Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Saying it's better than the last two albums isn't really calling it an accomplishment. Yeah, it's a little bit better IMO, but not much. Has some pretty cool songs there, but most just come off like filler. A lot of forgettable ones. No Reflection isn't going to grow on me at all. It's just that bland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Saying it's better than the last two albums isn't really calling it an accomplishment. Yeah, it's a little bit better IMO, but not much. Has some pretty cool songs there, but most just come off like filler. A lot of forgettable ones. No Reflection isn't going to grow on me at all. It's just that bland.
    i call it an accomplishment because i didn't think him or the band would ever produce anything i could really say i loved as a whole. the past 3 (GAOG, EMDM, THEOL) all have a few tracks here and there, but eventually i got sick of listening to any of them and they never get a spin. i listened to all of MA a few weeks ago, though. this album brings back a lot of nostalgic feelings because of a lot of the sounds thrown in. i thought his career as a musician was over but this album clearly shows he's still got some semblance of the MM of old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey if any ETS member in Phoenix, AZ area has found a store selling the CD a bit early if they would let me know I would really appreciate it. I really don't want to download the leak. I'm a bit old fashioned for a 23 year old I like to purchase the album on or before release day (when record labels in the internet age release the album in other countries before others, makes NO sense to me).

Thanks, PM me if you don't want to get the store in hot water, so to speak.