Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77
Results 2,281 to 2,288 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    My favorite member was always Zim Zum...
    What the hell ever happened to him?

I know he started another band called "The Pop Culture Suicides" but it never really seemed to take off. He was working on that stuff for like 10 years. Started when myspace was starting up. They released some really solid tracks, like really, really amazing stuff and he kept saying they were gonna release a full length album and then... He just kinda disappeared off the face of the planet.
    Ask him yourself.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I met Pogo and hung out with him for a couple hours at an OzzFest '03 show and thought he was really cool. I'd finished bootlegging Manson from the lawn and was just starting to get into koRn when I saw some guy walk by in Royal Canadian Mounted Police uniform. My first thought was, "Oh, that's cool, some fan's doing a tribute to Pogo's latest look," but then I did a doubletake and realized it was actually HIM, lol. So I headed down and cautiously approached him to chat him up (we'd all heard the stories and seen the videos by then), and found him to be extremely welcoming and personable. We walked around and talked and drank for a good long while and he was actually surprisingly chilled-out and friendly. At some point I fanboy-ed out on him and asked if he'd mind signing my copy of the booklet for The Golden Age of Grotesque, and he immediately got this sour look on his face and said something like, "My hand is in a cast, you dumbass." Which I knew of course (he'd punched a trailer not too long before that date), I'd just kinda asked without thinking about it. But he took my booklet and bit right into it with his mouth and I was thinking, "Oh, fuuuuck, here we go...he's gonna EAT the goddamned thing."

But instead he just handed it back with a huge grin and was all, "There you go; DENTAL IMPRINT. Way better than a signature."

:D

So he definitely has his moments, or used to at any rate. But keeping tabs on him the last few years, especially through fb, has really been a disappointment. Bleh.

As for Zim Zum, he's been kind of a dick lately too. I was as excited as anyone about his work on Pleistocene and then later The Pop Culture Suicides -- it really was some pretty promising stuff -- but whatever it was that happened it just kinda seemed to fizzle out. By the time I finally got to see them, back in '08, it was pretty much just Tim Zum and a couple burnout buddies playing some bar in Chicago. They kinda harassed what few fans DID show up because they were obviously Manson fans too, just like he did on MySpace a lot...which was really a shame since that was like 80% of their crowd and they were always pretty respectful and excited about the new stuff. He just seemed to have a huge chip on his shoulder about it and resented the fans while simultaneously using his custom DttWT guitar and hyping up his glory days on MySpace.

In the end, I guess he just couldn't find a way to reconcile all that and just opened up a hamburger-joint-slash-bar out in the 'burbs a couple years ago instead.

Meh.

:-\

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Meh.

:-\
    Sums up this thread nicely....

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Perhaps if more people concentrated on making worthwhile contributions to the conversation instead of just spewing random snarky bullshit then the thread might be a little less "meh."

Anyway, here's one of my pix with Pogo, just for the hell of it.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I say merge everything into one Manson thread or make a sub-forum.
    That's what I was thinking. As enjoyable as all the Marilyn Manson threads are to me, I always thought that they should be merged into one thread, and just have it just called Marilyn Manson.

This has also become one of my favorite songs from that era as well.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-14-2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: I suppose that Marilyn Manson is good enough. I also don't think discussing The Spooky Kids is off-topic either.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Yup, Marilyn Manson & Alice Cooper are touring together this Summer. Manson mentioned it last month in Ohio but I wasn't sure if it was cool to let everyone know so I just bit my lip. Can't wait to see them together! Really curious about who else might be on the bill, too. Definitely gonna see as many of those shows as I can for sure!And this tour's been awesome, thanks! For the first time ever I've finally been able to see ALL the US shows of a tour, w00t. I had to skip Canada's dates (because Greyhound stopped selling their 15, 30, and 60 Day Passes, damnit) or else I would've caught EVERYTHING except the overseas shows! So all in all it was a pretty awesome run for me. Not to mention LOTS of badass shows! Got to hang with Manson a few times too and really enjoyed meeting and reuniting with people on the road like always, including the esteemed gladcarrot & his supercool lady (with all their many turtles!) and the friendly guy from ets I met in the pit but never got the name of (HI THERE, btw!) who randomly came up right after the show and declared, "FUCK october_midnight!" lol.Good people!And MOST ASSUREDLY good times! I've got lots of pix & vidz & setlists & autographs & weird memorabilia & crazy anecdotes & stuff like that to share later when I finally get home. Really looking forward to sorting through the recollections and collectibles and finally seeing it all together MYSELF, honestly. Haha, it's been pretty wild.Totally had a blast!\m/
    i honestly can't believe you're a real person sometimes. at least you provide pictures so I'm leaning towards you actually existing.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I only just saw the news about the Cooper/Manson tour. For the first time in nearly a decade, Cooper is playing within an hour of where I live. But I can't buy a ticket without Manson getting some of my money.

Decisions, decisions.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    First one to start the new Manson thread gets to pick it's name and theme. Good luck!