Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    pretty much done with the NFL from how they handled CTE's blacklisting CAP lack of parity greed greed greed
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    pretty much done with the NFL from how they handled CTE's blacklisting CAP lack of parity greed greed greed
    -Louie
    I haven't done anything to directly put money in their pockets in years (don't wear memorabilia outside of the house and have never actually purchased anything that wasn't from a garage sale, don't go to games, don't subscribe to any services, don't visit their website, you name it). Still usually watch games on Sundays if the weather is bad (otherwise I'm outside...can't stand to spend a nice Sunday in front of the telly).

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    let's hope for a happy drunken riot in philly rather than an angry drunken riot.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    -Louie
    1 - Kaep wasn't blacklisted. His talent wasn't worth the distractions, real or perceived. (When Wentz got knocked out for the year, people were calling the Eagles organization racist for not bringing in Colin over Foles and now look who's holding a lead in the Super Bowl.) If a team thought Kaep could help them win, he would have played. It should also be noted that Colin opted out of his final year.
    2 - The mid-tier NFL is full of parity which is why Buffalo, San Diego, Tennessee, and Baltimore were all competing to lose in the first round on the last day of the season.
    3 - All sports leagues are greedy.
    4 - I'll give you concussions. That's been rough.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Foles looking pretty good thus far.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Americas team beats trumps americas team.

Suck that fat one brady!

Go eagles!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Americas team beats trumps americas team.

Suck that fat one brady!

Go eagles!
    Fuck yeah. My brother-in-law is crying. He's from Boston.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    1 - Kaep wasn't blacklisted. His talent wasn't worth the distractions, real or perceived. (When Wentz got knocked out for the year, people were calling the Eagles organization racist for not bringing in Colin over Foles and now look who's holding a lead in the Super Bowl.) If a team thought Kaep could help them win, he would have played. It should also be noted that Colin opted out of his final year.
    2 - The mid-tier NFL is full of parity which is why Buffalo, San Diego, Tennessee, and Baltimore were all competing to lose in the first round on the last day of the season.
    3 - All sports leagues are greedy.
    4 - I'll give you concussions. That's been rough.
    I contend that the Bills should have signed Kaep, if for no other reason than to have a genuine QB battle vs Taylor during training camp and preseason games. And now Taylor is almost assuredly out, leaving the team with a QB who threw FIVE interceptions in his first HALF of an NFL game and threw an INT in the red zone instead of connecting to keep the Bills alive in the playoffs. I'd once again welcome Kaep to the roster. He'd be leaps and bounds better than anyone they have now.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Also, thank you Eagles.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Amazing game. Very happy to see Patriots lose, especially to a PA team!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Al Michaels with one of the worst comments I’ve heard in sports:

“Another Super Bowl that ends on the last play.”

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm just post this pic because this makes me happy!!!!!!! Suck it Patriots!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post

Al's getting up there in years. He's still better than most at announcing games. I think my favorite NFL announcing team is Ian Eagle & Dan Fouts. Fouts is a great color commentator.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Any other football fans not watching the Super Bowl this year?

I told myself last year that I wouldn't watch another one with Tuberculosis in at QB. It's just boring, and the fact that both the refs and commentators seem to be sucking his dick all night is annoying as hell. Looking forward to spending the night grocery shopping in what will be a refreshingly deserted store before settling in for a night of catching up on missed episodes of favorite shows.
    I'm by no means a Patriots/Brady fan but he did play a great game yesterday. Amazing in fact, considering his age. He's getting close to the end though. He can't run for shit & the way the game is going, that's become a necessary component.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post

Maybe a poor choice of words, but we all knew what he meant.

Great game last night and now Philly has taken the "no one believed in us" narrative and flipped it on its ear with the "everyone believed we would destroy our city" narrative. Solid move.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    He was better than that biased pissant Collinsworth.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    The Olympic Women's Hockey tournament has been a fucking hoot.
    It looks like the US will meet Canada again for the gold medal game.
    The rivalry between the U.S. and Canada is insane; they seem to fucking HATE each other on the ice.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Goddamn, did you guys see the gold medal hockey game?!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Sister Jean and my Alma Mater, Loyola-Chicago, move on to Elite Eight WOOOO!!!

Go Ramblers!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Final Four, Loyola-Chicago vs. University of Michigan

Watching the game, I’m wearing a Loyola-Chicago t-shirt and singing “Hail to the Victors”

GAHHHHHHHH

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I haven't been this excited as a Mavs fan since Summer 2011. LUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I haven't been this excited as a Mavs fan since Summer 2011. LUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Cuban's going to be sending Divac a muffin basket or something. Jesus Christ.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm guessing no one here is watching the World Cup. I'm happy Brazil just beat Costa Rica and hope they beat Serbia in the next game they play. I really hope Argentina beats Nigeria. I fucking hate Cristian Ronaldo and his dumbass fans. They keep him calling him the GOAT. For me, to be the GOAT. You have to win a World Cup. Messi is the closest so far but he hasn't been playing well. I'm also rooting for Mexico.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Cristiano is singlehandedly powering Portugal to wins this WC. Also, who has a continental championship winner's medal?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'm guessing no one here is watching the World Cup. I'm happy Brazil just beat Costa Rica and hope they beat Serbia in the next game they play. I really hope Argentina beats Nigeria. I fucking hate Cristian Ronaldo and his dumbass fans. They keep him calling him the GOAT. For me, to be the GOAT. You have to win a World Cup. Messi is the closest so far but he hasn't been playing well. I'm also rooting for Mexico.
    I've been watching some games here and ther...
    Colombia decimated Poland yesterday, it was awesome, i'm glad they "woke up".
    Mexico has been playing great, i hope we beat Sweden next Wednesday, Uruguay is also doing great, they are among my favorites to win the whole thing...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 06-27-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Cuban's going to be sending Divac a muffin basket or something. Jesus Christ.
    I really hope this all works out. Dirk finally has someone to pass the torch to.

edit: The Mavs are getting DeAndre Jordan, aren't they?
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 06-28-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    World Cup action continues tomorrow! Perhaps due to the ease of streaming, I've picked this year to get into the World Cup (and perhaps soccer as a whole). Been loving it so far. I randomly picked Japan as the team I'm rooting for, so we'll see how that goes. They have next to no chance of winning it all, but miracles can happen. My next step after the Cup ends is to do some research and pick a club I can follow year-round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    World Cup action continues tomorrow! Perhaps due to the ease of streaming, I've picked this year to get into the World Cup (and perhaps soccer as a whole). Been loving it so far. I randomly picked Japan as the team I'm rooting for, so we'll see how that goes. They have next to no chance of winning it all, but miracles can happen. My next step after the Cup ends is to do some research and pick a club I can follow year-round.
    If you are after an English Premier League team and love being angry, dismayed and on edge every weekend; join me and follow Southampton. Added bonus, the Japanese defender Yoshida plays for them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I really hope this all works out. Dirk finally has someone to pass the torch to.

edit: The Mavs are getting DeAndre Jordan, aren't they?
    They seem to want him which is curious. Not only does he not have the range of other successful big men, but his age doesn't make a ton of sense for where the team should be going.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    They seem to want him which is curious. Not only does he not have the range of other successful big men, but his age doesn't make a ton of sense for where the team should be going.
    Looks like a one year deal. That’s not too bad. Dallas isn’t winning a title next season anyways.