Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Found it.

At about 1:50 he's obviously running out of breath, and at 2:16 uhhhh....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Found it.

2:16 is the backing vocals of the actual album. They always played at live shows, I do believe.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If you are a hater of the ggg DVD. The blu ray is the just the la performance. Plus comes with all the extra content. Worth the upgrade.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gloris View Post
    wasn't the guns god and government taken from loads of different shows? hence why the vocals and video don't always match up 100%?
    Yes and no.

The one linked/that I quoted is the Live in L.A. version, which is from one show and one show only. And even on that version, the lip-syncing is crystal clear. The "world tour" version of the DVD? As laughable as the old Dead to the World VHS tape or And All That Could Have Been as far as "live" videos go.
    Last edited by theimage13; 02-27-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    on the beautiful people, I think the audio is fairly obvious not source material. It could be from a different show, or re recorded in studio like he has done in the past ( example would be the last tour on earth cd.)

what is the argument really? that he lip syncs or that he uses alot of tack vocals?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Manson doesn't lip sync. He has backing vocals for the Yeah Yeahs and some chorus parts which is understandable because he can;t sing multiple things at once.

He sounded amazing at the solo show in Brisbane - it was one of the best shows i've been to, only issue I had was the setlist was too short, he was below par at Soundwave and his performance was also poor. It was like a totally different band played. I jusat don't think he really gave a fuck about his festival performance. I also think he was high as a kite.

And btw, that TBP video is synced with GGG audio, it's of the LA show. That's why it looks like he's lip syncing. Also, that audio is heavily doctored as it was on the DVD
    Last edited by voidnz; 02-27-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    New Interview from Australia

Watching Manson get shocked in this video was 1,000,000 times better then almost anything said in the above interview:

Last edited by ManBurning; 02-28-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    And btw, that TBP video is synced with GGG audio, it's of the LA show. That's why it looks like he's lip syncing. Also, that audio is heavily doctored as it was on the DVD
    The video of The Beautiful People is exactly the way it appears on the commercially available Bluray of the show. Same video, same audio. There's no "oh, some Youtube user synced it to a different soundtrack" argument here. It's very clearly not live vocals that you're listening to. Now, whether the audio was recorded at another gig (not likely) or recorded to match the footage after shooting (much more likely) is debatable all day long. I can tell you from personal experience that this does happen on live recordings, even with some of the most respected musicians in the world. It's usually not the vocals though, and it's usually because of technical issues.

My original intent of pointing this out: the user who posteed it used that video to compare GGG Manson to 2012 Manson in terms of live vocal abilities. Just wanted to point out that the vocals aren't actually live, so he should look for an audience bootleg if he wants to make a fair comparison.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Revolver magazine interview transcription and scans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think he was lip-syncing in that interview

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Found it.

this entire post left me wondering, "what the hell are you going on about?"

Are you a professional as well? Do you have breathing techniques that we should know about to help our singing?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Like 4 or 5 videos posted and that's the one that upset you? lulz.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demo View Post
    this entire post left me wondering, "what the hell are you going on about?"

Are you a professional as well? Do you have breathing techniques that we should know about to help our singing?
    ^ Yeah, not too sure what the problem's supposed to be there, either.

He's either got an effect on his voice a bit too loudly at the beginning or else he's singing OVER a backing track...but he's still VERY CLEARLY singing there, not to mention doing so quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    You think I got upset by your post? Hardly.

I'm not like Hazekiah and Harry Seaward.

I didn't claim any of you suck but all right. No more comments from me, bank on it, dude.
    So, wait...wtf are you saying about me there?

o_O
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 02-28-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    So, wait...wtf are you saying about me there?

o_O
    Nothing, I was joking as they always act hostile towards you and Harry Seaward, usually very unfairly. I felt the same way.

___

Anyways, ETS'ers

New song titles are out that are confirmed via Revolver Magazine:

"Slo-Mo-Tion" (already known)

"Breaking the Same Old Ground"

"Pistol Whipped"

"Born Villain"

"The Gardener"

"Children of Cain"
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-28-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Anyways, ETS'ers

New song titles are out that are confirmed via Revolver Magazine:

"Slo-Mo-Tion" (already known)

"Breaking the Same Old Ground"

"Pistol Whipped"

"Born Villain"

"The Gardener"
    Welcome to 8 hours ago, bro! Scroll up.

I wasted like 2 hours transcribing that interview, someone had better read it!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Welcome to 8 hours ago, bro! Scroll up.

I wasted like 2 hours transcribing that interview, someone had better read it!
    I did, good job.

