Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    If you think Marilyn Manson is the musical equal of the Twilight saga, you're an idiot.
    Yeah, almost as dumb as if I'd say something like "The Beatles can't compare to any recent music." Fuck. I can't come up with a stupider thing to say about rock music.

Whatever. Let's try to steer this back towards the topic. Let me listen to this new album.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I don't listen to The Beatles or Manson but I'm finding this thread highly entertaining.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I've heard plenty of Beatles, you know since their music is fucking played constantly all over the god damn place. I don't hate them, but they're just so unbelievably overrated.
    I'm not trying to join the attack Harry train or anything but I HIGHLY recommend you listen to a full Beatles album before you pass judgment based on hearing them everywhere. I really think it'll change your opinion. It did mine. Do me a favor and download Sgt.pepper and give it a shot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    why the fuck are we discussing the beatles?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson = random stupidity v2.0

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antiskum View Post
    why the fuck are we discussing the beatles?
    where the fuck is the facepalm button?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure how I'm feeling about this one. It's alright... Vrenna is certainly all over this one. Not sure where they get the punkish mechanical animals description. Certainly punkish though.
    Last edited by Piko; 04-25-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so, after a full first listen... i think this album is better than the last 3 combined​.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    where the fuck is the facepalm button?
    if lift your hand roughly 45degrees towards your head, and you should hopefully get there without the need for a button

but put your hypersensitive beatles defending knee-jerk reactions to the side for a moment (fuck, like anyone really needs to defend the beatles). you misinterpreted me, and my point remains valid. why the fuck is anyone bothering to bring up the beatles in any sort of comparative way? it's pointless to try and compare them to virtually any band, let alone someone as culturally and artistically relevant as marilyn manson.
    how about we cut the fucking ridiculous diatribe and just discuss the merits of this album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Based on a first, unfocused listen I can definitely agree it's better than GAOG and EMDM - lay down your goddman arms is great, as is overneath... , I have a feeling the lull just after the middle may be growers.
    I'm a little disappointed that with the full verse before it, the chorus in Disengaged doesn't kick you in the face as much as it sounded it would in the sample.

It's a solid album though, I look forward to giving it a few more spins.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I was planning on waiting for the album release itself rather than listening to any leaks, but it just occurred to me that I need to leave on Greyhound TONIGHT in order to make it to the first show of the tour on time, so I might actually listen to the leak first instead since I won't have the internet or a CD player with me the whole time I'll be chasing the rest of the tour and don't wanna lose all the crap on my iPod that's not technically "mine" just to import the new album.

Otherwise I'll practically be the last person on the planet to hear the new album when I finally get off the road for a while after the 20th of May, or else I'll be forced to hear the damned thing for the very first time on someone's crappy boombox in line before a show or driving around with a pal or something anyway. Plus there's the matter of actually finding somewhere to buy it between Greyhound stations anyway, let alone actually playing it.

Bah.

Anyway, if anyone wants to kick me a PM of a link to the new shit then that would probably be a big help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^sent
    10char

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Thanks! Not sure if I'll actually use it but it's comforting to know the option's there, at least.

I might even go ahead and line out the computer to a tape deck so I can make a cassette copy of the album and take THAT on the road with my walkman, lol. Why not. It's easier to just buy two more AA batteries than it is to actually keep anything charged on Greyhound anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    ^ Thanks! Not sure if I'll actually use it but it's comforting to know the option's there, at least.

