Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^ Meanest post of the week

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I find it interesting how all the articles I search for about this Lady and him being engaged are all dated for mid April... yet we are only hearing about it now?
    I remember mad googling Manson the few weeks before Born Villain was set to drop, and I never once ran into one of these articles... hmm....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    ^ Meanest post of the week
    It's in his character, he's been doing the shit since 2009 on the Old ETS.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I find it interesting how all the articles I search for about this Lady and him being engaged are all dated for mid April... yet we are only hearing about it now?
    I remember mad googling Manson the few weeks before Born Villain was set to drop, and I never once ran into one of these articles... hmm....
    I knew about it in April. It just never made to a discussion point in this thread, as mostly every post from March to May was about how Manson sucks, how Beatles are God, where's leak?! and 'damn he's returning to form'.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I lived through Columbine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh no.

Ten!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Oh no.

Ten!
    Oh shit! The last season of Californication sucked, except for that British chick who has a fantastic body. I wanna hit that!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I painted this sometime in 2009, I tried to replicate it the best I could to his, even with watercolor techniques. Would love feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is really good, I like it more than the original. I was going back and forth comparing and I like the way in yours how his right eye faces more forward. Seems to have more impact that way.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Her name is Seraphim? hah

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Saw them in Brixton last night, very good actually - bit too good... are tapes involved? his voiced sounded really decent. I know the pressure was really on him to deliver, the last few UK gigs got bad reviews and a recent metal hammer basically declared this show as make or break time for his London credibility

If I'm honest I was geared up for a letdown, but he did deliver - a fairly straightforward set, but he had a lot of energy and didn't seem knackered or drunk. I couldn't understand any of his patter in between songs though. highlight of the show was probably Antichrist Superstar. The show is very stripped down, but it seems like they've sat down and decided to work with it - whereas there was something a bit rough around the edges about the 2009 show. It felt like perhaps they hadn't quite got used to playing academy sized venues again without all the props and stuff. But not so now, the stage set up and limited props are nicely understated.

So yeah, possible pretaped shenanigans here and there, but overall probably the best show of his I've seen in 5+ years. Far too short & not enough surprises though

and unrelated to the show itself... why so many nutters turn out for his gigs? I had to drag some girl out of the pit during rock is dead who was tripping balls... like one pupil shut and one massively open. She was totally incapable, would definitely had come a cropper had I not sorted it out. I mean what kind of nutter
    a) being an experienced acid user, drops whilst in the pit at a manson show
    b) being an inexperienced acid user, drops whilst in the pit at a manson show

it's like either way, you're a nutter. So I had to drag her arse out and hand her over to security, missed rock is dead but got back to the front in time for personal jesus, whoopee shit

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Awesome! Good to hear he's still seemingly giving it a good effort. If it keeps up at that pace, I'd strongly consider checking out a show when/if he rolls through my neck of the woods. I always thought 'he has to have the props, etc. or it's not worth seeing' but I'm of the opinion now that if he stays on course and clearly shows he's giving all he's got, to hell with it...I just wanna see him rock the hell out again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I mean what kind of nutter
    a) being an experienced acid user, drops whilst in the pit at a manson show
    b) being an inexperienced acid user, drops whilst in the pit at a manson show
    The first time I ever tripped was in the pit at a Manson show (Hammerstein Ballroom, November 1998). I was nervous as hell going into the venue, but it turned out to be an amazing experience.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    You are made of a different, possibly tougher substance than I am... I will not do acid in an urban or crowded environment, full stop. I enjoy it immensely but it would overwhelm me in such a setting.

I still think it's a bit annoying to drop acid at a show, on your own. I mean if you buckle, what's the safety net? Just assuming poor mugs like me will miss a bit of a show to bail them out... cheers. Maybe that's why she was on her own, mates got fed up babysitting years ago. I'm too soft I suppose

Maybe she got spiked, I dunno. Stranger things happen at sea.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There were a few reports on PM of people getting spiked. Very possible.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    rock shows = best people in the world, surrounded by the worst

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Coma White (full) has replaced Tourniquet in the setlist.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson will be playing a music festival with Rob Zombie in Phoenix, Arizona called "desert uprising" on September 28th.

http://98kupd.com/desertuprising

The Official Rob Zombie website writes this about the show:

"The two day event is the first show to be announced for a late 2012 Rob Zombie tour and more dates will be announced next Friday."

