Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Series

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The idea of a Resident Evil remastered edition is great, not having been able to play the earlier 2000's release myself. I'd be an even bigger fan if the powers that be were to go ahead and remaster the first 3 Resident Evil games and release them as a single package deal. Although I'm not much on downloading games, since I am a RE fan and this is a remastered edition and not just a straight port, I may get this eventually.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sucks for big RE fans like me who want a disc version of Revelations 2 and are stuck waiting till the retail release AFTER the digital episodes are all out. I want to play ASAP but am stuck waiting since disc is out after all episodes are out. It sucks.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I was playing RE3 the other day and I realize we need more Nemesis-style threats in the series.

Nothing more scary when you're 10 minutes into the game and the boss comes right at you!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I was playing RE3 the other day and I realize we need more Nemesis-style threats in the series.

Nothing more scary when you're 10 minutes into the game and the boss comes right at you!

But I guess since it's Resident Evil 6 people like to shit on it or never give the game credit for anything.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yep. I didn't dig it for 6.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Resident Evil HD Remaster looks amazing. Jeez, if only I had a PS4 I’d be on this. Anyone out there have it? Any feedback?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Resident Evil HD Remaster looks amazing. Jeez, if only I had a PS4 I’d be on this. Anyone out there have it? Any feedback?
    Pre-loaded/ordered on my Xbox One and started it this afternoon. It's pretty much perfect. The new control scheme is a throwback but modern and works well (I love it). The static backgrounds have a cool washed out effect that make the textures look like an oil painting (weird and offputting description right?). The lighting effects on the walls, with what barely any lit areas there are, are extremely good. The character models are flawless. They look like they were made this year (I know they were tweaked and fixed, etc) and tossed out to play with now. Both Chris and Jill have RE5 outfit/appearance choices, as well as classic RE1 ones.

I've only put like an hour into Jill's story portion so far (just got the key from the knight shield death trap bit) with collective success, not counting failures, no save drawbacks and deaths.

You'd better buy it if you like RE, it'd be stupid not to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Pre-loaded/ordered on my Xbox One and started it this afternoon. It's pretty much perfect. The new control scheme is a throwback but modern and works well (I love it). The static backgrounds have a cool washed out effect that make the textures look like an oil painting (weird and offputting description right?). The lighting effects on the walls, with what barely any lit areas there are, are extremely good. The character models are flawless. They look like they were made this year (I know they were tweaked and fixed, etc) and tossed out to play with now. Both Chris and Jill have RE5 outfit/appearance choices, as well as classic RE1 ones.

I've only put like an hour into Jill's story portion so far (just got the key from the knight shield death trap bit) with collective success, not counting failures, no save drawbacks and deaths.

I need to play this. It'll be awhile though, I have a small back catalog of games that I need to beat before I purchase another. Everything I've read about it has me pumped. Can't wait to revisit the mansion!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Great thoughts, thanks.

I’m consoleless at the moment, but I’ll keep this game in mind for when I do step back into console gaming. In some ways it feels great how the RE series has evolved over the years, but in other ways it feels like the original has yet to be matched by the franchise. It’s good to see this game was kept true to the spirit of the original as a slower paced survival horror theme, and not simply updated to be an action run-and-gun affair that today’s gamers would be more used to. And from the images, the mansion looks great, very detailed, fixed camera, creepy and bizarre just as it should be.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I've got it on ps4, it's awesome. I skipped it on gamecube, so this is all new to me. It's so good to be back, but different. I really like the widescreen option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I overestimated my ability to play this game again since the original on playstation. I chose to start with Chris on normal and soon found myself limping around hallways with no ammo and was supposed to kill two dogs to get a collar. -__- had to start a new game. I went with Jill on the easiest mode for my first run through. On a side note: when did crimson heads get in this game? The GC remake?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So

I ended up not buying the disc version of Revelations 2! I bought the complete season pass which includes everything MINUS Wesker. I bought him for $2.49. So essentially I got what i could get with the disc version right now and for over $15.00 of savings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So

I ended up not buying the disc version of Revelations 2! I bought the complete season pass which includes everything MINUS Wesker. I bought him for $2.49. So essentially I got what i could get with the disc version right now and for over $15.00 of savings.
    How's the first episode? I read some decent reviews.

I'm right in the middle of the HD Remaster and I'm seriously loving it. Having not played the Gamecube version, this may be the best RE game I've ever played. It looks great, plays great and I haven't had a RE game creep me out this much since playing the PS1 version like 18 years ago.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    How's the first episode? I read some decent reviews.

I'm right in the middle of the HD Remaster and I'm seriously loving it. Having not played the Gamecube version, this may be the best RE game I've ever played. It looks great, plays great and I haven't had a RE game creep me out this much since playing the PS1 version like 18 years ago.
    I've only played Claire's part (Chapter One I assume?) and I am enjoying the atmosphere and mystery. Great stuff so far. I like Raid Mode but it was better in the first Revelations game, sadly. The Raid Mode levels so far have been Resident Evil 6 levels...weird but cool.

I need to play RE Remastered again. I only played it 2 days and got halfway through Jill's story before other games took my time away. Rather dedicate time to new games and such.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-26-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Beat the first episode entirely. Interesting stuff. Glad to see it mentions old lore. Recommended! Fun stuff.

