Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    It's funny that tweet just had me picturing Q having a cute little tantrum, the way my wife likes to do with Trent just sitting there all stoic, busy doing something else. It's Half funny, half an act, dash of annoying, morse if only we were only paying more attention.

"Babe can we release the music now"

"Ummm No, Q"

"Pleaseeee"

"Nope. Come on now. Be patient. You know the plan"

"But I Waaaaaaant to right nowwww"

"You know this is for its own good. Just relax and the time will be here before you know it. Soon enough."

"Aw but soon enough isn't soon enough. This sucks"

"I Love you"

" Love you too" *sulks away like a sad little princess*

K I'll stop now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Sigh. I dunno. I don't really find this funny. She's the lead singer of the band. Certainly not some "little princess" who asks permission of Daddy. : /

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Of course she's not. Not really, anyway. That's why it's funny to me. Sometimes women just have tantrums to have tantrums. It *can* be cute. That superimposed image got a rise out of me. But hey, it's cool, be offended, its your right!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Can anyone else smell reddit?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Definitely caught a whiff of misogyny there. AgentofChaos, maybe you don't recognize it in what you just did there, but weird little fantasies like that belie an underlying current of objectification, and people are weird enough about celebrities - I don't feel comfortable with you infantilizing someone who already gets treated with a strange sort of disdain by a what I see as a rather sad segment of the fanbase. I hope by the time you get to this sentence, you're not butthurt and feeling the need to defend your actions. You're being weird, and we're pointing it out, because we're your internet buds. Think it over - and don't be weird, dude. If you really don't understand why that post is weird, follow up in another forum because the ensuing conversation, while enlightening, will have nothing to do with HTDA.

Now -- where were we? Twelve tracks on the album? Fourteen?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm thinking 16 tracks, with maybe IYLSE? as a bonus track

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    36 untitled instrumentals split into 4 volumes and 2 CDs. I bet no one used such format before.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    36 untitled instrumentals split into 4 volumes and 2 CDs. I bet no one used such format before.
    waaaaaaaaait a minute....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm going with 16 tracks. I don't mean to sound bitchy, but it's times like this when I wish TR didn't try to re-invent the wheel with every new release. Of course, when it finally comes out and if/when the plan kicks ass then I won't be bitching about how long it took. As you can probably tell, I'm kinda split about the whole thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I'm going with 16 tracks. I don't mean to sound bitchy, but it's times like this when I wish TR didn't try to re-invent the wheel with every new release. Of course, when it finally comes out and if/when the plan kicks ass then I won't be bitching about how long it took. As you can probably tell, I'm kinda split about the whole thing.
    Yeah thats kinda how I feel. I never have enough spare money for the really expensive special editions. In the end I just want the music.... And maybe a shirt. However, it's their album and as long as I get to hear it in the end I don't really mind

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The following was tweeted by Rob very early this morning (and supposedly deleted right away):

@rob_sheridan: Excited about the imagery I've been making over the past 6 months. Cool new technique I've been exploring. Wish I could say more. SOON...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    The following was tweeted by Rob very early this morning (and supposedly deleted right away):

@rob_sheridan: Excited about the imagery I've been making over the past 6 months. Cool new technique I've been exploring. Wish I could say more. SOON...
    Hope we aren't getting the poor guy in trouble with this. Wonder what this new technique is anyway. Thats now Mariqueen and Rob vocalising their desire to get their work out the door.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    so its totally an app

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The album will be released only in 3D printer file form, for us to print onto vinyl

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it's actually going to be a Bio-Printer file, like on Eureka.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    From Mariqueen's twitter:

"@DestroyAngels's Photo http://instagr.am/p/O2dpWRkKKO/ "

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^
    “3D-print THAT, b*tches!”

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It's going to come as day 1 DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

And it's going to be on the game disc already, you just have to pay 20 bucks to unlock it.

Or you can pay 100 bucks for the limited special edition that comes with a voucher to stream the album. On your Xbox. As long as you have a Live Gold account, of course.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    It's going to come as day 1 DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

And it's going to be on the game disc already, you just have to pay 20 bucks to unlock it.

Or you can pay 100 bucks for the limited special edition that comes with a voucher to stream the album. On your Xbox. As long as you have a Live Gold account, of course.
    I gotta pay for that damn facepalm button. . .

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I gotta pay for that damn facepalm button. . .
    So you can simultaneously like and facepalm the quoted post? K.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Was just a joke...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    31 May Trent Reznor ‏@trent_reznor
    Getting the plan together for @destroyangels. You will hear new music later this year. Stay tuned.

Three months down, four to go. I'm guessing if we don't get any specific info or any teasers/promo material this month then this isn't coming out this year.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    don't forget there is still a possibility that this month is reserved for the fragile reissue

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    don't forget there is still a possibility that this month is reserved for the fragile reissue
    Somehow I don't think that will just be dropped on our heads with no mention or promotion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm beginning to wonder if it is actually coming out this year. The whole "new music coming this year" could depressingly be referring to the Black Ops theme.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder if it is actually coming out this year. The whole "new music coming this year" could depressingly be referring to the Black Ops theme.
    Why would he say he's getting the plan together for HTDA in the same post if the new music wasn't referring to them? People on this forum over analyze way too much.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm sure it's due out this year - it may not COME out this year, if there's been issues, but it's due nonetheless

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just get the feeling that things aren't going as smoothly as planned for them. I thought it was gonna be released at the very most a month after Trent tweeted that the album was finished. I've lost count of how many months ago that was now (4 or 5 I think).

For the record though, I'm not particularly over analyzing at all. It may have been referring to HTDA but wording it in such a vague manner leaves it wide open to speculation.

Okay, re-reading that last bit there, I may be slightly over analyzing... WHATEVER I DONT FUCKING CARE JUST GIVE ME THE GODDAMN ALBUM ALREADY

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think one disheartening thing about this all is that by now, we're sick of waiting. A clever marketing scheme or release system will be totally lost on much of the hardcore fanbase, because we've had one too many "soons".

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    From what we've been hearing, it sounds like people involved (MQ at least) are sick of the waiting too. I just hope they're making good use of the time to perform any tweaks on the music that occur to them.
    The thing with the marketing though, they already have a reasonably captive audience with the NIN hardcore - whatever they're cooking up needs to draw in the uninitiated.