Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Castles

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    What?! Goddamnit. Don't quit Health. Death Magic was the shit.

Fuck. I hate it when this At the Drive-In stuff happens, breaking up after making a great album.
    Why not do both? Why quit? The vagina that good?

So wait, was he behind that "Stillbirth" track?
    Last edited by neorev; 08-18-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Why not do both? Why quit? The vagina that good?

So wait, was he behind that "Stillbirth" track?
    Seriously, why can't he do both? They got momentum with Death Magic. They'll probably blow up big time on the next album. Was he fighting with his bandmates? Bury the hatchet, opportunities don't come around in the music biz that often. If you have something good going, don't give up the Willy Wonka ticket.

Also- yeah, I could see him doing work on Stillbirth. Got that Health electro/heavy thing going. I'm looking forward to that Alice solo record, in any case.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Stupid question I'm sure but where can I get the new album currently? Looked for the vinyl and found it just as a pre-order.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Stupid question I'm sure but where can I get the new album currently? Looked for the vinyl and found it just as a pre-order.
    Not available on vinyl in the US until mid-late September, but it's already out in parts of Europe and UK and you can pay to import it

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    Not available on vinyl in the US until mid-late September, but it's already out in parts of Europe and UK and you can pay to import it
    Ah alright, I'll just wait then. Thanks for letting me know!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I remember when their first released their first album, I really didn't get into it.

I never really followed whatever they did after that but I decided to pick up this new album. This is a lot heavier than expected. I'm digging it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I remember when their first released their first album, I really didn't get into it.

I never really followed whatever they did after that but I decided to pick up this new album. This is a lot heavier than expected. I'm digging it.

This is probably their least heavy album out of the four. Much heavier tracks on the other three.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    This is probably their least heavy album out of the four. Much heavier tracks on the other three.
    Well now I'm curious. I'll definitely go back and listen to their older stuff with more attention.
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Holy shit man. That's right up my alley. I enjoy this a lot more than what I've been hearing from CC.
    Damn, I gotta listen to this again.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @neorev so is Alice Glass gonna release a solo album? I noticed that this song was released a year ago.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid Apparently she is working on a solo album with her boyfriend Jupiter Keyes formerly of the band Health.

On NME, back in April...
    “This year for me is just about finishing my record," Glass added. "This project is more more meaningful to me than anything I've ever done – it doesn't feel like it's just something to sell concert tickets or t-shirts. It's incredibly personal. I am collaborating with a lot of artists who inspire me and I'm learning so much about making music and production. It's a very exciting process."

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/93280#AHXEWXtIHsBgd8Qs.99

So I'm guessing 2017. I imagine she wouldn't want to release it the same year as Crystal Castles' new album ao it does become some Alice Glass versus Crystal Castles BS. Curious who she will be collaborating with. But "Stillbirth" is better than anything from the new Crystal Castles album.
    Last edited by neorev; 09-03-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Holy shit man. That's right up my alley. I enjoy this a lot more than what I've been hearing from CC.
    Damn, I gotta listen to this again.
    Never really got into CC but this track has been my jam since it dropped. Wonderfully intense lyrically and musically.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid Apparently she is working on a solo album with her boyfriend Jupiter Keyes formerly of the band Health.
    I never really got into Health at first but I dig their last album Death Magic. Stillbirth definitely sounds more like Health than CC.

This solo album should be interesting.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I never really got into Health at first but I dig their last album Death Magic. Stillbirth definitely sounds more like Health than CC.

This solo album should be interesting.
    I feel the same. Never really got into Health. But Death Magic is awesome. A new track "Crusher" is up on Adult Swim site as a free download. I wonder how things are gonna be for them now that Jupiter Keyes left, if it affect their sound.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Saw CC last night in San Diego and man, the new singer is terrible live. Always off key and her voice is much deeper than Alice's.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So I've finally gotten around to ordering the vinyl for Amnesty, am I not going to be able to get an MP3 for Kept with it? Just wondering if I'll have to get a CD to rip since that's my favorite song from the entire album and it's a bummer seeing it's not available digitally or with autodownload for buying the vinyl.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Alice Glass surprises fans with her new EP officially released today on streaming services and in digital music stores...

ALICE GLASS - ALICE GLASS

https://open.spotify.com/album/5FXlBbOLPltg9Ix0Ri7G01

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Solid EP. Without Love is quite the contrast compared to Stillbirth.
    However, the rest of the EP is a lot more abrasive and more in line of what I was expecting from her. I love that her vocals are not buried into a barrage of sound like it was in Crystal Castle.

**edit: Atticus is credited as one of the writers on the 2nd track.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 08-26-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    FUCK YES. Bought.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well this fucking sucks...I really feel for her and glad she can come forward with this. Hopefully she can find peace at some point.

With that being said, it's going to be a lot harder to enjoy CC from here on out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow, what the fuck

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised since she's all but said it but having it openly admitted like this is a different kind of terrible.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Fuck Claudio.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    In other news, I just got this in my email right now

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I had a feeling, all the time, that there was something wrong. I don't know why. You could just sense something dark was happening behind everything. That's why I was always on the fence about enjoying their music.

I hope Alice can recover and move on with her life in the best way possible. That is incredibly traumatic to go through.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I remember when she first made the small statement after she left the band but to get the full width of it sucks. Then again, I always did suspect something was very, very wrong between her and Claudio/Ethan.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    It seems women are very susceptible to succumbing to “power sex”... Have sex or you don’t get this, or you lose that....

It’s weird to me..... if sex were such a big deal morally or psychologically/emotionally, why would they consent?

Is it a difference between men and women?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Crystal Castles

Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    It seems women are very susceptible to succumbing to “power sex”... Have sex or you don’t get this, or you lose that....

It’s weird to me..... if sex were such a big deal morally or psychologically/emotionally, why would they consent?

Is it a difference between men and women?
    Are you really asking this? Do you not understand the power isn’t balanced?