Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's super dark and aggressive but also super sexy, and the chorus has this "breath of fresh air" feeling to it when the effects come off Q's vocals...it's just SO GOOD.
    Oh. Shit. Listening to it again right now and...
    It's been far too long since i've listened to this record, and i didn't listen to it enough times!
    All i really had in my head was the "breath of fresh air part."
    Yes, it's a great track and a great album. I love the way it sounds on a good car stereo, with sounds both assaulting and caressing you from all angles.

I may be in the minority here, but i loved Keep it Together and the second EP in general.
    For me, though, their strongest work is on the first EP. Again, however, i need to bump the LP again and more often.
    At any rate, they have a GREAT set. I wouldn't mind a few tour dates BEFORE they release another album (i never caught a show.)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What @eversonpoe said!

"IDONTKNOWIFYOUCANHEARMEOVERTHIS!"

It kind of reminds me of the desperation in We're In This Together.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The NIN/HTDA store needs a serious update. I've been upgrading as much of my music to lossless sources as possible, so I went to buy An Omen through the site (since it said it was available in either Apple Lossless or FLAC format). Paid my money, followed the link to download it, and come to find out that there's no way to download anything but the MP3 version, which I already own. Thankfully it was only five bucks, but I'm still really annoyed about that. There also appears to be no way to contact them about it either, which I find incredibly frustrating. I guess a strongly worded tweet will have to do!

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Having just celebrated the 3rd anniversary of the HtDA Chicago show but ALSO having been on the road the whole time since, I have almost NO IDEA what's up with the project.

Did it ever get a physical DVD/BD release?

Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    so all the htda shirts are on clearance on nin.com

...hmmm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was on the official page and links aren't working. Is HTDA dead?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I love this HTDA "Last person on Earth" (name from store.nin.com) picture, I bought that t-shirt, I set it as background image in my Facebook profile (I returned recently after many years to stalk future wives), and I also have it set on cumputers as background and lock screen. So when coworker passes by I sometimes point at it saying "This is me, this is how I feel", and we both laugh. But I know better, in my heart, I know better. And we told ourselves it didn't... wait, that's another story. :-)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/QiIxa6EK...=destroyangels

PS: Looking for this picture, it's funny (?) to see google result "How to destroy angels. On tour now." :-) :-(

Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    So this is funny. I never saw the final scene of the How Long video because i am button happy and have always turned it off too fast.

I saw it the other day and was like HOLY shit. Those last few seconds change the possible interpretations DRASTICALly.

We wound up, those of us who live here, having a spirited discussion about it, the sort of discussion you would find in a college ethics course, re the protagonist's justification or lack thereof .

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The Last Person on Earth and Black Mirror shirts are great. I still wear both of them all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The intro to parasite reminds me of the intro to Social Deception by Skinny Puppy.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm still kind of bummed that they never played "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" on their tour. I feel like it would have fit in really well right before they played "A Drowning".

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It's, uh, kinda interesting that the deadmau5 mix of Ice Age is the top song on How To Destroy Angels' Google Play Music page. I'd actually be kind of insulting if I were an artist and that were the case. What is the top song on their Spotify page?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    It's, uh, kinda interesting that the deadmau5 mix of Ice Age is the top song on How To Destroy Angels' Google Play Music page. I'd actually be kind of insulting if I were an artist and that were the case. What is the top song on their Spotify page?
    First track on the new album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    HTDA is too gray, gloomy and ominous for me to listen to. #random

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Welcome Oblivion still seems like a weird and extremely depressed, post-apocalypse offshoot of Year Zero to me

Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Welcome Oblivion still seems like a weird and extremely depressed, post-apocalypse offshoot of Year Zero to me
    Yup.
    I think it IS that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Welcome Oblivion is not meant to be listened to with a clear mind.

We Fade Away brings people closer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Is Rob still a part of this do you think?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    The Space In Between. Deadmau5 remix is the 2nd most listened to track after that one though...

Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Is Rob still a part of this do you think?
    If HTDA is even still a thing, then I think Rob's left it. I reckon, from recent interviews, that he's cut all ties with his former life for a while. Good luck to him.