Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I'm probably in the minority: not a die-hard Manson fanboy, but I like Born Villain. It grows on me with each listen.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Its grown on me some since I first heard it. I don't know if I'd call it a return to form though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Whoa, he looks awful. I've not seen a picture of him in a while, and maybe this is just a really bad picture, but he looks terrible..

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Saw him last night at Heavy MTL. The guy is done. Vocals were terrible. He looked awful. Setlist was decent though.
    Slipknot played after and they made Manson look like a Disney musical.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Bought tickets to see him and Rob Zombie in October. I haven't listened to anything after Golden Age, is it worth it to check out his newer albums for the live show or not even bother?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Skip his albums and hope you catch him on a good night when it comes to the live shows. I really wish I could have seen him during his peak period of 97-00, those shows and the supporting albums look like they rocked, unlike the last few tours. I'd say the last decent show I saw was during the Least We Forget period. I saw him in San Diego back in 2008/2009 (can't remember exactly when) and he was a bloated mess, but still managed to put on a semi-decent show. At least you have Rob Zombie as a co-headliner. I've seen him twice, once with a full area setup, the other was in a small venue in San Diego with a very stripped down stage show, and both times he killed it. I wish RZ would come up to Seattle but chances of that happening look slim

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Saw 'em last night at Heavy MTL. Gotta say he sounded pretty top-notch and put on a great show.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Saw him last night at Heavy MTL. The guy is done. Vocals were terrible. He looked awful. Setlist was decent though.
    Slipknot played after and they made Manson look like a Disney musical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Saw 'em last night at Heavy MTL. Gotta say he sounded pretty top-notch and put on a great show.
    This thread summed up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    This thread summed up.
    As I've said before: it all comes down to personal opinion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Skip his albums and hope you catch him on a good night when it comes to the live shows.
    Cool, I had zero interest in his last few albums just wanted to make sure none of the new songs were a big part of his set these days. It's been years since I've seen him, I've never seen Zombie so if he wasn't on the bill I wouldn't be going just for Manson.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    This thread summed up.
    Isn't it just?

Maybe I should go a little more in-depth since I posted my prior comment yesterday in a quick happy fit of drunk: I think his vox have significantly improved since he performed that embarrassingly under-sold show here at the Metropolis on THEOL tour. This marks the third time I've seen him; the first being on the HW tour.

Now, at no point, even back then, would I have ever said that he's been a mind-blowing live singer. As far as I know he's always taken trips backstage to huff oxygen (and change costumes) between songs. But I can honestly say last night it looked like he was having a lot of fun and really putting a solid effort in, this as opposed to last time when he just sort of wore a trenchcoat and more or less stood in one place for the whole show. He's also definitely lost weight since then.

That said, he takes it easier on the theatrics these days, which is disappointing. Gone, it seems, are the days of crutches, stilts, and rising ten feet above the floor (single best part of the very brief HW show here which he cut short when he broke his hand or some such).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    free download of a Slo-Mo-Tion remix

http://rcrdlbl.com/2012/08/16/premie...phonics_remix_

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Gone, it seems, are the days of crutches, stilts, and rising ten feet above the floor
    Without a forklift. IT WAS TOO EASY. I HAD TO.

Seriously though, like I've said...for me the theatrics were always backseat in terms of importance for his live shows (as weird as that is considering who we're discussing)...it was always kinda integral sure, but I just want someone to give it their all...and for the past few years he hasn't. If he is now, I'm game...but even the clips from shows I've seen from shows where fanboys said 'FUCK THAT, HE WAS AMAZING. TOP FORM.' it seemed that it sounded like shit run over twice. Agreed though that he never was an amazing vocalist, but I always dug the way he sounded personally. The effort is key for me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    free download of a Slo-Mo-Tion remix

