Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Happy 420!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Happy 420!

A holiday I can fully appreciate! You know what to do.....

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Would be an even better day if our government wasn't fucked up beyond all hope and actually did something to make up for 100 years of injustice. Time's running out. The republicans actively want to prevent legalization while the dems just won't do shit because they can't write a single bill without bogging it down with so much shit that repubs always have an excuse for their base as to why they won't play ball. And come November, the dems can kiss having all three (house, senate, white house) goodbye for a while. And this simple issue that is an easy fix is the perfect example for why their so called "voter enthusiasm" is always down. Fix this shit now fuckers!

But whatever, fuck all that, Happy 420!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Oh, and also...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haveing a bbq at the weed farm I work at today. Life is good.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    @chuckrh

fun fact: 12x35=420

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    When I was a kid we had D.A.R.E. at our school, afterschool specials, etc. about the evils of pot.

Now I can buy it within a five minute walk.

Crazy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just came back from the pot stop, eh. I gotta toss these in here:

You have to have the live version, too.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    When I was a kid we had D.A.R.E. at our school, afterschool specials, etc. about the evils of pot.

Now I can buy it within a five minute walk.

Crazy.
    Hahaha, I had that program in school too! One day they gave us all t shirts with the DARE Bear on them. I wore that shirt so much. I used to toke up and wear it to basketball practice.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Legalization kind of took some of the fun out by removing the scofflaw aspect. I've lived in severe pain for close to 15 years & weed enabled me to slow the progression of the pain pills. I don't smoke anymore but do use edibles for pain/sleep issues. At first my doctors weren't for it but allowed it because of the nature of the disease. Now, all of my doctors are for it with the way I use it. Some even encourage it. I'm more into being "unadjusted" these days but the never ending pain is too much. I'm still on opioids but I would be on a lot more without weed.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Legalization kind of took some of the fun out by removing the scofflaw aspect. I've lived in severe pain for close to 15 years & weed enabled me to slow the progression of the pain pills. I don't smoke anymore but do use edibles for pain/sleep issues. At first my doctors weren't for it but allowed it because of the nature of the disease. Now, all of my doctors are for it with the way I use it. Some even encourage it. I'm more into being "unadjusted" these days but the never ending pain is too much. I'm still on opioids but I would be on a lot more without weed.
    As someone who lives in a place its not legal, I don't give a fuck about the scofflaw aspect lol. I know what you mean though. I'm not a daily user or anything but I also switched to edibles a few years ago and it is insane to me how good they are for mild pains and aches. Glad they help you even do a little less opiates.

With edibles, I see absolutely no downside healthwise. I don't do other drugs and I don't even drink because, well, for me alcohol is the lamest drug there is, as far as experience to consequences ratios, its up there with cigarettes competing for the top spot of just absolutely worthless.

Weed being demonized and treated the way it is has to be one of the most confusing things I've ever encountered in this life.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yesterday was a good day .

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Yesterday was a good day .
    you must not have had to use your AK haha. thanks to Mr I Cube

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    you must not have had to use your AK haha. thanks to Mr I Cube
    Hahaa ...And everything is alright .

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I finally went to the pot store today!!

I dragged my husband along with me, because I was intimidated.

I was matched up with this REALLY nice young guy named Everett, who sat us down in this comfortable seating area with leather lounge chairs.

It's like an Apple store but for pot and accessories.

He had an iPad and went through my questions and I told him what my friends had suggested, and he agreed and made some recommendations based on kind of getting my toes wet.

I got a bunch of Memorial Day discounts, I'm now a "member," and I walked out with some edibles and a disposable vape pen.

I feel like Snoop Dogg.

This is going to be such a great weekend!!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Enjoy!

Trying an oldie but a goodie this weekend. Acapulco Gold (my pics) and here's a wiki link for history and whatnot.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I finally went to the pot store today!!

I dragged my husband along with me, because I was intimidated.

I was matched up with this REALLY nice young guy named Everett, who sat us down in this comfortable seating area with leather lounge chairs.

It's like an Apple store but for pot and accessories.

He had an iPad and went through my questions and I told him what my friends had suggested, and he agreed and made some recommendations based on kind of getting my toes wet.

I got a bunch of Memorial Day discounts, I'm now a "member," and I walked out with some edibles and a disposable vape pen.

I feel like Snoop Dogg.

