Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Like I think I said earlier, when Chara was a Senator, everyone boo'd him too. Does that not happen to any really good player when they are the visitor? I think that still happens to Chara in other cities.

As for the fans, don't know what they specifically said, but I know The Bruins condemned them.

I missed the comeback third period today. Argh
    Yeah, I know its not all fans. The team and players have been classy about it IMO.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    The team and players have been classy about it IMO.
    So true, on both sides

Boston Sunday Globe said:

Shawn Thornton was not happy the way P.K. Subban went down on Thornton’s attempted hit on the Montreal defenseman, a play that resulted in Thornton limping off the ice early in the third period. The right wing did return to the game halfway through the period.

“I don’t like people ducking,” Thornton said. “I think Marchy got about five games for it once [on Sami Salo]. I will say, off the draw he apologized afterward, so there’s that. I think it’s a dangerous play, personally. But it’s playoffs, it’s hockey, I’m fine, so we’re OK.”

Thornton’s right knee hit Subban after the defenseman had gone to the ice, and Thornton went into the boards. He got up in significant pain. Asked about the injury, Thornton joked, “It’s a concussion.”
    Said Subban, “I don’t know what happened. I just tried to shoot the puck around the zone and I sort of lost my footing there. Obviously you don’t want to see anybody go off hurt, but he came back.”