Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,501 to 1,512 of 1512

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Come on, people. You keep shitting over Villains' production and mixing, but you're somehow okay with the damn-near-unlistenable mix of Deftones' Gore?
    me, I'm not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Come on, people. You keep shitting over Villains' production and mixing, but you're somehow okay with the damn-near-unlistenable mix of Deftones' Gore?
    I kinda dig Gore more than Villains sonically. I dig that both bands were trying something different.
    I get the beef as far as how the records are mixed. Could be better but still damn fine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    well, I got the CD and the music is grwoing on me, all sounds concerns aside.
    But what upsets me the most is yet again the lack of complete booklet in there. I get that it's now a dying format but come on, a folding 4 pages (at least) wouldn't hurt, it's not like they can't spare the few cents it probably cost to do this. Or make a nice digipak instead of that crappy jewel case.
    So now I can't get proper artwork without buying the expensive vinyl bs deluxe or whatever edition

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    well, I got the CD and the music is grwoing on me, all sounds concerns aside.
    But what upsets me the most is yet again the lack of complete booklet in there. I get that it's now a dying format but come on, a folding 4 pages (at least) wouldn't hurt, it's not like they can't spare the few cents it probably cost to do this. Or make a nice digipak instead of that crappy jewel case.
    So now I can't get proper artwork without buying the expensive vinyl bs deluxe or whatever edition
    Yeah, I really regret buying the CD. There's pretty much nothing to it. I don't own a turn table, but seeing the photos others have posted (with full booklet and stickers), I definitely wish I'd ordered the vinyl instead.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, I really regret buying the CD. There's pretty much nothing to it. I don't own a turn table, but seeing the photos others have posted (with full booklet and stickers), I definitely wish I'd ordered the vinyl instead.
    Wanna buy my indie pressing?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This is just the best http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...-bedtime-story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    All the people complaining about album's mix and drums in particular probably never heard an album called Era Vulgaris. Everything sounded super hollow, drums sounded like a set of saucepans, yet... surprise surprise, it worked because that's what that album needed and how Josh wanted it. It's the same story all over again.
    Seriously, if I'd just listen to this new record without reading this thread, I wouldn't in a million years suspect that there's something supposedly wrong with its mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Same for ...LC, it was a shame. Nothing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eluus View Post
    Same for ...LC, it was a shame. Nothing.
    does anyone have hi-res scans of the vinyl booklet? It may be time to go DIY...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Saw QOTSA in Philly last night. The setlist was very heavy on new songs, most of which sounded considerably more warm/natural/human in person. Turnin' On The Screw was absolutely huge, as was Leg Of Lamb. But to only get one song off Lullabies and zero off QOTSA was disappointing. Overall, Penn's Landing is a shit venue.

PS- Good God was Royal Blood amazing. Those guys are players!!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I can't wait for them to hit T.O. tomorrow night!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I actually really liked the new album.