Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Pujols to Angels for 10-years $250 mil

#nuts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Marlins have been going nuts with free-agent signings. Apparently the Angels decided they want to spend like the Marlins have been.

And if it isn't bad enough that Pujols stabbed Cardinals fans in the back and decided to take his talents to Disneyland, CJ Wilson is joining him. CJ accepted a deal for 5 years and "slightly over" $75MM.

The Angels are in Minneapolis April 9–12 for the Twins' Home Opener series. I've gone the past two seasons and still plan on getting a ticket for April 9. I'll have to be a lot more patient this time around to get it. It will be interesting to see how the Twins fans respond to seeing Pujols and CJ on the same team as Torii Hunter, who still gets a huge round of applause at every AB against his former team.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    The Marlins have been going nuts with free-agent signings. Apparently the Angels decided they want to spend like the Marlins have been.

And if it isn't bad enough that Pujols stabbed Cardinals fans in the back and decided to take his talents to Disneyland, CJ Wilson is joining him. CJ accepted a deal for 5 years and "slightly over" $75MM.
    I honestly can't see how Wilson gets more than Buerhle... Everyone seems to think that he's younger since he's been in the league half as long. but in reality, he's about 18 months younger, and Buerhle has ten years of proof that hes more durable. For some reason, people think that because Wilson didn't do crap until his late 20's, he's going to somehow be better in his thirties. The dude is pretty good, but he's not nearly the sure thing Buerhle is. He should be getting like four years and $55 Million.