Page 36 of 94 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Niiiice. P.K.'s Other Little brother Malcolm plays net for The Bruins AHL team. Talented family.
    Malcolm did a good job for Canada at the U20s, even if the team as a whole under performed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just got tickets for the outdoor Sharks/Kings game! Woop! Sitting in the nosebleeds though. Should be fun.

Less than a week until the regular season starts? As per tradition, here's my season predictions. Last year I only guessed 9 of 16 playoff teams and only 1 division winner. Wooop

Atlantic
    1. Tampa Bay*
    2. Boston*
    3. Montreal*
    4. Detroit
    5. Ottawa
    6. Toronto
    7. Florida
    8. Buffalo

Metropolitan
    1. Pittsburgh*
    2. New York Rangers*
    3. New York Islanders*
    4. Columbus*
    5. Washington*
    6. New Jersey
    7. Philadelphia
    8. Carolina

Central
    1. St.Louis*
    2. Chicago*
    3. Minnesota*
    4. Dallas*
    5. Colorado
    6. Nashville
    7. Winnipeg

Pacific
    1. Los Angeles*
    2. Anaheim*
    3. San Jose*
    4. Edmonton*
    5. Vancouver
    6. Phoenix
    7. Calgary

I think Tampa will have the best record in the league. Edmonton will be this years Colorado aka team that plays unsustainably good hockey and makes the playoffs. Detroit's playoff appearance streak finally ends and Babcock leaves to join the Leafs after Nonis and Carlyle are fired.

I think we see at St.Louis/Tampa Bay final, with the Blues winning their first Stanley Cup.

All of this is probably wrong.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Nice list. I have Columbus as this years Colarado but I don't see Edm going even at .500 because Columbus is in a easier division. Weaker teams and less travel really shows towards the end of the season.
    Last edited by icecream; 10-02-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    This is for you @Sarah K

HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR SATURDAY!!!!!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    This is for you @Sarah K

HOPE YOU'RE READY FOR SATURDAY!!!!!
    DUDE! I am SO EXCITED for this! Like, I can't remember being this excited for a game in a LONG time. It feels like something is different this year. But this will be the test of the season. I have a feeling we will implode. We're due for it. I hope they at least hang for a while, though.

I'm seriously so pumped. Like, to an unreasonable level.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    DUDE! I am SO EXCITED for this! Like, I can't remember being this excited for a game in a LONG time. It feels like something is different this year. But this will be the test of the season. I have a feeling we will implode. We're due for it. I hope they at least hang for a while, though.

I'm seriously so pumped. Like, to an unreasonable level.
    I feel the same way. I think Nebraska has a shot though. Other than Oregon and that second half implosion, MSU has played some paint cans. Honestly, this is the real Big 10 Championship game. Good weekend of college football ahead, but this game is going to be my main priority.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got to attend last weekend's epic come-back win by the 49ers, over the Eagles. Wow, that game was one hell of a fun roller-coaster ride of emotions. Great memory!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I feel the same way. I think Nebraska has a shot though. Other than Oregon and that second half implosion, MSU has played some paint cans. Honestly, this is the real Big 10 Championship game. Good weekend of college football ahead, but this game is going to be my main priority.
    I mostly just want Ameer to remain in the discussion for the Heisman. That likely won't happen with our usual 4 losses. That kid is great - on and off the field. I think(hope) that we at least hang with them for a while. This game is getting so hyped up. Tomorrow is going to be the longest day! People in Nebraska don't have a grip on reality. Everyone wants Bo fired - because of the 4 losses per season. This isn't fucking 1995, people!

Even if Nebraska drops this game, they should win out the rest of the season with the exception of maybe Wisconsin. And I'll be going to the Northwestern game on my birthday, so I won't be shocked if they lose that one, either. Haha.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I mostly just want Ameer to remain in the discussion for the Heisman. That likely won't happen with our usual 4 losses. That kid is great - on and off the field. I think(hope) that we at least hang with them for a while. This game is getting so hyped up. Tomorrow is going to be the longest day! People in Nebraska don't have a grip on reality. Everyone wants Bo fired - because of the 4 losses per season. This isn't fucking 1995, people!

