Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    @Findus - i love every single one of those songs. that's my kind of EBM

love these, too:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd resurrect this one somewhat.

I'd like to raise awareness surrounding the current activities of Psyclon Nine - their non delivery of Kickstarter perks and Bandcamp merch/CD orders.

Here's the Kickstarter completed: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...o-tour-product

And here's a Facebook group for those of us who are pissed off at the band: https://www.facebook.com/groups/800038746688383/

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Bad news everyone.....

The North American and Canadian behemoth of Industrial/EBM live music Kinetik Festival has been cancelled this year and probably altogether if I'm reading the announcement correctly, the community just suffered a massive blow.

Here's the official statement:

Hi Everyone,

There has been a complicated and unplanned situation involving Kinetik Production that as of this week has become insurmountable. Unfortunately because of the confidential nature of the case, it’s impossible to go into details, but you need to know that we are now facing issues that have a major effect on the continuation of the Kinetik Festival. After consulting council and looking at all possible options, we sadly have to close down Kinetik Productions and put an end to the Kinetik Festival.

For everyone that knows me more personally, you know that the Kinetik Festival has been my ‘’life’’ for more than 8 years and it is with no small consideration or regret that I put an end to this project. But with the threat of the ongoing issue, it was now more than possible that the 7.0 couldn't happen next May. We are aware of the effect this could have on people traveling to the festival and on all the fans that will not be able to see the bands that were booked for Kinetik 7.0, but we want to ensure that we are capable of issuing refunds on all the online tickets purchases, so our only option was canceling Kinetik now. We are not a ''big'' productions company like in mainstream music; being a non profit company, the one and only event that we produce is the Kinetik Festival, and tickets sales have always been the only source of income. We hope you will understand that this was the best and only way to get out of this terrible situation, while still being able to refund everyone in the shortest period possible.

This ongoing situation has nothing to do with the Toronto venue and or with the Kinetik Festival partners that have shown nothing but full support for the festival. We are also presently working with some partners in Toronto so some of the shows (the ones that were part of tours) still happen and that Toronto fans still have a chance to see those excellent bands. We will post more about this as soon we have more information about it.

Refunds will start today, going backward month by month, since paypal offers full refunds on the newest transactions. When we are at the transactions not covered by the paypal full refund, we will contact you so you can confirm that we can issue refunds on the original transaction via your original transaction record. We will post updates here on the Facebook page to inform you where we are up to with the refunds. Be sure to look in your inbox for an email from ''sales@festival-kinetik.net'' to be sure to receive your refund.

Once again, this is really not our hope for how the 7.0 edition would turn out, and we hope that you will understand that this action is a last recourse after considering many options.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Speaking of Kickstarters and Kinetik, Surgyn have one to get them over to the US. I'm just posting since they're only $750 off their target. Their upcoming album just might happen to be the strongest industrial album I've heard in years. MIGHT.....

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/s...h-america-2014

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

Bad news everyone.....

The North American and Canadian behemoth of Industrial/EBM live music Kinetik Festival has been cancelled this year and probably altogether if I'm reading the announcement correctly, the community just suffered a massive blow.
    Damn, that sucks! I've always wanted to go to one of these festivals, but never had the chance them being all the way out east, they just haven't been feasible for me to attend. I think I came close in either 2011 or 2012 (forget which lineup I liked better), but it didn't work out. I always swore i'd get around to the fest one day when the timing was right. Guess I won't be now, that sucks! Canada needs more events like this, not less. We barely get these kind of bands touring here as it is.

There's still the... what's it called in Calgary? Terminal something going on (forget the name... terminal refuled or ignition or something), that just started last year. They're currently on their 2nd year. That looks like a killer festival, and once again the timing just isn't right for me to hit the festival. i came VERY close last year as I wanted to see Imperative Reaction and Panic Lift really bad, but just couldn't get the time off together. I find the lineup, asside from Covenant, to be rather on the weak side, and since I just jaw Covenant a couples years ago in NYC, I figure i'd pass on this one. Least Calgary is closer to me than Montreal or Toronto, so that's an industrial festival that would be easier for me to make it to one of these days.

Hopefully they have a good success with their second year and they will be around for years to come.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Terminus has actually made it to year 3.

