in spurts and I haven't even fought Marguerite yet because the game is tedious as fuck and actually requires brain process and I have to be in a mood for it. I rule that the game is pretty great but still far departure about what I love in the series. The real disconnect with established characters is still off-putting to me.
    I'm in the same boat, plus the regenerating people is disconnecting me a little...as well as being able to reattach your limbs somehow.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I’ve recently gone retro and played RE Director’s Cut and RE2. It’s been many years, and I’d forgotten how hilariously ham-handed the voice acting in RE DC was. Had also forgotten how much of a masterpiece RE2 was. It’s arguably in contention for the best installment in the series, probably one of the top 10 original PS games in the library, and still immersive to play almost 20 years later. Myself having been a bigger Silent Hill fan over the years, there were some clear inspirations SH drew from those early RE games.

Now it’s on to RE6 for my first play. Yes, that’s how far behind I am. I know this one wasn’t a fan favorite and it got a fair amount of criticism, but I still want to give it a try. Early on the set pieces look good but these onscreen button prompts need to calm way, way down.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'll be honest and say I've never sat and played more than the first 20-30 minutes of any RE game in the past (those being the openings for RE5 and RE Remake), but I'm SUPER loving RE7. I decided to go back and complete the demo before I get too far and I'm surprised they added so much to it since the last time I'd touched it months ago.

Ironic that the closest we have to having PT (for all intents and purposes, Silent Hill) available is a new Resident Evil.
    Last edited by Alrea; 03-06-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Reading this makes me really want a PS4 but I have to get a job first! Can't wait to play this game