Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 710

Thread: Random HTDA thoughts

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    Posts
    559
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    I did, and a few other ETSers.

    My question got answered but in the context of another answer, so I don't get credit on the wiki. #firstworldproblems
    Yeah, Rob answered my second question in another post. I got lucky and submitted my question about a minute after they posted.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    406
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Oh man, it's the TGWTDT treasure hunt all over again... without the crazy hidden messages

    https://twitter.com/destroyangels/st...68708502974464

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Niskayuna, New York
    Posts
    462
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My skin began to crawl as I read the AMA question that mentioned their kids. . . Can't people just enjoy their music, and not try to pry into their personal lives?!?

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Yay! My super suck up question got answered! Couldn't help letting my "OMFG HTDA" side out there. Also read the possibility of more videos somewhere in there which is just the bees knees if you ask me

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Love Trent's reply to that passive aggressive dickhead at the end of the page. Made me laugh so hard, I'm so glad he answered it.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Debrecen, Hungary
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Would have been easier using your selection, but haven't noticed it before.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/ninhu...51361139838867

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    707
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Damn. Somebody should have asked Atticus about the unreleased 12 Rounds album...

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    at the heart of it all
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR
    I doubt there will be a physical release but we’ll continue to put songs up (slowly, as you may have noticed)
    http://www.ninwiki.com/Htda_Questions#12_Rounds

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,801
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    So, now that an extra $500 has fallen into my lap, it's taking every single ounce of self-control I have to resist buying tickets to the Denver, CO show. It's the closest one, and the tickets aren't that pricey, but it's on a Sunday, and I'd likely have to miss class that next day. Maybe I'd get by, hard to tell. But uuugh. I have to mull this one over, fast. I might just hold out for NIN tickets and try for pre-sales, because I have a feeling that tickets for HTDA are gonna be all sold out by the time I decide (surprisingly, there are still a handful of tickets left).

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    every time I hear Too Late, All Gone, I can't help but expect them to say "Shotgun... Now tell me where my niggas at"

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smithtown, New York
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

    Re: Random HTDA thoughts

    Speaking of too late, all gone, does trent's "Ooooooh" right before the first chorus remind anyone else of tv on the radio?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    396
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I want HTDA to cover this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNvUS-6PTbs

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,444
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Man, those two extra tracks. Wow. "Unintended consequences" gave me more chills than most of the Dragon Tattoo OST. That multiplied voice effect at the end was also used in a Ghosts track I believe, it sounds so funny!

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,444
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    HTDA recorded the first EP in 48kHz because they were "subscribing to the belief that it actually sounds better than 96kHz". But, ever since, TSN, Tattoo and WO have all been released in 96kHz. Huh.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,842
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    HTDA recorded the first EP in 48kHz because they were "subscribing to the belief that it actually sounds better than 96kHz". But, ever since, TSN, Tattoo and WO have all been released in 96kHz. Huh.
    Maybe someone showed them otherwise?

  16. #406
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,984
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    HTDA recorded the first EP in 48kHz because they were "subscribing to the belief that it actually sounds better than 96kHz". But, ever since, TSN, Tattoo and WO have all been released in 96kHz. Huh.
    The original quote was "We recorded this at 24bit 48k because we're currently subscribing to the belief that it actually sounds better than 96k." Maybe it sounded good for the initial EP, but after doing the soundtracks (which have to be in the highest quality possible considering the film is going to play in multiplexes around the world), they decided it was better to record the other way.

  17. #407
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,444
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The original quote was "We recorded this at 24bit 48k because we're currently subscribing to the belief that it actually sounds better than 96k." Maybe it sounded good for the initial EP, but after doing the soundtracks (which have to be in the highest quality possible considering the film is going to play in multiplexes around the world), they decided it was better to record the other way.
    Probably. Sound in movies is usually recorded and mixed in 48k, but I see your point. After all, those prepared piano sounds in Tattoo needed the highest recording quality possible.

  18. #408
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Just gonna say it -- the CD sequence of Welcome Oblivion is vastly superior to the vinyl sequence. That said, I immensely enjoy the vinyl additions, and I also enjoy throwing Speaking in Tongues in at the appropriate spot as well. Time to make some sort of correct sequence, if someone hasn't beaten me to it.

  19. #409
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,444
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Where do you place Speaking of Tongues? Do you also place The Sleep of Reason... somewhere?

  20. #410
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Where do you place Speaking of Tongues? Do you also place The Sleep of Reason... somewhere?
    Speaking in Tongues segues PERFECTLY after Unintended Consequences -- it's totally bizarre that it wasn't included because it really fits perfectly.

    The Sleep of Reason I don't much care for and don't really see a logical place for it anyway... so yeah

  21. #411
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,115
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Something I realized today was that while HTDA has been pushing digital downloads as the definitive method of obtaining their music, vinyl is actually the only format in which every song they've made has been officially released, thanks to the bonus tracks for the vinyl edition of Welcome oblivion.

  22. #412
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    but the bonus tracks on the white label CD?

  23. #413
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    canaderp
    Posts
    1,397
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The original quote was "We recorded this at 24bit 48k because we're currently subscribing to the belief that it actually sounds better than 96k." Maybe it sounded good for the initial EP, but after doing the soundtracks (which have to be in the highest quality possible considering the film is going to play in multiplexes around the world), they decided it was better to record the other way.
    except they didn't record any of the soundtracks or Welcome Oblivion at 96k. they still record at 48k. it gets mastered at 96k, and we get the 96k mastered files.

    also, even if any given soundtrack is recorded at 96k, it still gets played at 48k in every movie theater everywhere.

  24. #414
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,115
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    but the bonus tracks on the white label CD?
    Still excludes the two tracks exclusive to An omen.

    Like, I mean one medium universally. Digital doesn't have the WO bonus tracks, An omen wasn't released on CD. It's a dumb nitpick.

  25. #415
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    someone help me out -- after An Omen came out, Trent made some statement about how the ending of one of the songs illustrated the genius of Alan Moulder or something similar. I can't find it and its driving me crazy... anyone?

  26. #416
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    someone help me out -- after An Omen came out, Trent made some statement about how the ending of one of the songs illustrated the genius of Alan Moulder or something similar. I can't find it and its driving me crazy... anyone?

    On the wing

  27. #417
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,253
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm really arbitrarily excited by the frequency of the Octatrack in the rehearsal pictures/vines/whatever. I'm very curious to see how they use it.

  28. #418
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mariqueen is a damn good dancer.

  29. #419
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    733
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    these performances have worked on me. I just wasn't that into HTDA_ originally but the footage from coachella and pomona have really got in my head and now I LOVE IT! The production aspect is so... immersive. Way to go, Rob.

    Also, Mariqueen's voice is amazing. She's really fantastic as a singer. I love Trent and NIN and his voice but her vocals polarize his.

  30. #420
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,115
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I think BBB and WO were the two biggest surprises for me performance-wise. BBB blew the studio version away (even with the idiotic lyrics) and Mariqueen completely killed it on WO. Amazing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions