Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meat Beat Manifesto

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Meat Beat Manifesto

Jack Dangers deserves his own thread. There's a fledgling new MBM website emerging here:
    http://www.meatbeatmanifesto.com

I grabbed the MBM Test EP and it came with an second disc, not clearly labeled, just says "the Forger"
    which led me over here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/The4GER/...&page=1&view=0

EBN lives on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Love Jack Dangers' work and a huge MBM fan
    One of my true inspirations with my own production
    Subliminal Sandwich, Actual Sounds + Voices, and Autoimmune are my faves.
    Saw em twice live over the last few years during the Autoimmune and A.C.I.D. tours in NYC
    So amazing when they have a live drummer with em
    The new Test EP is great too, back to that classic MBM style
    Love the beats and samples used
    Those vids are great for the entire release
    I suggest people watch em to really experience the EP
    The video sample work alone shows his true genius
    So glad hes still around and making great music

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I used to be a pretty big MBM fan. I don't really like the direction he's gone in since the 90s, but I still really love the run from 99% to Subliminal Sandwich.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I have no idea what "Thor .20" means, but it was a very cool listen for $6. Might spin it again while I wait for the HM audiophile-miix files to appear.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    MINI TOUR

Any Meat Beat Manifesto fans on here going to one of these shows coming up...

9/23 Cold Waves V - Chicago, IL
    9/30 Club Dada - Dallas, TX
    10/1 Numbers - Houston, TX
    10/21 DNA - San Francisco, CA

http://meatbeatmanifesto.com/?page_id=425

Apparently a new album is coming!!!
    Last edited by neorev; 09-11-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    MINI TOUR

Any Meat Beat Manifesto fans on here going to one of these shows coming up...

9/23 Cold Waves V - Chicago, IL
    9/30 Club Dada - Dallas, TX
    10/1 Numbers - Houston, TX
    10/21 DNA - San Francisco, CA

http://meatbeatmanifesto.com/?page_id=425

Apparently a new album is coming!!!
    Evidently there's a new tour-only EP available at the upcoming tour. If someone going would be kind enough to pick one up for me and mail it to me, I'll pay in advance, cover shipping cost obviously, and throw a few bones on top for your troubles. Pls. let me know if willing!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Evidently there's a new tour-only EP available at the upcoming tour. If someone going would be kind enough to pick one up for me and mail it to me, I'll pay in advance, cover shipping cost obviously, and throw a few bones on top for your troubles. Pls. let me know if willing!

I was literally going to ask the same thing lol.
    So if anyone wants to make a little extra money from me and @perceptionnexus , I am offering the same if anyone is able to pick up the special tour only EP. I'll pay extra and shipping costs. Cheers!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I may hit the SF show, not sure yet so keep your money. I don't really know them tho, anything mandatory listen? seems like they touch on a lot of styles...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    I may hit the SF show, not sure yet so keep your money. I don't really know them tho, anything mandatory listen? seems like they touch on a lot of styles...
    Yeah Jack has covered a lot of ground in his career. My personal favorite stuff was his Nothing Records run in the mid-90s, Subliminal Sandwich and Actual Sounds and Voices I consider to be some of his more eclectic material. The earlier hip-hop driven stuff like Satyricon and 99% is essential MBM also.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I definitely second Actual Sounds + Voices. I love all of his work. Also, Autoimmune was a more recent and personal fave. Subliminal Sandwich, Original Fire, In Dub... lots of goodies.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    RUOK + Free Piece Suite is a desert island disc for me. 14 years later I still listen to it on a regular basis.
    Someone pointed out that the US and UK versions of Autoimmune have significantly different tracklists, apparently it was intended to be a double album. I haven't thought about that one in ages but it might be time to track down the other version.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    RUOK + Free Piece Suite is a desert island disc for me. 14 years later I still listen to it on a regular basis.
    Someone pointed out that the US and UK versions of Autoimmune have significantly different tracklists, apparently it was intended to be a double album. I haven't thought about that one in ages but it might be time to track down the other version.
    Oh man, RUOK... I remember the first time I listened to it, I didn't really connect with it. Then one night, my girl, my friend Brian, and myself all took some shrooms. I ended up putting RUOK on and we sat there mostly in silence as we listened to the entire album all of the way through. Completely changed the album for me. Sadly, I lost my Free Piece Suite CD when I moved. So gutted!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Does anyone here have the Free Piece Suite mini CD that came with R.U.O.K.? Would you possibly be able to rip it in WAV for me? I lost my copy during my latest move. So frigging pissed, can't find it anywhere.

Perhaps I may have a MBM release you're looking for that I can help you with in exchange. I have decent amount in lossless, otherwise in MP3.
    Last edited by neorev; 09-18-2016 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    You could always just buy another copy for a small price on Discogs..