Spoiler: There's enemies in the game that are infected to Uroboros, you know, that giant super virus Wesker wanted to use in Resident Evil 5. I'm thinking the island you play on is infected with it due to a small strain of it being out there or maybe this was the creation facility that links to Tricell. Who knows?! Let's find out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Snagged a copy of RE Revelations earlier today. A few hours in and I just beat ch.3. So far it’s nothing really special, but I still like it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I beat Revelations yesterday. A friend had hyped the game up to me, knowing I’m a big fan of the originals he said that I’d like it because it was more like them. It really isn’t at all anything like the original, it is clearly molded in the RE 4-5 gameplay style, but it was still a fun game. I’m getting into the raid mode now, which I already like much better than the old mercenaries mode because, no fucking timer!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    On a side note: when did crimson heads get in this game? The GC remake?
    Super late reply, but REmake was the first RE game to have Crimson Heads.

If you're asking when do they first appear in REmake. I believe they first show up once you find all the death masks.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Looks like Resident Evil 0 is getting an HD remaster. I never got to play the original so I don’t know, but this looks like it might be good.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It looks like some fans have been working on a RE2 remake.

I wonder if Capcom will let this fly without giving any problems? Unless they already had plans in motion to do an official remake of 2, I think it would be cool on their part to not make any waves.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Knowing capcom, it possible it'll get shut down. Legally, it should be fine as long as there's no profit from it. But Konami showed that isn't the case with the Metal Gear remake some fans were doing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well, it looks like Capcom is moving ahead with an official remake of 1998's Resident Evil 2. Way to go Capcom! Can you please buy the rights for Silent Hill as well?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Well, it looks like Capcom is moving ahead with an official remake of 1998's Resident Evil 2. Way to go Capcom! Can you please buy the rights for Silent Hill as well?
    Great news! Let's hope that it follows the footsteps of REmake and the upcoming Zero remake. Talking about static backgrounds and multi angle cameras.....not the over the shoulder shooter style that modern RE titles have adopted.

Right now I'm playing through the Revelations 2 campaign and enjoying it quite a bit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Let's hope that it follows the footsteps of REmake and the upcoming Zero remake. Talking about static backgrounds and multi angle cameras.....not the over the shoulder shooter style that modern RE titles have adopted.

Right now I'm playing through the Revelations 2 campaign and enjoying it quite a bit.
    I totally agree. Those fixed backgrounds and strange camera angles were perfect for that brooding survival horror aspect the early games embodied. They wouldn’t work for the more shoot 'em up action style that 4-6 adopted where you battle enemies bigger than buildings and others who seem to move at light speed.

Capcom gives us the best of both worlds. Remakes that cater to survival horror, and new installments that are more action shooters, catering to both audiences. Konami gives us Pachinko. I guess I’ll have to go to a Japanese gambling house to play the new Silent Hill.

I need to pick up Revelations 2 soon, the first one was good.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Looks like the RE2 fan remake project has been dropped due to the official Capcom remake.

InvaderGames, the fan-group behind Resident Evil 2: Reborn, has confirmed it is abandoning work on the project at the request of Capcom.

Posting on NeoGAF, a member of the development explained it agreed to halt progress because Capcom revealed plans to officially remake the game itself, and has done so on good terms.

"Contrary to what might be thought, [the announcement of an official remake] is wonderful news for us," the statement reads. "As fans, we're so happy that Capcom has decided to take the lead [on] the project."

The statement continues: "Nobody could bring the 1998 masterpiece back to life better than the creators themselves."
    According to the statement, InvaderGamers has also been invited to meet with Capcom's development team "to discuss further ideas."

Reflecting on the project, InvaderGames said it was happy with how well fans responded to its work. "Even though we cannot complete the Resident Evil 2: Reborn project, we're happy what we've shown [was supported] by fans worldwide and has been noticed by Capcom itself. We promise that the work done until now will be useful for future projects."

In July 2015, it was reported the fan-made Resident Evil remake had caught Capcom's eye, and the Japanese company asked for "honest opinions" regarding the desire for a re-release.

Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, producer of the Resident Evil HD Remaster, later confirmed he had pitched an official remake to his bosses. The outcome of the meeting was eventually confirmed when the Capcom-led Resident Evil 2 was revealed.

Hirabayashi indicated the project is in the very early stages of development and "it will be some time before [Capcom] can bring you an update on this project."

Although details have to be confirmed, it is believed Resident Evil 2 will be completely remade for modern consoles.

I’ve said it before, but it’s cool to see Capcom respond well like this to the fans.
    Last edited by Dr Channard; 08-17-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They sure didn't want to do it at first. People were telling them what they wanted. Did they really need to ask? If they had just come out of nowhere and announced it, people would still have been all over it. Still, pretty hyped for the remake.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    HOLY SHIT. VII

Resident Evil VII will be made available January 24, 2017. If you can’t wait for then, a demo is fully available after the conference.

After the rose tinted goggles are off and reading this game is all First person I am skeptical....

It looks good but no third person or our favorite characters make this a bit of a snooze for me but who knows. Awaiting the demo arrival on the store until then.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure what I think of this. I thought it was Outlast 2. Imagine my surprise when they announced what it was. This could be very good or very bad, imo.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Looks fucking freaky.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm pumped for this. Especially with VR because that's the main reason I want VR - horror games. Also I think it looking like PT is a good thing. We'll never get PT and the fan made 'Allison Road' was cancelled as well, so this is about as good as it's going to get to PT. I'm also glad it looks like a whole different game than the rest of the series because what we got with RE6 and REV2 - it NEEDED a reboot. If it's not a reboot then they'll definitely have to connect the games and I'm sure they will in some manner.

I have faith in this and it looks great. It feels nice to be able to say that because I haven't been able to say I've been excited for an RE game in a very very looooooong time.

Definitely going to grab the demo here in a bit.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-13-2016 at 10:30 PM.