Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    COME ON, FELLAS.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I've lost to Sineater in Fantasy Football because Oakland D couldn't play Miami and Jabar Gaffney can't catch shit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well good news is that Sineater is already eliminated. And you can still make the playoffs if Revis and Butthead doesn't get at least 26 points from Rivers and Tolbert(which is right about what they should score except that they're all trying to get Norv fired and don't want to win).

Did I mention that Sineater didn't make the playoffs???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saints bitches! yeah I said it, who dat? what?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themethatyouknow View Post
    Well good news is that Sineater is already eliminated. And you can still make the playoffs if Revis and Butthead doesn't get at least 26 points from Rivers and Tolbert(which is right about what they should score except that they're all trying to get Norv fired and don't want to win).

Did I mention that Sineater didn't make the playoffs???
    I luv you.

Now, I'm going to have to watch tonight's game. So maybe Rivers has a shitty game because he wants to have the coach canned. Really? Is that possible or just a bad film script?

I can't watch. I gotta watch the Big Bad Bruins play Fifey's BFF Sid The Kid. Totally, worth it since David Krejci is totally chirping at Sid and getting under his skin. Wow.
    Last edited by Dra508; 12-05-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: because I'm awesome like that...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    They want Norv gone alright. But I highly doubt they'll sacrifice their own stats for it. So it should be close.

Hopefully my match won't be as close since Matthews should be almost the equal of Mojo and has points to spare.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wassup Bitches!!!! Glad ETS is back and running after a short break.

I got Gates going today for the Chargers but it won't really matter as I have already secured my 7th straight victory after a 1-5 start!!!! Don't think it'll do much for my seeding but glad to make the playoffs for the second time in my 4 years of ETS Fantasy Football (I think that's how long I have participated).

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    BFY, you kicked my ass this weekend. It wasn't even fucking close. There goes any shot of having a bye week.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Glad to have made the playoffs as well but I lost handily this week. The only reason I was even within 30 points was because of Ray Rice who is a goddamned beast.

It looks like me and BFY are locked in for a 4-5 matchup and kid will go up against either Dra or Revis and Butthead.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Haven't devoted enough time to the fantasy team. Sorry guys. The wedding and honeymoon cost me two weeks and last week I had no Internet from Thursday through Sunday afternoon. Here's hoping rivers has a huge game to tonight!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rivers blew it up. I am in!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogsipod View Post
    Rivers blew it up. I am in!
    Congratulations, I'm going to cry now.

"Phillip Rivers- I'm out because of that THAT guy. Waaaaaaaa."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    N
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Congratulations, I'm going to cry now.

"Phillip Rivers- I'm out because of that THAT guy. Waaaaaaaa."
    Sorry, my calcs are unofficial. Perhaps I mad a mistake....don't think so though.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    You're right. You deserve it. You're always on top in these leagues, even when you don't pay attention.

In the real world, all my Boston teams kick your NY teams asses.

BTW, congratulations on your nuptials. May you always appreciate each other and breed lots of little Revis and Buttheads.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow, have you hockey fans seen the big conference shake up news this morning? Apparently this will be affective as of next season.

I must say, I think I like it! Being a Calgary fan, it looks like with would increase of odds of facing a rivalry team in the playoffs, like the Canucks, or Oilers. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    There are definitely pros and cons to this. I'm actually shocked they didn't just switch Winnepeg in for Columbus or Detroit.

The major pro is there will be more rivalry games in the playoffs. That is a win for everyone. Plus every team travelling to every city at least once again is going to be great. The current rotating format was bullshit.

The only major con is that teams can have a lot of points and still miss the playoffs just by being in a tough division. The parity that exists now might not be in play starting next year.

Either way, I like it for the most part.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    while i like the change, i feel it screws my Isles. Having to play the 30 games of their schedule against NYR, WAS, PITT, NJ, and PHI is tough...double tough.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That's going to be one tough division...I mean conference. I don't understand how Tampa and Florida are in the same conference as Boston, Buffalo and the East Canadian teams.

