Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    now that tr is shackle free from nin touring, i wonder when an international htda tour will happen.
    Possibly not until a new album drops.
    moar htda tours

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You know, I hardly listen to An Omen as a record, as great as it is, it would've been better to have had more than 2 unique tracks to keep it fresh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You know, I hardly listen to An Omen as a record, as great as it is, it would've been better to have had more than 2 unique tracks to keep it fresh
    I don't think I've listened to it since Welcome Oblivion came out, though I occasionally listen to Speaking in Tongues and lament that its not on the album where it should be

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I don't think I've listened to it since Welcome Oblivion came out, though I occasionally listen to Speaking in Tongues and lament that its not on the album where it should be
    I spin it every now and then (more often than the KIT 12" anyway), but I just feel I can listen to Welcome Oblivion for the full sound but more songs. Was thinking this as I listened to it mind.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I didn't like An Omen at all, the songs didn't work as well within the EP context in my opinion. I occasionally throw those extra songs into Welcome Oblivion's playlist though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The omen served one purpose to me and that was to lower my expectations for the LP... Which pleasantly surprised me. The same songs recontextualised worked much better on the album. Or maybe just having more tracks makes skipping KIT easier.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    The omen served one purpose to me and that was to lower my expectations for the LP... Which pleasantly surprised me. The same songs recontextualised worked much better on the album. Or maybe just having more tracks makes skipping KIT easier.
    I sort of despised KIT when it first came out but I've really come to love it. at first I thought it's just so textural that it needed headphones, but that never really worked. But somehow it was seeing it live -- where there's a real lack of texture -- that really made it click for me

that said, I actually totally agree with you on the lowered expectations
    Last edited by screwdriver; 09-06-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i'm randomly thinking that, yeah, kleiner is right...the first one was most definitely the dopest.
    it actually influenced me and the half japanese girl with whom i was playing open mics and living with at the time.
    we called ourselves Just Like You Imagined.
    i made nasty, sexy beats and played a mean guitar while she sang.
    i don't miss her, but goddamn i miss the music.

ok, sorry...i'm rambling again.

but good god, yes...fur-lined.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Fur-Lined is still my favorite HTDA track. I think Welcome Oblivion is a better complete package, but even so, very few of the tracks on that album compare to the perfection of Fur-Lined.

(I also vaguely remember a few people back on the old ETS being annoyed that it used the same drum machine as Only, as if projects involving Trent have never re-used things like that before.)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    (I also vaguely remember a few people back on the old ETS being annoyed that it used the same drum machine as Only, as if projects involving Trent have never re-used things like that before.)
    http://www.ninwiki.com/Htda_Questions#Fur-Lined_drums 'twas in the Q&A fan thing

Still annoyed we didn't get any HTDA in Europe when nearly the entire band was there for the NIN europe tour

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

that was my favorite complaint. fuck you danny carey, for playing the same drumset on every song on lateralus. fuck you, van halen, for using the same guitar on almost every song. and mostly, fuck you 90s hip hop, for using an mpc on almost everything

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Everything everything everything is echoing echoing echoing this is really happening !

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I miss the band, really... i'm so happy NIN returned last year but i want (late) 2014 (or maybe early 2015?) to be the year of the return of HTDA, obviously i want a new album and a tour (more than 13 shows please, and maybe come to Latin America...), loved "Welcome Oblivion" and i think the band has great potential to become a project of their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Absolutely love A Drowning, with Ice Age second. How was I supposed to know that Mariqueen was going to come onstage with Trent at the second Sydney NIN show last March? Still spewing I went to the wrong show.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Mariqueen did a photoshoot with the name Welcome Oblivion, kindling my hope for a new album http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2014/10/e...come-oblivion/

And, loose relation, Ming & Ping's The Light of Day / The Darkness of Night is finally out on physical/digital, which Q gives vocals to on Chinatown http://mingping.com/shop/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Didn't the song Mariqueen was featured on for that come out like three years ago?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Didn't the song Mariqueen was featured on for that come out like three years ago?
    Yes but on an EP (that is half the album), and only digitally I think

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Mariqueen did a photoshoot with the name Welcome Oblivion, kindling my hope for a new album http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2014/10/e...come-oblivion/
    her second outfit (the rick owens one) is like ice planet hoth-chic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    her second outfit (the rick owens one) is like ice planet hoth-chic
    That is her Wampa battle attire.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Somebody posted it on reddit somewhere and brings up an interesting theory on the HTDA Releases:

How To Destroy Angels (EP)
    Omen (EP)
    Welcome Oblivion

could their releases spell out the name? or is this just a coincidence?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Somebody posted it on reddit somewhere and brings up an interesting theory on the HTDA Releases:

How To Destroy Angels (EP)
    Omen (EP)
    Welcome Oblivion

could their releases spell out the name? or is this just a coincidence?
    Coincidence, and it would be
    How to destroy angels
    An omen ep_
    Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Coincidence, and it would be
    How to destroy angels
    An omen ep_
    Welcome oblivion

"Haw Ta Destray angels" the boston band!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What's the best non-Coachella live recording? I want to check encore songs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what is going on technically speaking in the song Keep it Together?

I am blown away by the subtle effect on Mariqueens voice. When she says "tremolo", yeah of course we hear the harmony, but underneath, her delay/echo comes out slightly more prominently. It sounds like a quiet little scattered loop of her voice that ends abruptly. What gear are they using for her voice? It looks like they've got Traktor set up too or something...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The Vision Behind HTDA

Does anyone know what the main idea or purpose behind HTDA is?

I would really like to decipher their message/messages. Each song has a story to tell it seems but I'm finding it challenging to grasp it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on technically speaking in the song Keep it Together?

I am blown away by the subtle effect on Mariqueens voice. When she says "tremolo", yeah of course we hear the harmony, but underneath, her delay/echo comes out slightly more prominently. It sounds like a quiet little scattered loop of her voice that ends abruptly. What gear are they using for her voice? It looks like they've got Traktor set up too or something...
    The music video ( ) shows a lot of the tech and gear from the song, but I don't think they've gone into detail about what was used on that song (unlike The Believers, wish there was something like that for every track).
    Does anyone know what the main idea or purpose behind HTDA is?

I would really like to decipher their message/messages. Each song has a story to tell it seems but I'm finding it challenging to grasp it.
    I don't think there's a band concept - some songs are clearly about relationships, some about fan reactions (imo) and some about broader themes.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I always thought they were about end-times, some sort of dystopian future, well Welcome Oblivion anyway

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I appreciate your input.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    By the way you said they went into more detail with the song The Believers. Do you mean they made a music video that shows their gear more or they explained it in an interview or something?

I'd like to find out about that one.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    By the way you said they went into more detail with the song The Believers. Do you mean they made a music video that shows their gear more or they explained it in an interview or something?

I'd like to find out about that one.
    http://www.wired.com/2010/05/process_song/