http://rcrdlbl.com/2012/08/16/premie...phonics_remix_
    I love remixes, I love Marilyn Manson remixes and I love Slo-mo-tion but that remix is awful. Anyone can change tempos and add in a drum beat in the background. Ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck brostep remixes.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I love remixes, I love Marilyn Manson remixes and I love Slo-mo-tion but that remix is awful. Anyone can change tempos and add in a drum beat in the background. Ugh.
    I was about to agree with this post until I got to 1:27 and the dubstep beats started and my opinion of this track went from a 1 to a 10!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    The NYC stop of the Rob Zombie/Manson show is US $94.85 for GA. Fuck that. $50, OK. $100? Yeah right.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Wow. FUCK that!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    my tickets for the 02 in london cost £45

so ner

(don't get to brag about things in UK being cheap very often)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    That's $70: not cheap and more than I would consider acceptable for a rock concert ticket. I'd rather see a band in a club where you can actually see and hear the band than some overblown bullshit rock theater for a ton of money. But Manson would never expose himself to a club tour...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    That's $70: not cheap and more than I would consider acceptable for a rock concert ticket. I'd rather see a band in a club where you can actually see and hear the band than some overblown bullshit rock theater for a ton of money. But Manson would never expose himself to a club tour...
    Is $70, or even $100, really too much money for a double headliner with Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie? I understand if you're not into them that much, but that seems fair enough to me.

Then again, maybe I've been to too many Maynard James Keenan concerts and I'm jaded by ticket prices...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    $70-$100 for a show that has two co-headlining acts? Might as well say you're paying for two seperate shows with prices that low that seem high.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Considering I paid $150 for Rammstein last May, $100 for 2 main headling acts such as Manson and Zombie together seems like a steal of a deal.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    no, i just think you got ripped off, and/or you (and many others sadly) are just meekly going along with the skyrocketing prices that Live Nation, AEG, Bowery Presents and other promoters throw at us. its not like theyre going up 2 or 3 dollars a year. Bigger shows are going up $10, $15, even $30 every year. It's ridiculous, and when it's has been acts like these, it esp. gets exposed.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    also, is there a 3rd band on the tour? if so, they can say co-headline all they want, unless both bands are playing 80 minutes or more, it ain't a co-headline.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    also, is there a 3rd band on the tour? if so, they can say co-headline all they want, unless both bands are playing 80 minutes or more, it ain't a co-headline.
    Jonathan Davis is doing a DJ set as J-Devil or some nonsense.

And I guess we'll see how long they play once the tour starts.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Considering I paid $150 for Rammstein last May, $100 for 2 main headling acts such as Manson and Zombie together seems like a steal of a deal.
    You're insane. Or you can't have been going to concerts for long and have no perspective.
    And there's no such thing as co-headliners.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    You're insane. Or you can't have been going to concerts for long and have no perspective.
    And there's no such thing as co-headliners.
    Not everything is measured in $$$. The pleasure of seeing your favourite band live (and in Rammsteins case the show is the best you could ever experience) is worth much more than some 150$.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    tickets are about 60$ over here. quite steep but compared to other concerts you get quite alot for your money. Nickelback for example are charging up to 90$. that's ONE band with ONE not so spectacular live show for you.

the price for concert tickets overall is insane tough. prices have easily doubled since the Euro. I remember a time where going to concerts was one of the cheaper ways to spend your free time. oh well...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Zombie I know he'll put on a good show, he's a professional. But both Manson shows I've seen have been disappointing: the first was OK, nothing special (NYC 2004?), the second (Download 2009) was a joke. So there's no guarantee, for me, that Manson will actually be any good for that 1/2 of $100. Plus as far as I know they still don't have a guitarist in the band...

Though their music is garbage, Nickelback are actually a pretty good live band, with an engaging show (if you like that kind of thing, which you probably don't): my point is that Nickelback know how to satisfy their fans, Manson has been failing repeatedly at that for a long time now. I just can't afford to gamble $100 on him right now. I wish I could afford a "not everything is measured in $$$" philosophy, but so far my lottery ticket has not hit the jackpot.