Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only other song I've heard so far off this record is Slo Mo Tion, and it's very good I might say. It sounds very Mechanical Animals to me.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson will be playing the Heavy T.O. festival in Toronto, Ontario August 11th, 2012 with Slipknot, Deftones, SOAD, cannobal corpse, Lamb of God and about 20 other bands in Downsview Park. Weekend pass is $147 or $80.50 per day.

full lineup and event info here: http://lineup.heavyto.com/

Maybe this means more North American tour dates to come this summer.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    He'll be touring the eastern and southern US for the next month, then straight to Europe for another two months, then two festival shows in Canada. He'll presumably hit up the rest of the US after Canada, so in August/September. Hopefully.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, I just noticed there was a "Heavy Montreal fest" as well. Darn... Western canada always gets shafted when it comes to festivals. Not like i'd want to see alot of that crap on that bill anyway. I'd much rather just wait for a full blown Manson show on his own, all 15 songs of it! lol...
    He really could play a few more songs though, his songs aren't overly long.

Hopefully he adds more new material as the tour progresses. I'd be satisfied to hear all of BV live. i'd much rather have the majority of the live show the newer stuff though, maybe a few classics thrown in there for old time sake, but if he did a 15 song set every night, i'd personally like 7-8 of those to be BV songs, so hopefully he adds a few more new ones to the set.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    just got the album and in the minority that like Pistol Whipped.
    Disengaged and Children of Cain have to be the 2 most boring Manson songs ever.
    Still a decent album worth a few spins.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Received my copy today... No booklet, no lyrics, no artwork! Well, theres a picture of MMs face but thats it. Album is growing on me hugely but MM is definitely an album art kind of band, pretty disappointed in that respect

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    BLECH to this album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    regarding the discussion of Manson playing guitar... at this point he should be able to play most, if not all, of their songs. the majority of the guitar parts on their albums is extremely easy. when i started playing when i was 15, i learned by playing their songs. there's just not a lot of crazy soloing. most difficult riffs i'd say are on POAAF. most difficult solos are on EMDM, with Mechanical Animals coming next. the rest a child could play, seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just got back from the Long Island show..

the set list was the same as the other nights. the show was really fucking awesome. youtube videos do absolutely no justice to how good they sound live. Manson sounded awesome too, screaming his lungs out and truly engaging the crowd. I was going there knowing the show was gonna be awesome and I was still impressed. You really can't judge them until you see them live, imo.

the band played an awesome Coma Black jam, and the new songs sounded really, really awesome. Twiggy sounded and looked so rock n' roll on the guitar, and this is the most the band has sounded rock n' roll, the songs seem more organic with the liberties Twiggy takes with the songs, and Twiggy was really fucking rocking it.

the only thing that sucked was I was on the balcony and no one in my section stood 0_o and me and my friends were asked to sit down...

seeing him again in AC on Friday and so excited to be in the pit this time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony_etc View Post
    just got back from the Long Island show..

the set list was the same as the other nights. the show was really fucking awesome. youtube videos do absolutely no justice to how good they sound live. Manson sounded awesome too, screaming his lungs out and truly engaging the crowd. I was going there knowing the show was gonna be awesome and I was still impressed. You really can't judge them until you see them live, imo.

the band played an awesome Coma Black jam, and the new songs sounded really, really awesome. Twiggy sounded and looked so rock n' roll on the guitar, and this is the most the band has sounded rock n' roll, the songs seem more organic with the liberties Twiggy takes with the songs, and Twiggy was really fucking rocking it.

the only thing that sucked was I was on the balcony and no one in my section stood 0_o and me and my friends were asked to sit down...

seeing him again in AC on Friday and so excited to be in the pit this time!
    asked to sit down??? wtf??? i wouldn't have had enough middle fingers for those f*cks