I'm just glad to hear someone is having this experience. The first time I ever purchased any was in freshmen year of high school. I gave this guy money and next class there was a pencil box under my desk with the most basic dirt weed you've ever seen. I thought I was going to get arrested and expelled. lol

You legal state folks have no idea how good you got it. It's pretty much everywhere now but it's still sketchy in the illegal states.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    I'm just glad to hear someone is having this experience. The first time I ever purchased any was in freshmen year of high school. I gave this guy money and next class there was a pencil box under my desk with the most basic dirt weed you've ever seen. I thought I was going to get arrested and expelled. lol

You legal state folks have no idea how good you got it. It's pretty much everywhere now but it's still sketchy in the illegal states.
    That was why it was so weird for me.

I’m an old pothead from the 70s. We smoked the entire country of Colombia. 100% illegally.

It was a lot less tense, then. EVERYONE smoked pot. MY PARENTS smoked pot. My stepdad SOLD pot. Well, his barber sold it, so he did too. In the mid-70s, there were “head shops” (pot paraphernalia stores) literally EVERYWHERE. That all suddenly went away with NANCY REAGAN.

But going into a store that ONLY sells recreational pot, and it’s like this upscale mix of REI and the Apple store, where people are BUYING POT. LEGALLY.

Honestly, I never even imagined I’d ever see something like this. Discounts? Earned points I can use for next time?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Enjoy!

Trying an oldie but a goodie this weekend. Acapulco Gold (my pics) and here's a wiki link for history and whatnot.
    Thanks! Acapulco Gold?!?!? THAT’S STILL AROUND?!??

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    That was why it was so weird for me.

I’m an old pothead from the 70s. We smoked the entire country of Colombia. 100% illegally.

It was a lot less tense, then. EVERYONE smoked pot. MY PARENTS smoked pot. My stepdad SOLD pot. Well, his barber sold it, so he did too. In the mid-70s, there were “head shops” (pot paraphernalia stores) literally EVERYWHERE. That all suddenly went away with NANCY REAGAN.

But going into a store that ONLY sells recreational pot, and it’s like this upscale mix of REI and the Apple store, where people are BUYING POT. LEGALLY.

Honestly, I never even imagined I’d ever see something like this. Discounts? Earned points I can use for next time?
    Oh wow that sounds awesome, fuck Nancy Reagan! I misread your initial post as though you had never tried any before. I will say though if you are getting back into it after a long time away, be careful, it's a LOT stronger now. I took about a decade off and I was stunned how good stuff is now. One of the many reasons I prefer edibles these days is they are much easier to dose. But they also don't work for everyone the same way and I got lucky there. I figure I'll probably never smoke anything again. Why mess with the lungs if I don't have to. Can't wait for full legalization though, just so our uptight society has one less thing to be uptight about.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I like to watch this when I am stoned:

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Just saw this, and yeah it's crazy, but it'll be even cooler when it's like Amsterdam, and you can just roll into a coffee shop, check out a bong, or sit around a table passing a joint. There's already talk in LA about various venues for cannabis consumption, and it looks possible. I have a friend who is known as a sort of celebrity chef in the cannabis food world, and she would probably open a restaurant immediately. There would be a hurdle if the place was also serving alcohol, but I'm sure clubs will pop up with adjacent lounges to smoke pot in. People will find ways to bend the rules, and the authorities will get weary of wasting their time with it.

But yeah, the whole posh weed shop thing is something hilarious and awesome. Like, there's multiple big screen TVs listing all the different strains, glass counter displays, thirsty thursdays and munchee mondays, stamp cards... this one place I went into also sold crystals and referred to the 'budtenders' as "mermaids" and they sold pipes made from sea shells. They also had a strict rule that all the edibles they sold were vegan and contained no refined sugar.

Then again, on the other hand, there's super shady spots that are obviously breaking laws, and they harken back to an even grittier version of dealer hovel that's something like walking into Gary Oldman's apartment in True Romance. I used the ATM at one of those sort of spots, and then thought better of it and cancelled my card when I got back home.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I have had anxiety my whole life and edibles are a huge help to me. I take four gummies at night before I go to bed and they really relax me and put my mind at ease.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I have had anxiety my whole life and edibles are a huge help to me. I take four gummies at night before I go to bed and they really relax me and put my mind at ease.
    I do the same with infused lemonade although I'm using it more for pain. I like that if you follow the directions it's very consistent. I hate over doing it with edibles! I've got some little mints that are pretty good, too. Can't remember the last time I smoked pot.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Made a new themed mixtape...

Derby Beardo's Weekend Stash vol. 420.

Sort of a greatest hits of the previous 4 mixes...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Indica, Sativa, or hybrid?

I might try savita on Friday or Saturday night, but on a work night stick to indica or hybrid.