Doesn't mean everyone else will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I highly prefer the video where I can't see his scrotum. Call me old fashioned.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like 4 or 5 videos posted and that's the one that upset you? lulz.
    Nah, just trying to keep statements as accurate as possible. His "singing" live, by "regular" standards is sub-par, but to say he's doing something that he's not is a different matter. That's all.

NOW.. there are other videos where there definitely is a backing track that is literally playing the album version. I believe one is of Mobscene and the other is of Personal Jesus.. I can't remember the show, but definitely lame and obvious lip synching happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nah, just trying to keep statements as accurate as possible. His "singing" live, by "regular" standards is sub-par, but to say he's doing something that he's not is a different matter. That's all.

NOW.. there are other videos where there definitely is a backing track that is literally playing the album version. I believe one is of Mobscene and the other is of Personal Jesus.. I can't remember the show, but definitely lame and obvious lip synching happening.
    i think it was mObscene that he played for top of the pops once here in the uk....now, that show ALWAYS had backing tracks....for every artist....it's just the way they did the show. So if that's the one you're thinking of, that'll be why...but even then I think he was still singing over the album version, rather than purely lip-syncing if you see what i mean?....what i'm saying is that he's not trying to pull a milli vanilli on us...he did have to sing over the album track because that's what the show does...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Gloris, you're on point. That's the one.

There was a different performance that had one for Personal Jesus as well. It might have been the award show Ginger got injured on, actually lol

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Gloris, you're on point. That's the one.

There was a different performance that had one for Personal Jesus as well. It might have been the award show Ginger got injured on, actually lol
    The shows I recall where an actual fully played studio version performances taking place are Top of the Pops and MadTV.

This will always be my favorite TV show performance:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Man, this takes me back when I was just 13-14 years old when I got that first album. Manson was cool back in his day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just noticed I can buy track 17 - 99 of ACSS for a 105MSP each (on the Zune Market place - I have a Windows Phone).

For comparison that's the same price as each 'real' song on the album.

Personally track 61 was my favorite of the 17-99 range.

re: Born Villain, I really thought we'd have a leak by now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    Just noticed I can buy track 17 - 99 of ACSS for a 105MSP each (on the Zune Market place - I have a Windows Phone).

For comparison that's the same price as each 'real' song on the album.

Personally track 61 was my favorite of the 17-99 range.

re: Born Villain, I really thought we'd have a leak by now...
    I'd give my right arm for the album leak...and that's my main wanking arm!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

That's probably the most liveliest I've seen him in years.

Anway, can't belive the album has been pushed back to May. What a letdown after those mixed reviews...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeh, maybe he should use those electric shockers on stage to boost his performance instead of the oxygen bottles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    here's some discussion on the recent shows from another forum i'm on

Manson was better than he was at Soundwave last night. That guy has some huge die hard fans. He could stand there farting into the mic and people would go crazy.

His singing was mostly good, he did slur through some stuff though and was clearly not sober. He spent a lot of time on the ground, singing directly to the people on the barrier. Could have done without the rambling poetry thing he did.

I really do wonder what he would be like if he came out sober and tried really hard.

Anyway I enjoyed myself so I don't regret going. Coal Chamber killed it. Wednesday 13.... never listened to his stuff but the only decent song was a Murderdolls song. He really is an act which seems to be targeted at 13 yr old girls
    Could have done without the rambling poetry thing he did.

If you're talking about near the end of the set, that's actually the lyrics to 1996. Sometimes he sings the verses a capella and the band joins in on the chorus. It was much more impressive in 2003 than it is on this tour, since he is barely functional.

Was there a stage show or was it the same as Soundwave?
    I didn't see all of the Soundwave set, I only saw the last few songs.

They had a big curtain up at the start, it dropped instantly and there was heaps of smoke. He came out with some helmet thing on that had lasers shooting out of it. In the smoke it looked pretty damn awesome.

That was about it though, he put a hat on at some stage though.... that got tossed like everything else. No screens or anything, just lighting effects.

You are on the money about 1996. The bits the band joined in on were pretty great, but Mansons bits were pretty damn bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A Tale told by an idiot full of Sound and Fury that signifies NOTHING!...perfect

i like this one. antichrist superstar and holywood are the bottom line best but at least after losing rose he finally put some "stuff" into his music! took a while
    Last edited by nimh; 02-29-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wish if they end up playing Wight Spider again, it doesn't sound like this.. </3

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimh View Post
    A Tale told by an idiot full of Sound and Fury that signifies NOTHING!...perfect
    You know that's a quote from Macbeth right?