Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Oh man, it's the TGWTDT treasure hunt all over again... without the crazy hidden messages

https://twitter.com/destroyangels/st...68708502974464

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My skin began to crawl as I read the AMA question that mentioned their kids. . . Can't people just enjoy their music, and not try to pry into their personal lives?!?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Yay! My super suck up question got answered! Couldn't help letting my "OMFG HTDA" side out there. Also read the possibility of more videos somewhere in there which is just the bees knees if you ask me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Love Trent's reply to that passive aggressive dickhead at the end of the page. Made me laugh so hard, I'm so glad he answered it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Would have been easier using your selection, but haven't noticed it before.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/ninhu...51361139838867

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Damn. Somebody should have asked Atticus about the unreleased 12 Rounds album...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR
    I doubt there will be a physical release but we’ll continue to put songs up (slowly, as you may have noticed)
    http://www.ninwiki.com/Htda_Questions#12_Rounds

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So, now that an extra $500 has fallen into my lap, it's taking every single ounce of self-control I have to resist buying tickets to the Denver, CO show. It's the closest one, and the tickets aren't that pricey, but it's on a Sunday, and I'd likely have to miss class that next day. Maybe I'd get by, hard to tell. But uuugh. I have to mull this one over, fast. I might just hold out for NIN tickets and try for pre-sales, because I have a feeling that tickets for HTDA are gonna be all sold out by the time I decide (surprisingly, there are still a handful of tickets left).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    every time I hear Too Late, All Gone, I can't help but expect them to say "Shotgun... Now tell me where my niggas at"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Random HTDA thoughts

Speaking of too late, all gone, does trent's "Ooooooh" right before the first chorus remind anyone else of tv on the radio?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I want HTDA to cover this.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Man, those two extra tracks. Wow. "Unintended consequences" gave me more chills than most of the Dragon Tattoo OST. That multiplied voice effect at the end was also used in a Ghosts track I believe, it sounds so funny!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    HTDA recorded the first EP in 48kHz because they were "subscribing to the belief that it actually sounds better than 96kHz". But, ever since, TSN, Tattoo and WO have all been released in 96kHz. Huh.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    HTDA recorded the first EP in 48kHz because they were "subscribing to the belief that it actually sounds better than 96kHz". But, ever since, TSN, Tattoo and WO have all been released in 96kHz. Huh.
    Maybe someone showed them otherwise?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The original quote was "We recorded this at 24bit 48k because we're currently subscribing to the belief that it actually sounds better than 96k." Maybe it sounded good for the initial EP, but after doing the soundtracks (which have to be in the highest quality possible considering the film is going to play in multiplexes around the world), they decided it was better to record the other way.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The original quote was "We recorded this at 24bit 48k because we're currently subscribing to the belief that it actually sounds better than 96k." Maybe it sounded good for the initial EP, but after doing the soundtracks (which have to be in the highest quality possible considering the film is going to play in multiplexes around the world), they decided it was better to record the other way.
    Probably. Sound in movies is usually recorded and mixed in 48k, but I see your point. After all, those prepared piano sounds in Tattoo needed the highest recording quality possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Just gonna say it -- the CD sequence of Welcome Oblivion is vastly superior to the vinyl sequence. That said, I immensely enjoy the vinyl additions, and I also enjoy throwing Speaking in Tongues in at the appropriate spot as well. Time to make some sort of correct sequence, if someone hasn't beaten me to it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Where do you place Speaking of Tongues? Do you also place The Sleep of Reason... somewhere?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Where do you place Speaking of Tongues? Do you also place The Sleep of Reason... somewhere?
    Speaking in Tongues segues PERFECTLY after Unintended Consequences -- it's totally bizarre that it wasn't included because it really fits perfectly.

The Sleep of Reason I don't much care for and don't really see a logical place for it anyway... so yeah

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Something I realized today was that while HTDA has been pushing digital downloads as the definitive method of obtaining their music, vinyl is actually the only format in which every song they've made has been officially released, thanks to the bonus tracks for the vinyl edition of Welcome oblivion.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    but the bonus tracks on the white label CD?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    except they didn't record any of the soundtracks or Welcome Oblivion at 96k. they still record at 48k. it gets mastered at 96k, and we get the 96k mastered files.

also, even if any given soundtrack is recorded at 96k, it still gets played at 48k in every movie theater everywhere.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    but the bonus tracks on the white label CD?
    Still excludes the two tracks exclusive to An omen.

Like, I mean one medium universally. Digital doesn't have the WO bonus tracks, An omen wasn't released on CD. It's a dumb nitpick.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    someone help me out -- after An Omen came out, Trent made some statement about how the ending of one of the songs illustrated the genius of Alan Moulder or something similar. I can't find it and its driving me crazy... anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    someone help me out -- after An Omen came out, Trent made some statement about how the ending of one of the songs illustrated the genius of Alan Moulder or something similar. I can't find it and its driving me crazy... anyone?

On the wing

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm really arbitrarily excited by the frequency of the Octatrack in the rehearsal pictures/vines/whatever. I'm very curious to see how they use it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mariqueen is a damn good dancer.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    these performances have worked on me. I just wasn't that into HTDA_ originally but the footage from coachella and pomona have really got in my head and now I LOVE IT! The production aspect is so... immersive. Way to go, Rob.

Also, Mariqueen's voice is amazing. She's really fantastic as a singer. I love Trent and NIN and his voice but her vocals polarize his.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think BBB and WO were the two biggest surprises for me performance-wise. BBB blew the studio version away (even with the idiotic lyrics) and Mariqueen completely killed it on WO. Amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragile Teeth View Post
    Mariqueen is a damn good dancer.
    Church. Exactly what I was thinking.