The lineup is at their website if anyone's curious.

http://www.terminus-festival.com/

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Since this guy hasn't released a new album in years, probably not worth starting a separate thread, but I liked what I heard of Adversary, particularly "Number Nine" from "Bone Music" (free)

http://adversary.bandcamp.com/album/bone-music

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    with a nod to COIL, Love's Secret Domain is worth checking as well for some indie on top:
    https://soundcloud.com/loves-secret-domain/ready

then again COIL to begin with LOL

btw was disturbed to find cyber gothic being termed EBM by now. Although unrelated to above I just wanna state that I dont know what cyber goth really may be, but EBM??? Although Pong is cool....

So when Covenant started playing at cyber goth festivals I was a slightly bit disturbed.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I think a lot of you might like this, so i'm just going to leave this here...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B30...d3M/view?pli=1

http://drowningsusan.bandcamp.com/album/elements-one

Elements is the latest release from San Diego industrial/electronic act Drowning Susan.

Consisting of 3 albums, 113 tracks and 7.3 hrs of music, this massive instrumental collection is based around a recreation of the Periodic Table of Elements.

All 3 albums can be found for free dl and streaming here.

Where is memorable album art? How can cloud based digital archives place music within the artwork, as a vessel? The death of music as a physical medium may have killed creative artwork accompaniment, but only for a time.

Drowning Susan has breathed new life into the idea of album art and its ties to the music. In what may be a first, the band has issued its most recent release as an interactive pdf. “Elements” is a three album/113 song instrumental collection released as a virtual poster and interactive Periodic Table of Elements, literally re-forging the bond between music and album artwork.

The release is intended to be shared widely and provide a launching pad to the web presence it holds across multiple platforms and devices. Digital alchemy allows one to navigate to the 3 full streaming and downloadable albums or use the elemental table as a keyboard, turning your click on individual elements into a stream or download of that track. Exploration uncovers more embedded links that take you to the many roots of the Drowning Susan resources and web presence.

Each instrumental has its own numeric and symbolic representation that is coded for cross reference. These symbols along with the elements matrix provide information regarding each track. For those that feel the need to completely nerd out, a copy of the elements matrix quick reference is included as an Excel file with the album download, along with the cover art and pdf. Classroom style scrawled notation guides movement through the periodic table, revealing features, methods, intentions and process to the listener.

Enjoy this unique music listening experience that brings you forward, embracing a modern version of the complete album experience.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Has anyone mentioned Youth Code in this thread? I found out about them through Josh Eustis who recorded their newest EP, titled A Place to Stand. I'm hardly an expert in the genre, but it's a great collection of songs, and Josh's production sensibilities definitely poke through. Check it out for sure! I'm curious what you guys think.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cold Waves is easily the best industrial/electronic festival in North America these days. It happens at the end of every September in Chicago and is worth checking out. Go to http://coldwaves.net/ for more info.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Youth Code in this thread? I found out about them through Josh Eustis who recorded their newest EP, titled A Place to Stand. I'm hardly an expert in the genre, but it's a great collection of songs, and Josh's production sensibilities definitely poke through. Check it out for sure! I'm curious what you guys think.
    They're actually currently on the road opening for Skinny Puppy and Front Line Assembly on tour. I'll be seeing the show this coming Tuesday here in Vancouver.
    Never heard of the band before, listened to a couple of their songs on YouTube last night. Sounded alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Cold Waves is easily the best industrial/electronic festival in North America these days. It happens at the end of every September in Chicago and is worth checking out. Go to http://coldwaves.net/ for more info.
    Someone's gotta pick up the slack since they cancelled the Kinetik festival that used to run every spring in Montreal, until they thought it was a good idea to try and move it to Toronto this year and the festival just fell under.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I just got really excited to discover that SPK released a cassette through Fresh Sounds Records, a local underground label from the 80's that also pressed recordings by William S. Burroughs and several punk groups from the Midwest.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    I thought the new EP was great. I thought their self titled album was alright at best, but A Place To Stand I think is a fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    They're actually currently on the road opening for Skinny Puppy and Front Line Assembly on tour. I'll be seeing the show this coming Tuesday here in Vancouver.
    Never heard of the band before, listened to a couple of their songs on YouTube last night. Sounded alright.
    I saw them in St.Louis last Monday and they killed it. I thought they were great, I just wish they had a longer set (on stage for about 20 minutes).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just discovered these two. I know... they've been around since before NIN.

I read somewhere that Trent was a fan of Skinny Puppy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Found this pretty cool full recording of a Pigface show from 1991 tour. I was hoping TR will pop up on Suck since it's a Cleveland show and NIN wasn't on tour that month, but no. Suck was sung by Nivek Ogre and some other dude I don't know

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The new Cyberaktif album is great!

eNdgame (Bandcamp link)