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I agree. I was also at the NY show last night and fuck youtube. When you're there it really doesn't matter what he sounds like. Hey Cruel World was fucking awesome live!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvirginia View Post
    regarding the discussion of Manson playing guitar... at this point he should be able to play most, if not all, of their songs. the majority of the guitar parts on their albums is extremely easy. when i started playing when i was 15, i learned by playing their songs. there's just not a lot of crazy soloing. most difficult riffs i'd say are on POAAF. most difficult solos are on EMDM, with Mechanical Animals coming next. the rest a child could play, seriously.
    on the 2009 tour twiggy wasnt playinhate anthem properly ... He would miss the two notes after "everybodys someone elses nigger"... It didst bug me somewhat

totally spot on re those albums being the hardest to play... Even then, only the solo on fundamentally loathesome is hard as far as MA is concerned.

I will tell you something that will make you go OHHH SHIT (possibly)

pogo declared on his facebook that for dope show, twiggy just nicked the riff from brimful of asha...

...that was a mind. Blown. Moment for me

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Twiggy himself has admitted to it. Pogos Facebook is nothing but a hate rant.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Where are these twiggy confessions happening? And Pogo's facebook is more or less that, but still very funny

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Slo-Mo-Tion

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All the size 50 fonts in the world won't make that song any less dull. Still can't get over why people have singled that one out in any way, shape or form. Maybe it's how even during the choruses, the song meanders along at exactly the same tempo. For the whole thing. Just trudges along with no dynamic.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Cos they ain't ice cold like you, blud

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind seeing some live video of Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms even though it's pretty cheeseball, the chorus is pretty cool and has the most (only) memorable riff on the album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my physical copy today. No booklet, no inserts, no nothing inside. Aside from the credits written behind the disc holder, the only text on the inside is "Lyrics at BornVillain.com" and one picture on the inside front cover. I've always liked perusing through the booklets and packaging as a whole (although moreso with the Triptych, but still), so this is a bit of a letdown.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Got my physical copy today. No booklet, no inserts, no nothing inside. Aside from the credits written behind the disc holder, the only text on the inside is "Lyrics at BornVillain.com" and one picture on the inside front cover. I've always liked perusing through the booklets and packaging as a whole (although moreso with the Triptych, but still), so this is a bit of a letdown.
    Sounds lame as fuck, disappointed. Lame ass digipak, I guess Cooking Vinyl is too cheap to do much else.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My mind is fucking blown that Shia Lebouf directed the Born Villain promo video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm disappointed that no songs from EMDM is getting played live.

...What? I like Putting Holes Into Happiness.

Is this tracklist pretty much what is getting played on the NA shows? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_Cruel_World..._Tour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    very nice to hear those screams in slo-mo-tion.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HiiiPoWeR XO View Post
    Is this tracklist pretty much what is getting played on the NA shows? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_Cruel_World..._Tour
    Nope. It's more like http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/marily...-4bde5342.html for this US leg (It hasn't changed for the past few shows, so it looks to be constant). Wikipedia's list is just a collection of every song they played on every leg (incl. Australia/Asia) and not in order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Born Villian is actually pretty impressive. Favorite songs so far are: Slo-Mo-Tion, Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day, The Gardener, and Disengaged.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Album's starting to grow on me a bit more. Safe to say, it's probably beats the last two albums imo. I'm a GAOG fan.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    After being one of my least favorites on the album upon initial listens, Disengaged has really grown on me and has been stuck in my head for days.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Going through 2nd listen now. Very promising album. Slo-Mo-Tion is by far my favorite track.

Also I reiterate...

Is no one else blown away that SHIA LEBOUF from TRANSFORMERS directed the Born Villain promo video?
    I knew he was a good directed based on his Kid Cudi music vids but damn...I feel like I'm watching Closure 2.0

NSFW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's like it's ten years ago!

Guy's got to be stuck in a maddening existential holding pattern, to go for so long without notable maturation as an artist or musician. I wonder if he has room for Tobias in the band, after he (Tobias) finishes his stint with the Blue Man Group.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Brian Warner's 100 Percent Natural Good Time Family Band Solution.