Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2035

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, I really regret buying the CD. There's pretty much nothing to it. I don't own a turn table, but seeing the photos others have posted (with full booklet and stickers), I definitely wish I'd ordered the vinyl instead.
    Same for ...LC, it was a shame. Nothing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eluus View Post
    Same for ...LC, it was a shame. Nothing.
    does anyone have hi-res scans of the vinyl booklet? It may be time to go DIY...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Saw QOTSA in Philly last night. The setlist was very heavy on new songs, most of which sounded considerably more warm/natural/human in person. Turnin' On The Screw was absolutely huge, as was Leg Of Lamb. But to only get one song off Lullabies and zero off QOTSA was disappointing. Overall, Penn's Landing is a shit venue.

PS- Good God was Royal Blood amazing. Those guys are players!!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I can't wait for them to hit T.O. tomorrow night!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I actually really liked the new album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New album isn't clicking with me right now, it could be the influx of new music for me lately. Maybe it'll be a grower?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsectGod View Post
    New album isn't clicking with me right now, it could be the influx of new music for me lately. Maybe it'll be a grower?
    It is for sure a grower. I needed at least a half-dozen listens just to get into the vibe of each track. Deluxe vinyl packaging, elle est très belle n'est-ce pas?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Still having trouble with "Head Like A Haunted House". But the rest of it is growing on me like a C-Difficile parasite. Feeling so fancy free!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Seeing the new songs live helps, I'd say. I liked the new album right off the bat, but at Riot Fest they played a couple of the songs that weren't my favorites and I feel like I have a new-found appreciation for Domesticated Animals now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Still having trouble with "Head Like A Haunted House". But the rest of it is growing on me like a C-Difficile parasite. Feeling so fancy free!!

Awwwwww. That's my favorite song, by far!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    How's it going with this album? I get the vibe it kinda sank without trace.
    I don't see it being talked about much here, or anywhere really.
    I've been afraid to go near it after hearing The Way You Used To, but of course it's a QOTSA album so I will get to it in the end (though I still haven't listened to Them Crooked Vultures).

I really loved Like Clockwork and its return to the QOTSA I love so I'm a bit scared is all.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Love the album, it's already classic QOTSA to me. I only had a problem with The Way You Used To Do initially, but hearing the live version from Mada Vale session with much harder drums salvaged it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm trying to think of it as a grower, going back to it every few weeks to see if something catches me. That's how ...Like Clockwork and Lullabies worked for me. So far, I've got nothing. I refuse to say it's a bad album, but it's just kind of unremarkable.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    How's it going with this album? I get the vibe it kinda sank without trace.
    I don't see it being talked about much here, or anywhere really.
    I've been afraid to go near it after hearing The Way You Used To, but of course it's a QOTSA album so I will get to it in the end (though I still haven't listened to Them Crooked Vultures).

I really loved Like Clockwork and its return to the QOTSA I love so I'm a bit scared is all.
    What's to be a afraid of? Just listen to it. If you don't like it you don't like it. Why be afraid of music? It won't change their prior body of work at large if you don't like it.

I dig the album. Not sure why everyone hates the fuck out of it for.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Album is OK, not the best from QOTSA, but a good listen.
    "Like Clockwork" left the bar very high and everyone was expecting something as good if not better, that's why the buzz died quickly.

Still, i like "Villains", the two tracks posted above are good examples of how good it is...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It's fun, it's swaggering, it's got a sense of effortless cool dripping from a lot of tracks, it takes crazy detours like Head Like a Haunted House and gets some great lines in on songs like Feet Don't Fail Me and Unreborn Again. It feels like the manic cousin to the depressed Like Clockwork, existing in the same space but finding reasons to enjoy it rather than lament it and it taps into that rock feeling of running from the inevitable. I didn't expect anything to top Like Clockwork, so maybe my expectations were better tempered, but I'm completely happy with it. It's Queens being Queens and I consider that to be always a good thing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This string quartet rendition of Villains of Circumstance, which happens to be one of my absolute favorites from Villains, is just as amazing as I hoped it would be.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    This string quartet rendition of Villains of Circumstance, which happens to be one of my absolute favorites from Villains, is just as amazing as I hoped it would be.
    Beautiful. I'd love to see a version of "Fortress" done in this style.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Metallica had a good idea with S&M, I just wish more bands would try it out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Beautiful. I'd love to see a version of "Fortress" done in this style.
    YES!! That song is my other favorite song on Villains and would lend itself extremely well to a similarly-styled string quartet treatment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It's fun, it's swaggering, it's got a sense of effortless cool dripping from a lot of tracks, it takes crazy detours like Head Like a Haunted House and gets some great lines in on songs like Feet Don't Fail Me and Unreborn Again. It feels like the manic cousin to the depressed Like Clockwork, existing in the same space but finding reasons to enjoy it rather than lament it and it taps into that rock feeling of running from the inevitable. I didn't expect anything to top Like Clockwork, so maybe my expectations were better tempered, but I'm completely happy with it. It's Queens being Queens and I consider that to be always a good thing.

This is is a great post and description. I haven't listened to LC in awhile, but I would say I like this album more. Just has that Queens sleazy, cool, sexy vibe.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Has anyone got the WDR acoustic sessions?

They seem to be gone from their website

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Has anyone got the WDR acoustic sessions?

They seem to be gone from their website

Pardon my ignorance, but what is WDR? It sure sounds like something I want to get my hands on as well.
    EDIT: Never mind, Google is my friend. WDR = German radio station WDR 1LIVE. So... Anyone feel like sharing?
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 10-06-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Saw Queens twice in the past fews days; first was CalJam and then Red Rocks.

CalJam:
    This was my first time at the venue in Devour, CA and I can safely say that I will not be returning regardless of who plays there. The acoustics sucked...Josh's guitar kept cutting in and out and the vocals dipped down a little bit every once and a while. The new tracks didn't transition well into the live environment and I felt that each one brought the show to a halt since I felt like I was seeing a different band each time. In the end I blame the venue/sound crew for this experience since clearly something was going on with the audio.

Red Rocks:
    Perhaps its due to being the headlining act, or it could be the venue change, or maybe a little bit of both, but the band sounded AMAZING. The new tracks flowed and sounded 1000% better than CalJam. I was so pumped to see them at that venue and I am happy to report that it was an EXCELLENT show. Josh was very talkative, and even mentioned something about being on mushrooms at the time of the show, and really made it clear that he was happy to be there and that he was happy "we all were dancing together."

Listening to the new album now after seeing it performed live breathes new life into it for me. It's funny how a live performance can make you change your stance on the studio version.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I already liked most of the album, but seeing them perform Domesticated Animals at Riot Fest gave me a newfound appreciation for that song. And I love Feet Don't Fail Me Now, but it seemed to have even more swagger when they played it live. I liked it from the start, but Villains has continued to grow on me. I wish others would give it more of a chance.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I ended up with an extra ticket for the show in Boston on the 21st. Anyone interested?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I ended up with an extra ticket for the show in Boston on the 21st. Anyone interested?
    Is it Floor 1? If so, for sure!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They fucking played Ode to Clarissa in St. Louis???? :::dies:::

Edit: It's on setlist.fm, but someone's got to be confused. : /
    Last edited by jessamineny; 10-13-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've seen them twice. They're a really solid band. They never disappoint.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Is it Floor 1? If so, for sure!
    Yup, it is!