Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Crystal Castles

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Are you really asking this? Do you not understand the power isn’t balanced?
    If someone tells me: have sex with me or you get kicked out of the band, I will say go fuck yourself

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    If someone tells me: have sex with me or you get kicked out of the band, I will say go fuck yourself
    So your answer is yes, you don’t understand. Read what she wrote. She was 15 when this relationship began.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    So your answer is yes, you don’t understand. Read what she wrote. She was 15 when this relationship began.
    She was also apparently a runaway. Whatever she was trying to get out of must have left her even more vulnerable to this kind of awful manipulation.

It's also very odd that she wrote the lyrics/melodies and he claimed she did nothing. I can see that kind of drama happening in the middle of or during the aftermath of a breakup, but the fact that he never corrected it is strange. Like she thought she was worthless or disposable.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    From Pitchfork:
    Kath has sent Pitchfork a response statement via his attorney. “I am outraged and hurt by the recent statements made by Alice about me and our prior relationship,” he said. “Her story is pure fiction and I am consulting my lawyers as to my legal options. Fortunately, there are many witnesses who can and will confirm that I was never abusive to Alice.”

I don't know how you can have witnesses from personal moments behind the scenes shared between two people. Anyone can look nice from the outside and be a complete monster behind doors. Witnesses don't mean much in this case.
    Last edited by neorev; 10-24-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was trying understand that statement from him

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    That bizarre and meaningless statement just makes it even more clear who's full of shit here. Ethan's always come off as shifty, dismissive and condescending whenever Alice has been brought up. His "witnesses" comment sounds like someone who's an abuser trying to create a narrative to help themselves. Alice performing Celestica again at her solo dates makes the older material even more poignant.

This is all really monstrous and imagining any 25 year old guy fucking stalking a 15 year old girl (let alone everything else) is horrific. I remember an interview with him mentioning seeing her for the first time and "knowing he needed her in his band" and it feels incredibly creepy now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    From Pitchfork:
    I don't know how you can have witnesses from personal moments behind the scenes shared between two people. Anyone can look nice from the outside and be a complete monster behind doors. Witnesses don't mean much in this case.
    It's such a ridiculous thing to say. He had people with him and Alice at all times? My dad was completely out of his mind at home at times and almost no one who knows him would ever suspect it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    when CC first came out and it turned out they (I guess Ethan) ripped off loads of chiptune artists and that madonna picture with the black eye I thought "assholes". Then they started getting critical acclaim and they put out Album 2 and Robert Smith liked them and I wondered if they'd moved on and were worthy of a second look. Then this. So: fuck Ethan, fuck Crystal Castles.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hopefully Alice sues the fuck out of this guy and gets the name. I don't know how it's legally possible, but she deserves it. The new CC absolutely sucks without her.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    everything about this story is heartbreaking. i hope alice can heal after putting this out there, and i hope this rightfully destroys whatever is left of ethan/CC's career.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Understandably, the rest of CC's tour dates coming up over the next few weeks have been cancelled.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    well, a completely unimportant silver lining to all this is that it spurred me to give CC a listen. Lotta good songs here. Guess I've been blowing it all these years.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I don't think anyone here needed any convincing but Alice shared some screenshots of emails with a manager from 2012 where they say that they are fully aware of Ethan's behavior and refer to is as abuse and say they could get him put in jail for things they knew he was doing. It's really disturbing to see someone acting as if they're looking out for someone and on their side who then went on to do nothing at all about it and recently claimed that they were "never fully aware" of how her and Ethan interacted, and even if it isn't explicit proof of everything she says he did, it definitely debunks his absurd "pure fiction" claim.

It's all such a sad situation and I hope Edith isn't in a similar one.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just found out about this whole story as I was trying to buy a ticket for the Montreal show. Couldn't find the show on the promoter's page anymore.
    Heart goes out to Alice and hopefully, justice will prevail.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I think everything Ethan is saying is bullshit. Fuck him.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    This is getting ugly real fast.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Reading the lawsuit is nuts. No matter what this whole situation is next-level wild and Crystal Castles seems over for good. Edith not having any voice or presence at all makes the whole thing feel worse, too — it keeps Kath’s image as a controlling, silencing presence all the more prevalent. What a shitshow.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ethan Kath Is Facing A Sex Crimes Investigation

Although the nature of Palmieri’s offences are yet to be revealed, one woman reportedly alleges that Palmieri began contacting her online when she was just 15, before initiating a sexual relationship only a year later.

So another woman has come forward since Alice it seems.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/crysta...gation-2185441

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    any updates on this case?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)