Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I don't either, Harry. You'll still get the music, right?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Looking at Biophillia I admit it does look very nice but I really don't get apps at all. Apps are an Apple thing right?
    An app is just an application. It's no different than any program you've ever installed on your computer, except it's built to run on a different operating system (like iOS, what iPhone/iPod/iPad uses) or Android (what a shitload of cell phones and tablets uses). There's nothing to "get".

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I guess I can go fuck myself because I don't own a smartphone or tablet.
    Own a computer?

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-ways-...-apps-windows/

I believe it's also possible to run iOS apps (iPhone/iPod/iPad) on a Mac, but it requires having the source code for said app.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    An app is just an application. It's no different than any program you've ever installed on your computer, except it's built to run on a different operating system (like iOS, what iPhone/iPod/iPad uses) or Android (what a shitload of cell phones and tablets uses). There's nothing to "get".
    Ah, I don't really bother with any of that. I have a Nokia N8 anyway so I doubt I'd be able to get it since the N8 store is pretty much dead in the water. As stated though I just want to hear the music. Really not worried how, just as long as I can

I hope they do the magneticy disc thingy again. I put my cats paw on the Year Zero disc and it was JUST precious!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope the new album is to the self titled EP what Broken/TDS were to Pretty Hate Machine - A total mindblowing headfuck of awesome.

High hopes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    or it could not be an app

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    how about they just release the record and tour like every other band that makes money. they arent gonna make any money off the music. they make money off the shows. and the merch...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    how about they just release the record and tour like every other band that makes money.
    I would imagine that having two extremely young children doesn't make a "standard" tour a real distinct possibility. That's not to say live shows would be out of the question, but a months-long run of the states just doesn't strike me as feasible when BOTH parents are in the band.

I also have to imagine that money isn't a huge issue. Maybe I'm wrong; I don't know. But Trent strikes me as a pretty business savvy guy, and has probably managed to make sure that he's at least in a financially secure position. Not saying he's likely to be mind-blowingly wealthy, but I would imagine that his latter NIN days (with less gear-destructive live shows) and successful film scores would have been enough to afford him the chance to make/release music without money being a primary concern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    they arent gonna make any money off the music. they make money off the shows. and the merch...
    Isn't the point of Trent's departure from Interscope, self-promotion, formation of "Null Co.", and digital distribution of recent material to make money off of the music itself? Why the multiple price tiers and free 5 song previews if you're trying to hype a tour as an unknown band not sell a product? The HTDA Ep, and both soundtracks were distributed primarily in digital formats without a tour to follow them.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i would imagine that having two extremely young children doesn't make a "standard" tour a real distinct possibility.
    they get older every day

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think it'd be interesting if they did a one week only engagement at a club in LA. They play new stuff, stuff from the EP, a cover or two, maybe even a few variations on some NIN material. Throw in a couple special guests and you've got quite a deal, all within a comfortable distance from home.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I think it'd be interesting if they did a one week only engagement at a club in LA. They play new stuff, stuff from the EP, a cover or two, maybe even a few variations on some NIN material. Throw in a couple special guests and you've got quite a deal, all within a comfortable distance from home a very limited portion of their fanbase.
    Mostly a good idea...except for that part at the end that needed a little fixing

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I think it'd be interesting if they did a one week only engagement at a club in LA. They play new stuff, stuff from the EP, a cover or two, maybe even a few variations on some NIN material. Throw in a couple special guests and you've got quite a deal, all within a comfortable distance from home.
    LA - Chicago - NY
    Flexibility for a few european people.
    I got a deja vu. Proposed this already 6 months ago

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I am at the point of beyond caring about this by now. TELL US SOMETHING ALREADY, TRENT.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I would imagine that having two extremely young children doesn't make a "standard" tour a real distinct possibility.
    Don't worry, the kids will be fine. They'll just hire Danny Lohner to babysit

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I wonder if Trent's kids are friends with Josh Freese's

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rob Sheridan is getting married soon. 2013 looks more and more like the case.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Actually, I thought the opposite... that (if we assume he's a key member of the team) an impending marriage would be a looming deadline to have things all wrapped up and ready for release.

And given the fact that both he and Q have tweeted in the past few weeks that they're impatient/excited to unleash the new material on us, that suggests that to me that it's nearing completion.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tamar is maybe doing photos for this release too, based on her 11:11 photo, so I doubt they want to have any work at all to do whilst on honeymoon

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? Does getting married prevent people from doing their job? People with normal jobs don't just take a six month break because they get married.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nah, he and Q have both been vocal about their impatience, and wanting to just go ahead and release the music. It's all done. We're waiting on some unknown release method, but that's it. But congrats, Rob!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? Does getting married prevent people from doing their job? People with normal jobs don't just take a six month break because they get married.
    You don't think that he'd be distracted and busy planning a wedding? Having a wedding, going on a honeymoon...

Mind you, if it's "SOON" then it might not be for a few years yet...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    You don't think that he'd be distracted and busy planning a wedding? Having a wedding, going on a honeymoon...

Mind you, if it's "SOON" then it might not be for a few years yet...
    I think you're forgetting that Rob tweeted his impatience regarding wanting the product to get released, implying that his part in the release has been done for some time.

Then again, I think that tweet was deleted almost immediately, so...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I think you're forgetting that Rob tweeted his impatience regarding wanting the product to get released, implying that his part in the release has been done for some time.

Then again, I think that tweet was deleted almost immediately, so...
    You guys are putting way too much thought into a single tweet. Being impatient doesn't mean shit is coming out in the near future. You're all being a bit too hopeful.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Modified... FD's words used against himself
    You're putting way too much thought into a single tweet. Getting married doesn't mean shit isn't coming out in the near future. You're being a bit too pessimistic.
    Aaaaand we could say exactly the same thing about you
    Last edited by jessamineny; 09-11-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Another vague instagram photo http://instagram.com/p/PfPA_TkKPl/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh boy, I sure do love those vague photos

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Let's face it, we're getting a photo album.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Sigil 3: Holiday Snaps

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My prediction. They're going to release music videos for half the songs on the new record.

Fincher will direct them all. Yes.

One can wish.