Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2035

Thread: Qotsa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, one think I really liked was the intro this time around. That's a department where QOTSA always hits the nail on the head. Loved it!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the QOTSA guys backing Iggy Pop. That being said, I've seen them a real lot but think I'm going to give the show a pass this time. The new album is pretty good and all but the show is in an arena. Having seen them in many smaller venues I don't think bigger is going to be better with this band. I was lucky to see them in a tiny bar with Dave Grohl on drums. Don't think they are going to top that show. Budgetary considerations....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Saw them in London Wembley on Saturday, still amazing, still cool. Really wanted to hear Feet Don't Fail Me Now live and it was fabulous as expected. Josh did his usual little dancing and banter with the crowd, even telling off the security for using their spotlights. He was limping at the end though. My only bugbear was that the sound was a bit 'muddy' but that maybe due to where I was seated. Wish I didn't sell my O2 ticket now

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Are they still fun to see stuck back in a seat? The closest show to me already had its small pit sell out and resells are insane. It’s a 2 hour drive each way and I don’t know if they’d be as good cut off like that and would hate for my first show to be a let down.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    They were still good, I mean most of the people around me stood up most of the time, but yes I would of preferred a standing ticket or a seat nearer the front. Excellent reviews from London 02 last night.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    josh's soundtrack for in the fade was apparently released last week, on goddamn apple music.
    Was anyone able to listen? is it any good?
    I wonder if/how/when we can purchase this...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's streaming on Spotify- https://open.spotify.com/album/1svjhdKLKOv80Dedgy2A1K

Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    josh's soundtrack for in the fade was apparently released last week, on goddamn apple music.
    Was anyone able to listen? is it any good?
    I wonder if/how/when we can purchase this...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just getting started on this, but working out to be a good listen - Adam Buxton podcast with Josh Homme:

https://soundcloud.com/adam-buxton/e...berry-assemble

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Festival ticket for Finsbury Park purchased..kerching

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    So, I just discovered the QOTSA Wiki and it's pretty damn good. And funny.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So at Acoustic Christmas, it was not a good night for Josh. He kicked a female photographer's camera, and it looks like it smacks her right in the head from the force of it. Apparently he also took out a pocketknife and cut his face. He looks like a total dick, and like he's out of control and needs to get off tour. Makes me sad.

https://www.facebook.com/CLauren/vid...5529037516324/

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's pretty fucked up in general. Sounds like he needs a break...and to make a few apologies while he's at it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Wait what was that about cutting his own face with a pocketknife??

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Wait what was that about cutting his own face with a pocketknife??
    Apparently it was during No One Knows. Someone said he first ran it across his cheek and then his forehead, which was cut in the process. Maybe he was trying to elicit some reaction/life from the dead radio show crowd and thought that'd be a good idea? No idea.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Sounds like he made a real asshole out of himself at that show. The girl will be filing criminal charges against him tomorrow apparently....Wasnt their bass player the one ranting and raving that the Paris bombings were an inside job...Might be time for that band to disappear for a decade or so...
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 12-10-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Wasnt their bass player the one ranting and raving that the Paris bombings were an inside job
    That was Jesse Hughes, the lead singer of Eagles of Death Metal, one of Josh's other bands. I believe he said that he thought one of the security guards was in on it, not that it was a government conspiracy or anything like that.

Also, the photographer can't file charges. She can report the incident to the police. The police would then file charges, if they so choose.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Also, the photographer can't file charges. She can report the incident to the police. The police would then file charges, if they so choose.
    Chelsea Lauren is going to press charges, meaning that she's asking for them to be filed.

Fuck Josh Homme right now. Second apology was better, but he needs to be ready to be held accountable for this. The absolute LEAST he can do is pay her medical bills and replace any equipment that he damaged with his dumbass kick, and that gesture shouldn't lead to any settlements unless Chelsea is OK with that.
    @botley - I thought the same thing about the lights, but he was nowhere near any of them when he swung his leg.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Sounds like he made a real asshole out of himself at that show. The girl will be filing criminal charges against him tomorrow apparently....Wasnt their bass player the one ranting and raving that the Paris bombings were an inside job...Might be time for that band to disappear for a decade or so...
    No, it's not. He wasn't accused of sexually assaulting over a dozen women. He kicked a camera into someone's face. I'll agree that he made an asshole of himself at that show, but the punishment should fit the crime. He owes her a public apology and whatever goes along with the charges she's filing (maybe fines or a settlement).

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Maybe Josh and Manson should team up for a project.

Edit - Here are her photos - two right as he kicks her, and then one of him after he cut his face.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BciIUG4Dh1-/
    Last edited by Sarah K; 12-10-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I love the band, but Josh's treatment of the photographer in that clip is deplorable. Sincerely hope she's okay, and that he gets the hell away from people for a while to sort his shit out. Made me embarrassed to find myself walking around in a QOTSA t-shirt today after watching that.

The self-harming thing is actually way less surprising, to me... I think my buddy went to a club show on the Lullabies tour in early '05 when Homme cut himself with a beer bottle to shut up the assholes in the crowd yelling "where's Nick!?", or something to that effect. So that's pretty fucked up.

EDIT: Josh has apologized.

Last night, while in a state of being lost in performance, I kicked over various lighting and equipment on our stage. Today it was brought to my attention that this included a camera held by photographer Chelsea Lauren. I did not mean for that to happen and I am very sorry. I would never intentionally cause harm to anyone working at or attending one of our shows and I hope Chelsea will accept my sincere apology.—Joshua Homme
    Last edited by botley; 12-10-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like he was going for some “cool rock star” move where he knocks the camera out of her hands. Dumb. Surely isn’t a violent kick and I have a hard time believing she suffered “serious injury”.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I have a hard time believing she suffered “serious injury”.
    Some of that equipment is very heavy and made of metal. Having that kicked into your face, especially the way you hold a camera, could easily lead to a broken face (nose, eye sockets, etc). Depending on the situation, even a mild concussion if the brin bounced around too much (I've gotten a concussion from around that much force, actually).
    Sure, it's not "my leg was cut off" but that could be some pretty serious damage there. Especially since she's a photographer, so damage to the eyes means no income until you're able to see correctly.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    He should have just said be was coked out of his mind or whatever, because that would be much more believable to me than "I was lost in performance".

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Part of their stage set on this leg of the tour has been these big wobbly vertical LED bars that the band deliberately kick and bump into for amusing effect. So, in a sense, I buy that he could have lost his composure and kicked something else on the stage that he shouldn't have. But that's still a shitty thing to do, and using the R-word when combatively challenging an indifferent crowd is another ongoing behaviour of his I feel embarrassed by, and something I really wish he would stop doing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I buy that he could have lost his composure and kicked something else on the stage that he shouldn't have.
    But the camera wasn't on the stage. He had to actively swing his foot off of the stage to kick it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    What is r-word lol

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    What is r-word lol
    http://bfy.tw/FUkw

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Really disappointing behavior from Josh!