Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Another show with no Florida date, I have to move the fuck out of this shit state.
    Really? That's shocking to me, you guys have summer all year round! That must be heaven! Though, i've heard a few people living there saying they wanted to get the hell out, what is so bad about Flordia?

Also, there still might be hope for you. There are 5 days between Atlanta and Houston, TX. A Flordia show could pop up, but It's more than likley going to be a new orleans one I bet.

10/25 Atlanta, GA — Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood
    10/30 Houston, TX — Reliant Arena

Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    It'd be a shame for Zombie to outshine them. Let's hope Mazza doesn't screw this one up.
    Well, if this snippet taken from that article from the link that Harry Seaward posted above is any indication on what Zombie has in store, I'd say consider Manson outshined to the MAX!

"Zombie is heading into the studio to work on his next album, but in the meantime is set to release the remix disc ‘Mondo Sex Head’ on Aug. 7. He will be joined on the Twins of Evil tour by his stellar band comprised of guitarist John 5, bassist Piggy D and drummer Ginger Fish. Zombie promises an elaborate stage setup complete with “hair-raising theatrics, animatronic robots, oversized LED screens, a non-stop collage of psychotronic monster film clips, a spectacular light show, a gigantic robot with flames shooting out of its body, pyrotechnics, insane guitar riffs and vicious beats.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-13-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Really? That's shocking to me, you guys have summer all year round! That must be heaven! Though, i've heard a few people living there saying they wanted to get the hell out, what is so bad about Flordia?

Also, there still might be hope for you. There are 5 days between Atlanta and Houston, TX. A Flordia show could pop up, but It's more than likley going to be a new orleans one I bet.

10/25 Atlanta, GA — Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood
    10/30 Houston, TX — Reliant Arena

Well, Specifically south FL, we get shit when it comes to shows, yes its summer all year round and such, but that does not make up for all the missed opportunities that fans miss out on. We get like 2 out of every 10 awesome tours. I was even shocked when Rammstein made a stop here. We get some pretty decent small metal shows, which I don't mind, but even that isn't a common thing.

Still I don't understand why Manson doesn't play the bands home town.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    A show in goddman Munich? Are you kidding me? This is the first time I'll get to finally see Rob again since he opened up for Monster Magnet what seems like aeons ago!

I hope he brings his full show to town!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Seriously considering that London date. Hope they play somewhere with reserved seating.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Seriously considering that London date. Hope they play somewhere with reserved seating.
    Naahhh! A Zombie/Manson double bill show should be experienced right on the floor in the midst of all the CHAOS!!!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Same reason Manson hasn't touched my state since 1999 (I'm not counting his 2003 OzzFest stint here in 2003 either).

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    A show in goddman Munich? Are you kidding me? This is the first time I'll get to finally see Rob again since he opened up for Monster Magnet what seems like aeons ago!

I hope he brings his full show to town!
    I wonder which venue they will chose. If Rob Zombie wants to have his full stage show it has to be Olympiahallte, but I guess it will be Zenith once again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Zombies stage show is awesome, but he has done it for years now. It's gonna be the same as always. Nothing wrong with that, but it's the opposite to Manson's era-oriented style.

Lately he seems more focused on the music which is good and is working because his live voice and performance are 10 times what they've been for the last 8 or 9 years. He kinda hinted in that interview that the stage show isn't what it will be but he doesn't want it to be too much where it becomes rehearsed.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by decadent View Post
    I wonder which venue they will chose. If Rob Zombie wants to have his full stage show it has to be Olympiahallte, but I guess it will be Zenith once again.
    Probably, but I'm actually fine with that. There's simply nothing else of that size around here and if the crew (especially the sound guy) is putting some effort into it the Zenith is a good venue. Circus Krone would be amazing albeit a tad too small for the audience, but the stage is big enough to hold a bigger production like Zombie's.

Anyone know when tickets are up for sale? July 30th I heard...

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    So here we go!
    Just ordered my ticket for the Munich show and as it turned out it is of course in the Zenith. Anyway, can't wait for Zombie and to a lesser extent Manson, but from what I could gather around here he seems to be in better shape than in 2009 and 2007 and personally I thought that his shows in 2007 weren't THAT bad. So yeah, pretty stoked since I had to pass on Zombie last year in Hamburg eventough the price is quite steep (approx. 50€), but oh well, I have seen less for more money.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I was just about to post that tickets are out Guess the price is OK since last time I paid ~40 for Manson alone.

I`ve seen both in the last couple of years and if Manson doesn`t get his shit together he will be blown away by Zombie.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So no Cali dates or Seattle?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So no Cali dates or Seattle?
    Yeah, no nothing, can you beleive it? Not even a single date in Canada.
    My friend here in Vancouver has convinced me they will be doing another north american leg in the spring after the Europe dates and to wait til then instead of jumping the gun to one of these dates.

He might be right, but on the other hand, if he's not i'm gonna be kicking myself pretty hard. But, when you think about it Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie did the same thing multiple times throughout the year. So, i'm thinking it could be a possibility they come back for another North American round in 2013. Makes me think they'll do soundwave in Australia in Feburary, then Japan and then come back and finish off the west coast and maybe Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, Specifically south FL, we get shit when it comes to shows, yes its summer all year round and such, but that does not make up for all the missed opportunities that fans miss out on. We get like 2 out of every 10 awesome tours. I was even shocked when Rammstein made a stop here. We get some pretty decent small metal shows, which I don't mind, but even that isn't a common thing.

Yep, south Florida sucks.

I'm going to the Atlanta show. It'll be fun making a trip out of it.
    Last edited by sayyosin; 07-18-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I might hit up Vegas or Phoenix.....

