Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
He seems fired up and really seems to have a handle on things again. From what I have heard of it, I am liking the new music.
People think that every time he's put out an album since 2000. I see the same things pop up on every single message board, saying that this time he'll put something good out, this time he's full of energy and the album's going to be great. I think people just need to accept that the Marilyn Manson from the late 90's is dead and that this is a totally different entity. His music will never reach the levels it did in the 90's and honestly, I'm beginning to realize that most of the quality in the band came from the other members or outside sources - not Marilyn Manson himself.

I would appreciate Marilyn Manson a lot more if he would hang up his act and mature as an artist like Trent Reznor did, instead of acting like a petulant child all the time. It's pathetic to see a 40+ year old man acting like he does. I expect his new album to be superior to his last one, but only because I find it hard to imagine that he could drunkenly slur out something even worse.

As always, I remain ever hopeful that Marilyn Manson's cognitive abilities will return and he will seek to make friendlies with all the talented people that he's alienated over time, and then maybe we'll have the band back together and we could have a good album again, maybe he'll quit the drugs that are so clearly fucking him up and he'll quit pouring that absinthe shit down his throat 24/7. But that's all a pipe-dream, really, and it'll never happen. It's a depressing realization for the longtime Marilyn Manson fan, to understand that Marilyn Manson as a band is dead, but it's something that we all have to come to understand.

When you quit thinking of the modern Marilyn Manson as the same entity as the old Marilyn Manson, then you don't expect anywhere near as much out of them and you're not quite as disappointed when his new albums inevitably shamble out of his drug/absinthe-destroyed mind, burst into your home and then shit and piss all over the place, and then turn to you with a smug smile and asking, "Have I shocked you yet?"