I might even go ahead and line out the computer to a tape deck so I can make a cassette copy of the album and take THAT on the road with my walkman, lol. Why not. It's easier to just buy two more AA batteries than it is to actually keep anything charged on Greyhound anyway!
    that's pretty awesome you can put it on a tape lol and also prob the way i'd go, with batteries, if i were gonna be on the road for that long.
    and np!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ON-TOPIC, because somebody has to to it: i haven't had the chance to listen to the whole thing, but so far i'm not overly impressed by the album. i don't think it sucks, the music is okay and the vocals are all right, but there's nothing here that i can identify with. on every album so far there's been something lyrically that i could say "yeah, i've felt like that" or at least a couple of songs where the music was so awesome it didn't matter what he was talking about. so far, i can't say that with this one. some background: i have a copy of every album, and almost every single, bought and paid for, usually on release day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antiskum View Post
    ...it's pointless to try and compare them to virtually any band, let alone someone as culturally and artistically relevant as marilyn manson...
    I'm confused. Are you saying Marilyn Manson is culturally and artistically revelant? That can't be right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No I believe they were being sarcastic, suggesting that comparing the Beatles to someone who has extremely little musical and cultural impact (by comparison at least) is bullshit, and regardless how on feels about MM, one would have to agree. Fuck, if he sobered up, MM himself would agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    ON-TOPIC, because somebody has to to it: i haven't had the chance to listen to the whole thing, but so far i'm not overly impressed by the album. i don't think it sucks, the music is okay and the vocals are all right, but there's nothing here that i can identify with. on every album so far there's been something lyrically that i could say "yeah, i've felt like that" or at least a couple of songs where the music was so awesome it didn't matter what he was talking about. so far, i can't say that with this one.
    I'm feeling a little that way myself. Perhaps it's time I started indulging in domestic violence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why would you lose everything on your iPod putting the new album on it? I've got it on mine.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Talking of the Beatles, I'd love to see a Manson Beatles covers album, a bit like Laibach did with Let It Be. "Marilyn Manson Plays The Beatles" would surely be a better record than any original Manson album of the last decade.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the Spooky Kids used to play Strawberry Fields live once in awhile, and i think they played one or two more. one of their own songs parodied a beatles song title: "Luci in the Sky With Demons".

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Why would you lose everything on your iPod putting the new album on it? I've got it on mine.
    I think he meant if he plugged his iPod into someone else's computer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    in addition: "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE ONE OF THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE"

for chrissakes, he's cribbed the beatles on that song as long as far back as i can recall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    or just an album of entirely covers? I think it's what he's actually better at these days....you're so vain is probably the best track on born villain tbh.

given it another listen (though I don't know why)....still not much that really stands out to me. The few songs that sound like songs, and that have some sort of structure, sound just about listenable....as background music maybe...but the rest is just pretentious tosh.

I think he's tried to hard to be "different"....it hasn't worked in my opinion. Whole thing sounds like a big jumbled mess.

Really just wish he'd clean up his act...then he might be able to get through a performance without nearly killing himself, and he might even end up writing something half-decent for the first time in ten years?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i'd like to see him just get really, really pissed off like the old days, from Golden Age backwards. the anger is really what's missing, from what i can tell. there's so much happening in the world today that he could use as inspiration for a really angry, controversial album, instead of constantly singing about relationships, which is what almost every song from EMDM on has been about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've now listened Born Villain twice through and I think it's okay. The title track was soundwise the most interesting and the other standout tracks on this album in my opinion are "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day" and "Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms". Things I didn't like in this album are the guitar playing/monotonous riffs in some songs, which makes me wonder how it could have sounded with John 5. Also the lyrics weren't that good. I'm sure I won't be rushing to buy this cd on the release date, but I think I'll buy it when it's on sale. Oh, and I made an alternative cover for Born Villain while I was listening to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson:
    When I listen to my favorite songs, Bowie and the Beatles
    http://www.vanityfair.com/online/dai...pp-carly-simon

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    wait a second, he covered carly simon? the same song cribbed on 'starfuckers?'

edit: i don't mean to dredge up another NIN discussion here, it's just that i read that article and rolled my eyes so hard, i can see the back of my skull.
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 04-25-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: don't wanna be startin' somethin'

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    it just occurred to me that I need to leave on Greyhound TONIGHT in order to make it to the first show of the tour on time, I'll be chasing the rest of the tour...

...when I finally get off the road for a while after the 20th of May.
    Are you seriously hitting up the whole US tour?? Dude, where do you find the money for that!?