Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    As would I, TGAOG is a guilty pleasure for sure, but I usually have that on shuffle with Holy Wood stuff as there is some filler on there as well. I'm even more so in agreement about ACSS and MA holding up...spinning through MA for the first time in seriously over a year or two was fantastic. Some tracks lesser than others (I skip past The Dope Show almost always) but stuff like Disassociative and The Last Day on Earth are still great songs.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I actually liked about 70% of Golden Age alot, but some of it was just filler material. I wish more of the 1920s swing/vaudeville themes would have been more previlant on the later tracks. Id just cut it down to almost EPish length...

01 thaeter
    02 new shit
    03 mobscene
    04 doll dagg buzz buzz (i love this song)
    05 use ur fist
    06 golden age
    07 saint
    08 paranoir
    09 obseqeuy
    You left in "This is the New Shit" and "mOBSCENE?" Those are two reasons why I hate that album.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    And the title track too, thats another fav of mine.

I grabbed my vinyl because i wanted to check what the alternate tracklisting actually was...

Marilyn Manson "half"
    01 Great Big While World
    02 Posthuman
    03 The Speed of Pain
    04 The Last Day on Earth
    05 Disassociate
    06 Mechanical Animals
    07 Coma White

Omega and the Mechanical Animals "half"
    01 The Dope Show
    02 Rock Is Dead
    03 I Want To Dissappear
    04 Fundamentally Loathsome
    05 I Dont Like the Drugs
    06 New Model no. 15
    07 User Friendly

IMO the album flows better as two smaller EPs, like this. Anyways, here is my original issue vinyl...

Bought this new in 1998, saved the cello wrap because im obsessive like that. Also while digging that out, that reminded me that the PillBox thats in the CD tray next to the tracklisting, is made by the company that I work for. (so of course i had to have one too, cuz im obessive y0!)

Last edited by SM Rollinger; 03-04-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^interesting.

i think if they had swapped posthuman with fundamentally loathsome it would be gold. but still pretty awesome, ill make a playlist to check it out.

fundamentally loathsome is by far my favorite track on MA.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

I too agree that MA is better off as two mini EPs. I just found an original pressing and talked the seller into letting it go for $30, hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I too agree that MA is better off as two mini EPs. I just found an original pressing and talked the seller into letting it go for $30, hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow
    Daaaaaamn! I just paid $135 for my sealed copy a couple of months ago... great score!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Call me crazy but I've always liked Spooky Kids material a lot better than Manson's solo act. SK were so incredibly different from any other band (keyword here) of that time. The songs were funny, surreal, creepy and ugly sounding. Both of Putesky's remastered releases (LB&CC and vol. #2), Manson Family Album, ACSS demos and the 'ultimate spooky kids collection' torrent are essential, especially for those who are sick of MM's highly produced, pop-core sound of late.

God bless SMP.
    Last edited by jezstyle; 03-04-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

^^^

Ouch! I sealed copy just sold on eBay two days ago for $52, that's how I managed to talk this guy down to $30 for the opened copy

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Wait, there was a second volume to the spooky kids collection? Where can I find this? I only have the first one on cd. With the original artwork.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Right here, courtesy of their mansonwiki page.

192k. Scott put them up online shortly after vol. 1 came out. No idea if he plans an official release for them though.

Got my vol. 1 with original artwork too, mwaha. Not letting go anytime soon.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah, ive got the original also, lol.

Thanks for the link, i havent been able to find the second volume so thats sweet.

edit: damn, too bad that luci in the sky with demons is missing, does anybody have that one? and whats the deal with lunchbox on there? i thought it was supposed to be choklit factory
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 03-04-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    Call me crazy but I've always liked Spooky Kids material a lot better than Manson's solo act. SK were so incredibly different from any other band (keyword here) of that time. The songs were funny, surreal, creepy and ugly sounding. Both of Putesky's remastered releases (LB&CC and vol. #2), Manson Family Album, ACSS demos and the 'ultimate spooky kids collection' torrent are essential, especially for those who are sick of MM's highly produced, pop-core sound of late.

God bless SMP.
    Doesn't the Ultimate Spooky Kids Collection torrent have everything from the remasters already?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Yeah, plus some other tracks. Different cassette sources for different songs etc. (3 versions of My Monkey, 2 or 3 different Dogma variations, etc.)

Not that it really matters but.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got tired of waiting for one and didnt want to spend my money on something else... I waited for a few weeks and just gave in. Pretty much I paid for convenience and not having to wait. I would love to find a 2nd copy someday for a good price like you have been seeing... I have been slacking on watching Manson stuff pretty much since I got my copy of MA, lol.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    just my opinion, but there's no way there's a justification for a thread dedicated to early Marilyn Manson. Come on.

