Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^big thanks to you, mate. i'm enjoying the new music quite a bit. i love the sound.
    slo-mo-tion is my fav thus far.
    Last edited by mrvirginia; 04-23-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My thought of the four new songs...
    Pistol Whipped - Nice flowing tempo with a good chorus. The guitars stand out for me with this track. A solid track although the song doesnt really expand as much as I'd like.

Murderers are getting prettier every day - If Pretty as a swasticka reminded you of something out ofm ACSS, then so would this. Probably the heaviest song Manson has done. A speedy tempo song with withered screams throughout. Has a similar pace to 1996, and for some reason I can feel a bit of NIN's Burn in the chorus. This is one to surely satisfy some old Manson fans.

Slo-Mo-Tion - And heres where things start to get a little musically abstract. This track has a big MA feel to it, with a touch of the song Wow to it. The Wow factor will ensure that it's not everyones cup of tea, but I quite like the song. Nicely atmospheric, and the song was kind of built for Manson's sore croaky drunken vocals, though for this reason alone, many will probably be turned off by this song.

The Gardener - My least favorite of the 4 tracks. The music in it is fairly basic and not too interesting. Manson's spoken verses arent as meaningful as I'd like them to be. The chorus isnt bad though as it kinda reminds me of old school rock, I just cant relate it to anything in particular. Hopefully this ones a grower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japan View Post
    My thought of the four new songs...
    Pistol Whipped - Nice flowing tempo with a good chorus. The guitars stand out for me with this track. A solid track although the song doesnt really expand as much as I'd like.

Murderers are getting prettier every day - If Pretty as a swasticka reminded you of something out ofm ACSS, then so would this. Probably the heaviest song Manson has done. A speedy tempo song with withered screams throughout. Has a similar pace to 1996, and for some reason I can feel a bit of NIN's Burn in the chorus. This is one to surely satisfy some old Manson fans.

Slo-Mo-Tion - And heres where things start to get a little musically abstract. This track has a big MA feel to it, with a touch of the song Wow to it. The Wow factor will ensure that it's not everyones cup of tea, but I quite like the song. Nicely atmospheric, and the song was kind of built for Manson's sore croaky drunken vocals, though for this reason alone, many will probably be turned off by this song.

The Gardener - My least favorite of the 4 tracks. The music in it is fairly basic and not too interesting. Manson's spoken verses arent as meaningful as I'd like them to be. The chorus isnt bad though as it kinda reminds me of old school rock, I just cant relate it to anything in particular. Hopefully this ones a grower.
    really, Murderers reminds you of 1996? it reminds me of Astonishing Panorama of the Endtimes. regardless, def heaviest i've heard from him in a while.
    i wasn't a big fan of Wow. i think Slo-Mo-Tion blows it out of the water. The Gardener is also my least fav thus far.
    imo, from most to least liked:
    Slo-Mo-Tion
    Pistol Whipped
    No Reflection
    Murders Are Getting Prettier Every Day
    The Gardener
    Last edited by mrvirginia; 04-23-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvirginia View Post
    really, Murderers reminds you of 1996? it reminds me of Astonishing Panorama of the Endtimes. regardless, def heaviest i've heard from him in a while.
    i wasn't a big fan of Wow. i think Slo-Mo-Tion blows it out of the water. The Gardener is also my least fav thus far.
    imo, from most to least liked:
    Slo-Mo-Tion
    Pistol Whipped
    No Reflection
    Murders Are Getting Prettier Every Day
    The Gardener
    I see what you mean about the connection between the two, but for mine, it has that same raw, not so produced feel to it that 1996 does. Astonishing is more of a produced mainstream polished song with a similar tempo. I just feel that "murderers are getting prettier every day" has that ACSS feel to it, whereas "Astonishing etc" has the HW feel to it, if any.

I quite liked wow, and I'm not saying that wow and slo-mo-tion are similar songs, but they have similar experimental elements to them. Foe mine, they both work, but I can easily see some hating slo-mo-tion for similar reasons to why they hate wow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ...when I saw "Japan" had the latest post in the thread, I thought the entire country got an account here just to leak the tracks.

Thanks for the link CANTCOMPLAIN

**edit

After listening to the tracks, I'm pumped again, I'm not sure how it will all sound as an 'album' but this is the best he has sounded since HW.
    The songs sound more focused than GAOG and EMDM and more 'biting' than HEOL...

Again, I'm not sure how I'd feel in a month or two, but right now it's pretty damn cool...
    Last edited by danebraddy; 04-23-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    ...when I saw "Japan" had the latest post in the thread, I thought the entire country got an account here just to leak the tracks.