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Has anyone picked up Born Villain on vinyl yet? How is the quality?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The difference isn't huge, but the vinyl sounds great. Bass is a little thicker from what I can tell, but I've only listened to it once so far.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who thinks the Born Villain vinyl artwork looks awful? It looks so fucking lazy, they couldn’t make the image fit the cover, or even bother printing anything on the spine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who thinks the Born Villain vinyl artwork looks awful? It looks so fucking lazy, they couldn’t make the image fit the cover, or even bother printing anything on the spine?
    Well the artwork in general is awful

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The artwork for this album irked me the very moment it was revealed. It's so bland, color-by-numbers Manson. Huge downfall. There's not even a booklet with the CD. That's fucking rubbish.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Holy Wood was the last good booklet! But it was very very good. Since then it's just been promo shots and lyrics, or in this case, nothing at all. I suspect the reason is financial

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    TGAOG Booklet wasn't bad. Above average IMO.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    each to his own... I recall it just being lyrics and a few promo shots, the only one of which really stays in my memory is that of MM looking at himself in a mirror. Really a bit of a step down after the HW and MA booklets, which had a lot of nice detail & seemed sort of mysterious

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    TGAOG was done by the awesome Gottfreid Helnwein. Google him, his art is very powerful.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Helnwein was totally underused for the job. Most of his amazing artwork did not make the cut for the album's artwork or the music videos. Too bad, since he's kick ass. I wonder why no one has contacted him ever since to do some work again.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Manson just posted this photo of John 5 and the caption read - ‘Haha. I love Halloween costumes. I stole this from my former employer’s closet - Both eyes will be black.’ My apathy towards Manson has turned to active dislike. I hope for his sake that I never meet him again. His shows at the start of the year were so bad that I went and watched Black Veil Brides instead. His current material is a joke. His backstage crew are a bunch of absolute morons. I feel so bad that RZ & his wonderful band have to tour with these clowns. That’s probably the biggest reason I didn’t want to go see the Twin’s of Evil tour. I didn’t want to spend half of each show watching Manson even if tickets are fucking free. I will always love the music from when Manson surrounded himself with talent but this… This no longer Manson. Imagine a giant roaring huge fire-breathing 60 foot dragon. Now imagine that same dragon, only (inexplicably) overweight in its old age with its wings and three of its limbs hacked off, pathetically hoping around and spitting out miserable wisps of smoke as it pretends to still be a ferocious beast and everyone laughs at it but ignores it instead of finishing it off because its lair has long been plundered of riches and there is no need to go there anymore. Zombie’s live show, on the other hand, is like fine wine — gets better with age. Manson (the person) is now a washed up Hollywood clown with drug problems and ludicrous grudges against those who helped him get where he is (Pogo, Daisy, Trent, Skold, etc.) and who USED to be an amazing performance artist. Seems Manson gets intimidated by real talent or something. What is Manson’s deal picking on John 5 all the damn time? Thing is now, John can say whatever he wants to in response to this, Manson isn’t his boss any more. However, I know John won’t. Good on him. Do you know why? Because he is a PROFESSIONAL, unlike Manson who is a perpetual immature little bitch. My question is is Zombie himself going to stick up for John? I hope so. I’d laugh if Zombie or John (or even Ginger!) beat the living fuck out of Manson at their ToE show, after all he has put them through over the years. C’mon John, don’t stand for this has-been bitching at you!
    Last edited by jezstyle; 08-13-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Artwork for Slo-Mo-Tion. The single will be released next week. http://​marilynmanson.tumblr.com/

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Manson just posted this photo of John 5 and the caption read - ‘Haha. I love Halloween costumes. I stole this from my former employer’s closet - Both eyes will be black.’ My apathy towards Manson has turned to active dislike. I hope for his sake that I never meet him again. His shows at the start of the year were so bad that I went and watched Black Veil Brides instead. His current material is a joke. His backstage crew are a bunch of absolute morons I feel so bad that RZ & his wonderful band have to tour with these clowns. That’s probably the biggest reason I didn’t want to go see the Twin’s of Evil tour. I didn’t want to spend half of each show watching Manson even if tickets are fucking free. I will always love the music from when Manson surrounded himself with talent but this… This no longer Manson. Imagine a giant roaring huge fire-breathing 60 foot dragon. Now imagine that same dragon, only (inexplicably) overweight in its old age with its wings and three of its limbs hacked off, pathetically hoping around and spitting out miserable wisps of smoke as it pretends to still be a ferocious beast and everyone laughs at it but ignores it instead of finishing it off because its lair has long been plundered of riches and there is no need to go there anymore. Zombie’s live show, on the other hand, is like fine wine — gets better with age. Manson (the person) is now a washed up Hollywood clown with drug problems and ludicrous grudges against those who helped him get where he is (Pogo, Daisy, Trent, Skold, etc.) and who USED to be an amazing performance artist. Seems Manson gets intimidated by real talent or something. What is Manson’s deal picking on John 5 all the damn time? Thing is now, John can say whatever he wants to in response to this, Manson isn’t his boss any more. However, I know John won’t. Good on him. Do you know why? Because he is a PROFESSIONAL, unlike Manson who is a perpetual immature little bitch. My question is is Rob Zombie himself going to stick up for John? I hope so. I’d laugh if Zombie or John (or even Ginger!) beat the living fuck out of Manson at their ToE show, after all he has put them through over the years. C’mon John, don’t stand for this has-been bitching at you!
    John5, is that you?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Saw that on reddit but the picture wasn't posted then.