Even if this was a Marilyn Manson board, this thread would be a stretch. But since it isn't, really. Why?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Because for some unknown reason the other thread is BV thread and not just MM?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Because this is an actual band, with vocal arrangements that are ment to work with the music, unlike Mansons current stuff where the music is just there as a backdrop to his antics. Plus Daisy played enough of a role in crafting the music and direction of the group that, that i feel that yes, it does justify its own seperate discussion.

But of course, thats my opinion. (plus the BV thread has devolved considerably, and theirs a ACSS thread anyways.)
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 03-05-2013 at 06:07 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    we really don't need three marilyn manson threads as it is. let's draw the line somewhere, guys.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    agreed that this is extraneous. you may as well make it the "Putesky-Manson thread," since that's the real difference, and even then it doesn't warrant a separate thread. it'll die in a week!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Because for some unknown reason the other thread is BV thread and not just MM?
    Haha, fair point!

It would indeed be off-topic to discuss the Spooky Kids material in the thread for Born Villain.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    MARILYN MANSON
    live in Seattle, WA
    2/13/13

PART ONE

PART TWO

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Ugh....watching those videos clearly shows how washed up Manson is.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Ugh....watching those videos clearly shows how washed up Manson is.
    Didn't you attend that very show though? I could have sworn you wrote earlier in the thread that the show wasn't as bad as it seemed from the videos you saw.
    Then, someone said that there is this weird vibe about being at the show and it doesn't seem as bad when you are actually there, but then you watch videos of the same show and realize how bad it really is. Hmmm... Could it be the videos are not doing this guy any justice, or everyone who goes to the shows are just so wasted they thought it seemed good at the time until they watched videos after?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Just finished the show here in Seattle. Manson wasn't as bad as I was planning on. I enjoyed the show but felt it was pretty short (60min or so)

During the first song Manson shot a huge snot rocket which got caught on his nose and he proceeded to fling it out into the crowd....goss....

Twiggy looked bored the whole night while Fred was really into the set. Who's the new drummer now?

Oh yeah, the opening band sucked...hard.....
    I wasn't familiar with the Butcher Babies before this run and I'm still not too familiar with them since I was generally arriving to the shows too late to catch much or any of their sets...but they certainly do what they do well.

Also, the new drummer is Jason Sutter, Twiggy's actually been pretty animated at the shows this past year, and Fred ALWAYS rocks out as hard as he can. And I know that's a whole lot of Goon Moon right there but what does Chis Goss have to do with anything?

Haha.

Anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed the show!

:P

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I say merge everything into one Manson thread or make a sub-forum.
    The Born Villain thread is about more than Born Villain. Change its name to The Manson Thread: Or, Tales of A Dopey Clown.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This is what he has been reduced to?:

Stephen Bier
    I just had a very life-affirming incident. Some douche in a Chrysler 300 nearly ran me over, by violating my right-of-way, and turning left across my path. Screaming: "I HAVE THE RIGHT-OF-WAY ASSHOLE!", the dude locked-up his brakes and opened his over-priced door; he then got halfway out and said: "Who are you calling an 'ASSHOLE'?" I informed him: "You, ASSHOLE!" He got angry, and retorted with intellect: "You are the asshole." Pretending to call the police, I said: "Let's see who the cops think is the 'asshole', ASSHOLE!" Then I offered him an alternative solution: "Either that, fuckhead, or I will rip your head off and use your skull as my personal toilet!" I ran towards him, ripping-off my hat, and the little bitch bailed. The end.
    It is good to alive.

Like · · 41 minutes ago ·

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

I stopped following him on fb. He is a moron. I have never seen anyone alienate his fans like he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sucks, cause pogo was always my favorite band member, besides twiggy. too bad he turned out to be a douche. did he ever sue over those ACSS demos like he threatened? im not friends with him on facebook, so i dont know the latest.

anyone?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I doubt it, and considering they were released by another person who performed on those recordings, i doubt he could do anything anyways.

But it is a shame he is such a pompous ass though, he was my favorite member of the band too.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    My favorite member was always Zim Zum...
    What the hell ever happened to him?

I know he started another band called "The Pop Culture Suicides" but it never really seemed to take off. He was working on that stuff for like 10 years. Started when myspace was starting up. They released some really solid tracks, like really, really amazing stuff and he kept saying they were gonna release a full length album and then... He just kinda disappeared off the face of the planet.