Here's a pretty good look at the geography of the alignment.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Maybe Florida will moved or lose a team. I don't like unequal numbers. It nevers lasts long in sports....and I don't see the NHL expanding with two more teams.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm seriously pissed that Mark Buerhle is gone from the White Sox. He's easily been my favorite player over the last 10 years and his fast pitching style made the pace of the game so much better to watch. Now because Kenny Williams thought it would be a good idea to have Adam Dunn and Alex Rios at a combined $25 million and a constantly injured Jake Peavy at $16 million, We can't afford to bring back one of the two players that's actually been good consistently on this team. Williams should have had his ass shipped out the door along with Ozzie.

Holy crap, I just noticed they're paying $10 million a year for Juan fucking Pierre.... This team's going to be atrocious for another couple years at least.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Pujols to Angels for 10-years $250 mil

#nuts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Marlins have been going nuts with free-agent signings. Apparently the Angels decided they want to spend like the Marlins have been.

And if it isn't bad enough that Pujols stabbed Cardinals fans in the back and decided to take his talents to Disneyland, CJ Wilson is joining him. CJ accepted a deal for 5 years and "slightly over" $75MM.

The Angels are in Minneapolis April 9–12 for the Twins' Home Opener series. I've gone the past two seasons and still plan on getting a ticket for April 9. I'll have to be a lot more patient this time around to get it. It will be interesting to see how the Twins fans respond to seeing Pujols and CJ on the same team as Torii Hunter, who still gets a huge round of applause at every AB against his former team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great Pujols in our division just what the M's needed. Please get Fielder!!!!!! Fuck the Angels!Also fuck Manchester United and Manchester City have a fun time in the Europa League losers ahahahahaha even Chelsea at their worst can still hang with the big boys! Needless to say Arsenal made it through. Thank you Basel and Napoli!
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 12-08-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow @ Pujols. Just proves everyone has a price. But holy shit. 10 years between 250 and 260 million?! For playing baseball?! I'm clearly in the wrong profession. These ball players are just going to make more and more money. I don't even wanna guess how much money Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain are going to make in the next few years. But I bet they won't up as Giants haha.

Things are dismal for the A's. They are probably going to trade Gio Gonzalez and Trevor Cahill. They let all their free agents walk already. They refuse to do anything until they get a new stadium. They really are alienating fans. I won't be watching them this season.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    The Marlins have been going nuts with free-agent signings. Apparently the Angels decided they want to spend like the Marlins have been.

And if it isn't bad enough that Pujols stabbed Cardinals fans in the back and decided to take his talents to Disneyland, CJ Wilson is joining him. CJ accepted a deal for 5 years and "slightly over" $75MM.
    I honestly can't see how Wilson gets more than Buerhle... Everyone seems to think that he's younger since he's been in the league half as long. but in reality, he's about 18 months younger, and Buerhle has ten years of proof that hes more durable. For some reason, people think that because Wilson didn't do crap until his late 20's, he's going to somehow be better in his thirties. The dude is pretty good, but he's not nearly the sure thing Buerhle is. He should be getting like four years and $55 Million.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    The NBA is getting stupid... there's a reason why there was a lockout and it's because small market teams can't compete and draw fans. Good to see the NBA is right back at ignoring their product in those markets.
    Last edited by Canuckle; 12-08-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    The NBA is getting stupid... there's a reason why there was a lockout and it's because small market teams can't compete and draw fans. Good to see the NBA is right back at ignoring their product in those markets.
    Now, now - just because a Canadian team will never win an NBA championship doesn't mean you need to hate on the whole league.

And it was just announced that the Gasol/Odom/Paul trade is off.

Sources said that a group of NBA owners, assembled in New York for the ratification of the league’s new labor pact with the players, protested vigorously that the league-owned Hornets were trading Paul to the star-studded Lakers and convinced NBA commissioner David Stern to intervene.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 12-08-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Now, now - just because a Canadian team will never win an NBA championship doesn't mean you need to hate on the whole league.

And it was just announced that the Gasol/Odom/Paul trade is off.
    Now, now - just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean you have to assume I'm secretly angry about the Raptors.

The NBA is 4th on my North American professional sports totem poll; I just dislike seeing leagues hurt fans by trying to resolve a fundamental issue with the game, only to have that solution be window dressing. While I agree that Stern and the owner's don't have the right to veto the trade, I don't mind it.

But what a bad day for the NBA overall. The CP3 trade kibosh, Net's tampering with Howard, Roy retiring...

Good think the NHL is going strong!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    the problem with the NBA is the same thing problem with every sport. There are way to many teams.