Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil Series

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Love the title menu song.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just got this last night, it's already freaky as hell and disturbing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Usually within just a few minutes first person view games make me motion sick. Alas, games like Condemned, BioShock, and now RE7 I’ll never be able to play. The option of a third person perspective would have been real nice.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Usually within just a few minutes first person view games make me motion sick. Alas, games like Condemned, BioShock, and now RE7 I’ll never be able to play. The option of a third person perspective would have been real nice.
    You can turn off camera shake in settings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Started RE7 on Saturday. Really enjoying it so far but I'm finding it a little difficult to play for long periods of time due to the intensity of VR.....shit is scary man.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    One of the most tense games I've ever played. I can only play it in short sessions. The background noise really adds to it. Hard to tell if someone is around or not.

Probably starting over. Wasted so much ammo when I should've ran and hid.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This game is great! Almost done

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Currently on the fight with the Spoiler: transformed Marguerite and I gotta say, this may be the scariest game I've ever played. I think it has to do with playing in VR. I almost dread every time I put on the headset. It is definitely unlike any gaming experience I've ever had.

Resident Evil is most definitely back.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Probably starting over tonight. Definitely the scariest one in the series. They came back in a big way with this game. Maybe a little too well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Started RE7 on Saturday. Really enjoying it so far but I'm finding it a little difficult to play for long periods of time due to the intensity of VR.....shit is scary man.
    I found I've been playing in spurts and I haven't even fought Marguerite yet because the game is tedious as fuck and actually requires brain process and I have to be in a mood for it. I rule that the game is pretty great but still far departure about what I love in the series. The real disconnect with established characters is still off-putting to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I found I've been playing in spurts and I haven't even fought Marguerite yet because the game is tedious as fuck and actually requires brain process and I have to be in a mood for it. I rule that the game is pretty great but still far departure about what I love in the series. The real disconnect with established characters is still off-putting to me.
    I'm in the same boat, plus the regenerating people is disconnecting me a little...as well as being able to reattach your limbs somehow.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I’ve recently gone retro and played RE Director’s Cut and RE2. It’s been many years, and I’d forgotten how hilariously ham-handed the voice acting in RE DC was. Had also forgotten how much of a masterpiece RE2 was. It’s arguably in contention for the best installment in the series, probably one of the top 10 original PS games in the library, and still immersive to play almost 20 years later. Myself having been a bigger Silent Hill fan over the years, there were some clear inspirations SH drew from those early RE games.

Now it’s on to RE6 for my first play. Yes, that’s how far behind I am. I know this one wasn’t a fan favorite and it got a fair amount of criticism, but I still want to give it a try. Early on the set pieces look good but these onscreen button prompts need to calm way, way down.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'll be honest and say I've never sat and played more than the first 20-30 minutes of any RE game in the past (those being the openings for RE5 and RE Remake), but I'm SUPER loving RE7. I decided to go back and complete the demo before I get too far and I'm surprised they added so much to it since the last time I'd touched it months ago.

Ironic that the closest we have to having PT (for all intents and purposes, Silent Hill) available is a new Resident Evil.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-06-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Reading this makes me really want a PS4 but I have to get a job first! Can't wait to play this game

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Reading this makes me really want a PS4 but I have to get a job first! Can't wait to play this game
    So I've got a job and bought a PS4 pro and Finally playing this game, as someone who missed out on the whole PT thing this is exactly what I thought playing that would be like, LOVE it, only just got outside. Actually too scared to play it at night. Will have to get the VR stuff to get the true experience

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Resident Evil 2 is probably the best game ever created.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    fuck yes!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    fuck yes!!!
    This looks incredible. I can’t fucking wait.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Bachy Japan got their own RE2 trailer that shows even more gameplay. It looks awesome!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's everything I hoped it would be.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post

<3<3<3<3

So fucking stoked.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Pre-ordered and stoked for the remaster for Resident Evil 2. I bought the deluxe version. However due to being in the hospital and now inpatient physical therapy I won't get to play it launch day. So sad.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ That is a bummer.. It'll be patiently awaiting your comeback lulz... Get better! I'm downloading it as I type this and with only a 23GB file size? Love it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Watched a couple of streams last night, the game looks bloody beautiful...in the bloodiest way!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This game is beautiful, but fuck is it hard on hardcore. You really have to be smart with what you're doing this time; I don't remember the original being this difficult, but I'm all for a challange. Headshots do literally squat, unless you are lucky enough to get a critical hit so aim for the legs. The flashlight mechanic almost makes me feel like I'm playing Silent Hill 2 and that is a good thing. My only beef is not being able to squish the zombies heads when they are on the ground pretending to be dead, or after you down them.

I am restarting a new file since I butchered pretty much everything I intended to save or not waste. It's a lot of trial and error, but it still feels like old school/retro game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Loved the demo. Got the game waiting for me at home. Not looking forward to Mr. X at all.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just beat Scenario A with Leon! It was great, it improved upon the original a lot. I loved everything about. Also if you can get the deluxe edition so you can swap the new soundtrack for the original. The first time I entered the R.P.D. police station I was overcome with nostalgia and i got goosebumps just by the soundtrack. I can’t wait to play as Death. Yeah, Mr X. was a dick. Although if you are smart about it, you can avoid him a lot. Just by being quiet. I can’t wait to see how Claire’s scenario plays out now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Scenarios, huh? Didn't think they were going to have those? Do they differ a good bit? Installing now. Everyone playing on my friends list are playing as Leon. Think there's anyone out there starting with Claire? Anyone?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I didn't start with Claire, but knowing nothing about Resident Evil I guess I thought the differences in campaign were going to be more substantial than I just found out they actually are