This was posted on July 9th, so i'm guessing "next friday" could mean this coming Friday, July 13th. If not defiantly have them by Friday the 20th

I guess it's safe to assume that the Rumors back in the spring about Manson and Rob Zombie co-headlining a tour are probably true now.
    Looking forward to this, this has the potential to be one hell of a show. Hope they come to Vancouver!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    The Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson tour has been officially confirmed. The trek will be dubbed the “Twins Of Evil Tour” and will feature opening sets from Korn vocalist Jonathan Davis under his J Devil moniker. Fittingly, the full dates for the trek are due to be announced this coming Friday, July 13th

Source.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    July 13th is my Birthday. What a nice present! Hopefully there's a Vancouver show. But i'm prepared to drop a few bills to fly wherever I need for the closest show. A show of this magnitude should NOT be missed!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson Twins of Evil 2012 Tour Dates:
    9/28 Phoenix, AZ — Ashley Furniture Home Store Pavilion
    9/29 Las Vegas, NV — Luxor Lot or Red Rocks
    10/1 Salt Lake City, UT — USANA Amphitheatre
    10/2 Denver, CO — 1st Bank Center
    10/4 Topeka, KS — Topeka Expo Center
    10/8 Lincoln, NE — Pershing Auditorium
    10/9 Mankato, MN — Verizon Wireless Center
    10/11 Chicago, IL — Allstate Arena
    10/12 Detroit, MI — DTE Energy Music Theatre
    10/13 Bloomington, IL — US Cellular Coliseum
    10/15 Youngstown, OH — Covelli Center
    10/16 Rochester, NY — Armory
    10/17 New York, NY – Hammerstein Ballroom
    10/19 Camden, NJ — Susquehanna Bank Center
    10/20 Uncasville, CT — Mohegan Sun Arena
    10/21 Manchester, NH — Verizon Wireless Arena
    10/23 Boston, MA — Agganis Arena
    10/25 Atlanta, GA — Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood
    10/30 Houston, TX — Reliant Arena
    10/31 Dallas, TX — Verizon Wireless Theatre

11/26 London, UK
    11/27 Manchester, UK
    11/28 Glasgow, UK
    11/29 Birmingham, UK
    12/1 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
    12/2 Bochum, Germany
    12/3 Amsterdam, Holland
    12/5 Stockholm, Sweden
    12/6 Copenhagen, Denmark
    12/8 Vienna, Austria
    12/9 Munich, Germany
    12/11 Basel, Switzerland
    12/12 Bologna, Italy

Source.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Damn, it's not coming to my town.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    hmm... No Vancouver, Seattle or anything in Canada for that matter. Guess i'm going to Vegas! It's the only weekend show that's feasible for me to get to.
    Like i said earlier, this is a tour I don't mind dropping a few bills to see. Also, thank god it's the 2nd stop on the tour. Rather see Manson when he is "refreshed" rather then tired from touring, we all know how he gets. ALso, taking a show closer to the start means less of a chance of this getting Cancelled. Seriously, with Ginger Fish and John 5 now in Rob Zombie, talk about akward! Some shit's gonna go down between the members, I can see it now.

However, if they have all made up by now, I look forward to the result... can we say John 5 cameo with Manson? Wow!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Nice, im close to lincoln and mankato. Might go just to tape... anybody else?

Oh man, i forgot about Fish and 5 being in Zombies band now, i gotta see this shit for sure

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Plus twenty nerd points if youve seen the movie twins of evil

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't think things will be awkward. Manson's in a better place now, I think that kind of petty stuff is behind him.

The chance to see all these musicians is very hard to pass up. I'm gonna see what it'll cost me to travel over. They should do an Australian leg IMO. So jealous.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    According to all parties who have commented on it, there are no hard feelings between any of them.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Another show with no Florida date, I have to move the fuck out of this shit state.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It'd be a shame for Zombie to outshine them. Let's hope Mazza doesn't screw this one up.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If Rob Zombie has his stage show, then yes he will outshine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Nice, im close to lincoln and mankato. Might go just to tape... anybody else?

Oh man, i forgot about Fish and 5 being in Zombies band now, i gotta see this shit for sure
    I was thinking Mankato, Lincoln or Denver.