Thanks for the link CANTCOMPLAIN
    ...who says thats not the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love hearing Manson's voice again. Feels sort of like home or something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Less than 24 hours until its out in Japan. Midnight sales style. So hopefully Japan knows we need them. I need them! 11am tomorrow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam411 View Post
    Less than 24 hours until its out in Japan. Midnight sales style. So hopefully Japan knows we need them. I need them! 11am tomorrow!
    oh they know lol they know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know for sure if theres a midnight launch in Japan?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Listening to it on Spotify now.... The 4 track sampler

It's pretty good so far. Better than I was expecting. Sort of have more of a Mechanical Animals feel to them. Liking them.

Murders is quite heavy.

Will be interesting to hear the whole album.

Just wish he had the same impact live as he did in the late 90's though...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "Murderers .." is making me very happy.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    At this point i'll just wait for the full album. I don't want to just listen to 4 songs today and maybe get bored of them before the full album comes out.
    I haven't done a traditional "listen" in a long time, where you don't hear anything other than the new single and a couple snippets and just have a fresh listen of the whole album from start to finish in one go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    At this point i'll just wait for the full album. I don't want to just listen to 4 songs today and maybe get bored of them before the full album comes out.
    I haven't done a traditional "listen" in a long time, where you don't hear anything other than the new single and a couple snippets and just have a fresh listen of the whole album from start to finish in one go.
    i agree. i've stopped listening to them since this morning.
    it's extremely hard not to keep playing Slo-Mo-Tion...
    Last edited by mrvirginia; 04-23-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Slo-Mo-Tion, wow. These songs are so fucking awesome it's a bit unbelievable to me how happy I am with them!!! Hooray Manson!

Anyone know of any alternative/fan-made covers that might be better? Actually, I should check PM, Manson forums seem to always have a mock album art thread prior to the release.

Meh, no luck. I guess I could go with the the about as equally shitty

But a bit better...
    Last edited by Babali; 04-23-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, my favourite was the McDonalds advert....the other 4 tracks were pretty bland :\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This thread is so full of win, I can't even make enough popcorn for all the shitstorms to watch.

In other news, pleasantly surprised with the four songs. It's definitely a step up from THEOL which it self was a step up from EMDM. It's no Antichrist, and even less so Mechanical Animal, but it's harsh, it's brutal, it's "I really, really don't give a fuck and am just gonna scream out my lungs to these awesome heavy riffs". Hoping the rest of the record will turn out in a similar way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    have I just listened to the same songs you all have been hearing?

they sound totally drab and repetitive to me....christ, even theol was better than this rubbish :s

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I only really like Slo-mo-tion. Oh well.

Even from the samples, when I read the preview listing I thought they chose the worst ones to preview. The Gardener is boring and Pistol Whipped is half as cool as its title, which I thought it was awesome.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-23-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I Can't wait to hear the full versions of The Flowers of Evil, Children of Cain, and Especially Breaking the Same old Ground. The 30 second sample of Breaking the Same old ground sounds amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was only really not too fond of Pistol Whipped. Others were pretty good, I thought.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I guess it has to leak soon.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloris View Post
    have I just listened to the same songs you all have been hearing?

they sound totally drab and repetitive to me....christ, even theol was better than this rubbish :s
    Nah it's all pretty laughable. That Murderers... track is even bland. Super repetitive riff with watered down screamszzzzZZZZZ. It's the best of the bunch, but again, not saying much. I got about 45 seconds in to The Gardener before having to go to the next song because it was just him talking. It is better sounding than THEOL but people come on, you can't use that as a line meaning '...which means it's good'. A super turd to a turd is still a turd.

How can people think this is worthwhile? I can't picture many bands that used to put out the most FUCK OFF songs to this...Gloris is right, drab is the best word for it. It has no passion.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post

I guess it has to leak soon.
    Where did you find this picture? I wonder what country it was taken in.

Edit: Guess it's America after looking up where Atlantic Sounds is. Hmm....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Nah it's all pretty laughable. That Murderers... track is even bland. Super repetitive riff with watered down screamszzzzZZZZZ. It's the best of the bunch, but again, not saying much. I got about 45 seconds in to The Gardener before having to go to the next song because it was just him talking. It is better sounding than THEOL but people come on, you can't use that as a line meaning '...which means it's good'. A super turd to a turd is still a turd.

How can people think this is worthwhile? I can't picture many bands that used to put out the most FUCK OFF songs to this...Gloris is right, drab is the best word for it. It has no passion.
    I totally disagree, but that's cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://national.citysearch.com/profi...rds_cmpct.html

138 W International Speedway Blvd
    Daytona Beach, FL 32114

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am not driving 4 hours. fuck that lol.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm not flying 9 hours and then getting a cab!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i want leak now pwease

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well, I'm digging these. It's nowhere near ACSS, MA, or HW, but for 2012 Manson this is pretty good shit.

Still loving the bassline in The Gardener. Great groove there.