Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was never a huge fan of Joey. Dave is the true drummer for this band. Him and Jho have a good musical connection. I'd like to see Dave do this as a permanent gig.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A little sad that Joey has left, he is a seriously badass drummer, although of course... Dave Goddamn Grohl is back...

If you've seen Back & Forth, the Foos doc, you'll know that Dave almost joined QOTSA full time when he played with them last. He loves it, and it'll probably mean he'll tour. Goddamn, Troy, Dean, Dave, Mikey and Josh. That's just the perfectly amalgamation of a bunch of my favourite bands right there.

edit: Full lineup I just said is confirmed, but that looks like a weird way to record... definitely in the mixing sessions now (and imho, a weird way to mix)
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 11-06-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Qotsa > foos

I don't hate foos, but they are pretty dull. Singles band. More or less everything else Grohl does is better. It's odd? So yeah, best qotsa era for me was circa 2002, happy to see foos sidelined in favour of a slight return to that era

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Why did he leave? Was he forced out for Grohl?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    edit: Full lineup I just said is confirmed, but that looks like a weird way to record... definitely in the mixing sessions now (and imho, a weird way to mix)
    One assumes the tape is just for the photo, rather than the way the desk is actually set up.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Man, I am bummed Joey's gone (thank you Joey for ten amazing years), but Grohl is the ONLY alternate choice.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Joey was a great drummer for this band. Wonder why he left. But yeah, Dave is more than a formidable replacement. Songs For the Deaf should be proof enough.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    ::crosses fingers that Sunny Day Real Estate will get their shit together now::

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    This probably explains the "extended hiatus" Dave was referring to at that Last Foo's show. I'm excited for this album now, but like everyone I'll miss Joey. He was a sweetheart and a beast on drums.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Great news! Also, Josh reunited with Oliveri this year for the latest Mondo Generator album. It's all coming back together!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Great news! Also, Josh reunited with Oliveri this year for the latest Mondo Generator album. It's all coming back together!
    REALLY?! I find that hard to believe, y'know, especially with the whole Nick being a total woman-beating douchebag and getting arrested for holding his partner hostage thing...
    If that is true, I may have lost a little respect for Josh

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I couldn't believe it, either. He is listed as a contributor, along with John Garcia (before the whole lawsuit over the Kyuss name) and Blag Dahlia (who Josh beat the shit out of once). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_Comes_To_Your_Heart

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    If anyone cares to hear Nick's side of the story, they can check out the interview Antiquiet did with him.

I don't expect he will ever rejoin Queens — that would be a colossally huge blunder — but it is good to see that Josh is standing behind him after a lot of misunderstanding and unfounded rumours. I'm as guilty as anyone is for buying into them; but ultimately, it didn't affect my opinion of Nick's musicianship (which is still lower than most fans' is, though I liked his non-screaming vocals).
    Last edited by botley; 11-07-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Sorry if I'm being daft, but where is the interview (or link) on this page? I feel like I'm looking at a magic eye puzzle

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Nick's interview with Antiquiet? http://bit.ly/UwJi5z

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Will miss Joey and his cholo tats

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Nick's interview with Antiquiet? http://bit.ly/UwJi5z
    I don't see any interview or link to it on that page, either.

But here's a link to the interview on youtube:

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I respect his reasons for leaving Kyuss, but... on other matters he is fairly evasive & I feel like I've known enough shifty people in my time to know when something is up

but he does seem very different, I believe him when he says the penny has dropped

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    uh...
    You can add Trent to this now. Vocals I am guessing?? Josh, Dave and Trent. Can't wait....

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Josh, Dave, and Trent... that's a musical orgasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After all these shenanigans, this album better deliver. In a big way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I hope Trent's contribution involves more than a noisy fruity loop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was this never posted? It's been up since November 6.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Was this never posted? It's been up since November 6.

When I first saw that, and saw "TR IZ", I thought to myself "Wait, could that mean..." Then I figured it was just a nickname for Troy or something. But this news of Trent joining for a track, I was pleasantly surprised. Even more stoked for this album.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Please don't ruin a QOTSA song with Fragile era guitar drones, Trent. I loved that sound when it came out, but you've beaten it so far into the ground it's melting from the heat of the earth (in a bad way). If you're going to endlessly recycle stuff, why not revisit that vicious razor guitar sound from Broken? You know, back when you played more than one note every two measures?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope this ends up with Dave on the new nails album too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I hope this ends up with Josh on the new nails album too.
    Fixed that for you.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Likes for the both of you

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Grohl is always welcome on some NIN as far as I'm concerned, and J. Ho is overdue for an appearance! TR is about to make his 2nd QOTSA cameo, and Josh's contribution to Year Zero (backing vox on 'In This Twilight'? is that right?) is forever entombed, so get on it, Homme!

I can't believe Grohl is recording drums for the next Queens LP (Song for the Deaf remains my album of choice). Touring with the band is a whole other fun discussion, but as far as the album is concerned, my excitement probably went up 50% based on that news alone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The idea of Trent playing with QOTSA seemed so unfathomable to me, I did assume it was Troy...
    ...it also made me think that (ah, ha ha, please let this be true so I can go YES!) Trent may play guitar for them full time. Wild concept.