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/181886446

Regrettably, I've never heard RUOK? Saw some of you dudes hyping it in this thread and bought a sealed copy of it on vinyl for only $13. It doesn't come with the FPS, so I had to buy a second-hand CD to supplement it. Still only cost me like $20 total. Can't wait to hear what all the fuss is about..
    Yeah, I can go that route. Just thought there might be a kind hearted soul on ETS that may wanna help me out before going that route. :P Trade some goodies for the favor.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

When I saw them as a four piece during the Autoimmune tour, their live drummer did this awesome drum battle with the sampled audio/video footage. It was insane!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This was the song that got me into MBM and one of the best known tracks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Regrettably, I've never heard RUOK? Saw some of you dudes hyping it in this thread and bought a sealed copy of it on vinyl for only $13. It doesn't come with the FPS, so I had to buy a second-hand CD to supplement it. Still only cost me like $20 total. Can't wait to hear what all the fuss is about..
    one of the things that makes RUOK special is the extensive use of this throughout, it's distinctive: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMS_Synthi_100
    "In Dub" can be treated as an RUOK companion, best experienced with video in DVD form.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You guys ever watch the I Dream Of Wires documentary, it's now on Netflix. They talk to Jack Dangers a bit and you get to see some of his studio. I wish I could see the Hardcore Edition of the doc that's like 4 hours long.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes!!!
    Someone going to Cold Waves V was kind enough to pick up the new MBM EP for me!!!
    Arrives tomorrow!

I also was able to get 1 of only 500 Cold Waves V compilation CDs featuring exclusive new music from artists on the lineup.
    Features an exclusive remix from Acucrack of a track off MBM's new EP.

Get 'em while you can... http://coldwaves.net/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It has arrived!

Has elements of their last Kasm02 EP mixed with some classic Subliminal Sandwich/Actual Sounds breaks...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK6CnKLDgG_/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Could someone help me uh, locate Autoimmune and ACID? PM and I can return the favor. Thanks/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    NEW MBM ALBUM, ‘IMPOSSIBLE STAR’, OUT JANUARY 2018 AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER NOW

Meat Beat Manifesto has announced a new record. “Impossible Star” is to be released on January 19, 2018 via Flexidisc with distribution by Virtual Label. It is available for preorder on CD, digital, and vinyl.

Drawing on the paranoid and surreal political and cultural climate, Jack Dangers likens the record “to an MC Escher optical illusion which spirals around and around and never seems to end.”

MBM will perform this year on day 2 of Cold Waves LA, on November 11th, at the Regent Theater in Los Angeles, preforming alongside Revolting Cocks and MC900 FT Jesus. Tour dates for the new year are forthcoming.

You can preorder the record via Jack’s Bandcamp store, iTunes, and Google Play. Jack has also assembled a Spotify playlist spotlighting some of his favorite MBM tracks.

01. ONE
    02. Bass Playa
    03. We Are Surrounded
    04. Unique Boutique
    05. Nocebo
    06. ImpossibleStar
    07. Lurker
    08. T.M.I
    09. Liquidators
    10. Nereus Rov
    11. Synthesizer Teste
    12. Rejector
    13. The Darkness

http://meatbeatmanifesto.com/meat-be...es-new-record/

Available here:
    https://meatbeatmanifesto.bandcamp.c...mpossible-star

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lightbulb New Meat Beat Manifesto

Greetings programs!
    Do any of you plan to catch any Meat Beat Manifesto shows? Have you listened to the new record Impossible Star? I'm pretty much rotating a NIN, TR/AR, Radiohead, ToYo, HTDA, and MBM. It all seems to go together nicely. Don't get me wrong, I listen to more music than that. It just seems this collection fits nice when you have the records right in front of you. Emotion, pain, politics, love, and a little sweetness on a SciFi plate. If you don't know MBM, you're missing out. I'm always looking for that new (or old) music!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Psst...
    There's already a Meat Beat Manifesto thread

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...beat+manifesto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @neorev Thanks! I even searched for Manifesto. I thought it was odd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Greetings programs!
    Do any of you plan to catch any Meat Beat Manifesto shows? Have you listened to the new record Impossible Star? I'm pretty much rotating a NIN, TR/AR, Radiohead, ToYo, HTDA, and MBM. It all seems to go together nicely. Don't get me wrong, I listen to more music than that. It just seems this collection fits nice when you have the records right in front of you. Emotion, pain, politics, love, and a little sweetness on a SciFi plate. If you don't know MBM, you're missing out. I'm always looking for that new (or old) music!

See you in Miami!

(copy of a nother thread. I hope I can delete the other post)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @assistingwithmyrevelation
    I'm a huge MBM fan, been listening to them since the mid-90s. I saw the Edge Of No Control Pt. 2 video on MTV's Amp and that did it for me. I began hunting whatever releases I could find. I remembered first getting Subliminal Sandwich and Satyricon. Circles off Satyricon is my favorite song and Actual Sounds + Voices is my favorite album. I've them twice in NYC, once for Autoimmune tour at Highline Ballroom and the Answers Come In Dreams tour at Santos Partyhouse. Both were the best sounding gigs I've ever been to. Jack really knows how to handle live sound. They're coming back to NYC soon for Cold Waves New York. Tempted to go.