Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    By death metal stated, it'll be influenced by it and NOT sound like it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's never what they say it is. Every album is "heavy" until it comes out. Punk-ish seems more realistic though judging from the song/video.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    I was told there would be some serious punk and death metal influences on this album. If there's not, I ain't listening.
    When he said it was in a "suicide death metal" style, I laughed at my computer, wondering if Manson had ever even Googled the phrase "death metal." If there's anything even remotely death metal about this album, I'll eat a sack of foreskins. That said, I really despise death metal, and I sincerely hope there's not a whiff of it here. And not just to avoid the foreskin snack thing.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I watched him on That Metal Show. What a drunken fool.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I watched him on That Metal Show. What a drunken fool.
    Could've been a lot worse, wasn't anywhere near as bad as his appearance on that Swedish Talk Show a few years ago around The High End of Low release, that was a travesty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    any news on the leak yet? I got a whiff of news from googling, but it's linked to mansonwiki...my netbook won't even access that site without grinding to a halt...i have to literally shut the power and reboot because that site runs so slow it just destroys my machine :s

there's a few torrents up now, but so far all seem fake/password protected/take this survey blah blah blah...

i hate marketing...if the album is ready, just release it already...i'll still buy it when it's on cd, i just wanna hear the new stuff, you know?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Didn't THEOL leak about a week or so before. And hopefully this time, we'll be troll-free about it. Those hierophant people...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my favourite leak was GAOG...the leak that actually wasn't GAOG, but was Skolds "dead god" demo...that was an awesome leak.

but yeh, I thought we had THEOL like a month or two early? hmmm, maybe i'm wrong though....i'm just excited for the new album....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Didn't THEOL leak about a week or so before. And hopefully this time, we'll be troll-free about it. Those hierophant people...
    Actually that wasn't really a leak, it was a copy of the album from an international country that had been released a few days prior that was uploaded to demonoid or piratebay...don't remember.

No proper leak existed for THEOL minus a few demos (Arma...geddon, Leave a Scar (labeled as Maybeharmfulifswallowed), Four Rusted Horses and Into the Fire) and some edited garbage (Devour + Arnold S. Quotes). Only proper song that had leaked in it's final form was Pretty As A ($).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't remember for sure. I do remember a bunch of hierophant trolls teasing everyone about the leaks and getting everyone all riled up over nothing. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I don't remember for sure. I do remember a bunch of hierophant trolls teasing everyone about the leaks and getting everyone all riled up over nothing. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.
    It won't. The Heirophant is dead. People on Provider Module are respectable overall. Babalon idiots tend to stay there and not clamor anywhere else. I am on both sites mind you heh. Besides, I don't mind sharing something good if I have something. I do not mind at all!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

wow, I only see one chin!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think everyone is being an ass for the sake of it really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel Jeordie is the main talent in the group. I say this because his solo work is so good. Also, because The High End of Low, was the collaboration that came after He re-joined. It was different than thier other work. I feel composition wise He had a lot to do with that. I loved the music, but not the lyrics. The lyrics made me feel like someone was yelling at me. I don't mind Marilyn Manson the individual's image. I think He is original, it's just who He wants to be, which I think is cool. But, I wish Jeordie would do more on his own.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    15th post
    on the 3rd page!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
    Mar1lyn Man5on!!!

BORN VILLAIN.

\m/ -_- \m/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My friend Alex trying to give MM some cake.

Don't think he wants it. Which I'll freely admit is kinda surprising.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    My friend Alex trying to give MM some cake.

Don't think he wants it. Which I'll freely admit is kinda surprising.
    Was that as his birthday party?

Is your friend a starfucker or friends with someone in the band or something?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It was. And he's an artist whom MM is apparently a fan of. As to whether or not they fucked...could be anyone's guess...Alex is kinda weird.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm guessing he didn't divulge any of the details of Born Villain​ to your friend?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I spoke with Alex for about 10 min. last night actually and he said that MM told him that the new album was 'getting close' or something like that but that's about it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    AKA "Soon."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    lol exactly.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I agree.

'Soon's the word'

Fucking release it already. Supposedly planned for next month. We'll see.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Does anyone have those rare demos that were put up a few months back? I can't remember where they came from and never got to download them. I'm pretty sure smells like children (the song) was one of them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sessava View Post
    People think that every time he's put out an album since 2000. I see the same things pop up on every single message board, saying that this time he'll put something good out, this time he's full of energy and the album's going to be great. I think people just need to accept that the Marilyn Manson from the late 90's is dead and that this is a totally different entity. His music will never reach the levels it did in the 90's and honestly, I'm beginning to realize that most of the quality in the band came from the other members or outside sources - not Marilyn Manson himself.

I would appreciate Marilyn Manson a lot more if he would hang up his act and mature as an artist like Trent Reznor did, instead of acting like a petulant child all the time. It's pathetic to see a 40+ year old man acting like he does. I expect his new album to be superior to his last one, but only because I find it hard to imagine that he could drunkenly slur out something even worse.

As always, I remain ever hopeful that Marilyn Manson's cognitive abilities will return and he will seek to make friendlies with all the talented people that he's alienated over time, and then maybe we'll have the band back together and we could have a good album again, maybe he'll quit the drugs that are so clearly fucking him up and he'll quit pouring that absinthe shit down his throat 24/7. But that's all a pipe-dream, really, and it'll never happen. It's a depressing realization for the longtime Marilyn Manson fan, to understand that Marilyn Manson as a band is dead, but it's something that we all have to come to understand.

When you quit thinking of the modern Marilyn Manson as the same entity as the old Marilyn Manson, then you don't expect anywhere near as much out of them and you're not quite as disappointed when his new albums inevitably shamble out of his drug/absinthe-destroyed mind, burst into your home and then shit and piss all over the place, and then turn to you with a smug smile and asking, "Have I shocked you yet?"
    BEST. POST. EVER. (in regards to MM at least)

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Does anyone have those rare demos that were put up a few months back? I can't remember where they came from and never got to download them. I'm pretty sure smells like children (the song) was one of them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ecaftonk

this guy has links in the desciption. the quality is what was originally posted on soundcloud.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I have a few mp3s of those demos Scott posted. I can upload them if that method is wanted/preferred.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am selling my ultra rare Get Your Gunn cassette single. Only 300 made. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250975467015

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)