Quote Originally Posted by Gloris View Post
alot of people say that EMDM was a bad album...personally I loved it. Was a bit of a new direction, and there were some songs on there that were simple, yet struck a chord with me. Maybe it was just a case of me reading into the lyrics wrongly, but for anyone who's ever been in a difficult relationship, some of the word play on this album really hits home...
I think it's a completely whiney, and emo album. Yeah, it's about heartbreak. But, it's really hypocritical when all of the facts were put way out in the open for everyone to see. He fucked up, and decides to whine and play victim when it's completely the other way around. If it were the other way around, I may see the album a little differently, but it's not. But musically, i'm not really that much into it either. I was a fan of Skold's previously, and I was pleased to see him play solos, and show that's he's actually a better guitarist than he let on. But, unfortunately, the music was crappy and generic, and solos got old real fast. Skold could've done so much better on that album, musically.