Even if Nebraska drops this game, they should win out the rest of the season with the exception of maybe Wisconsin. And I'll be going to the Northwestern game on my birthday, so I won't be shocked if they lose that one, either. Haha.
    Bo is a good coach, I mean, it's not like he's Bill Callahan. This is going to be a fun game, I hope Connor Cook can retain his pace, dude's been a dark horse Heisman candidate. I think the conference is a lot better than people are giving it credit for.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Nice list. I have Columbus as this years Colarado but I don't see Edm going even at .500 because Columbus is in a easier division. Weaker teams and less travel really shows towards the end of the season.
    I thought Colorado would finish 2nd or 3rd to last in the west last year, so it could be possible lol. I like Columbus. They are good, but not great in pretty much everything. Well, they have great goaltending. They really need to get Johansen signed though. Edmonton has a bunch of weapons up front, a questionable defense core and a wild card in net...all like Colorado before last year. I feel like the Central all got better, except for Colorado and Winnipeg. Besides the California teams, it's the wild wild out in the Pacific. Should be a fun season.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Just got tickets for the outdoor Sharks/Kings game! Woop! Sitting in the nosebleeds though. Should be fun.

All of this is probably wrong.
    Is it going to be cold enough?

I hope Nonis doesn't get fired, though it seems like a set up for failure. He is a good guy (I know him).

Being in Dallas now, I'm going to have to follow The Stars, but I probably will forever bleed Black and Gold.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Days like today are why I will never understand NFL fans who don't like college football. Today has been absolutely incredible!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Days like today are why I will never understand NFL fans who don't like college football. Today has been absolutely incredible!
    I love both, I love the NFL much more, but Saturday's like last night are amazing, you honestly never know what's going to happen. The top 25 is going to look a hell of a lot different from last week to this week and that excites the hell out of me.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I love both, as well! I just hear a lot of people hate on college while they jack off over the NFL.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Is it going to be cold enough?

I hope Nonis doesn't get fired, though it seems like a set up for failure. He is a good guy (I know him).

Being in Dallas now, I'm going to have to follow The Stars, but I probably will forever bleed Black and Gold.
    It should be fine, the one in LA last year seemed to go off without a hitch.

Toronto is probably the hardest place to have a job in the NHL. I think the media really likes to create stories that aren't there.

The Stars will be great this year. And they have black and gold in their colors...so there's something

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    It should be fine, the one in LA last year seemed to go off without a hitch.

Toronto is probably the hardest place to have a job in the NHL. I think the media really likes to create stories that aren't there.

The Stars will be great this year. And they have black and gold in their colors...so there's something
    Oh no, Boston sport journalists are like lynch mobs. Tom Brady was on life support this past week.

The Stars has a few former Bruins so I'll cheer them Plus, I'm going to focus on college hockey this year for personal reasons.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Footage from Jules Bianchi crash. Doesn't look good.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=818_1412603603

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    NHL 2014-2015 season starts tonight! Fuck yeah!
    Enjoy everyone!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Does anyone really like the half-time/post-game on-field interviews? I would be so happy if something like this happened: http://wondermark.com/1k67/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    That was a very entertaining game. Great way to start the season! (NHL, MTL V.S TO)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oh no, Boston sport journalists are like lynch mobs. Tom Brady was on life support this past week.

The Stars has a few former Bruins so I'll cheer them Plus, I'm going to focus on college hockey this year for personal reasons.
    There are only like three Boston writers I follow for Pats articles. They are ridiculous.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    There are only like three Boston writers I follow for Pats articles. They are ridiculous.
    You're from Texas! Impressed

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    For real tho, I've never really been into sports all that much, but my fuckin' boys in The Royals are making me hella proud for KC right now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    That was a great game last night, even thought the O's couldn't really get anything going. They blew that one in the 9th. Gonna be a great series though.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Won my first fantasy football game this week against Sin Eater, that kind of makes it that much sweeter.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I got my arse kicked by cracks' ass crackers. Makes me uncomfortable just saying that name. Matt Ryan, Dez, and Marshawn all failed me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hawks lose to the Cowboys at home (credit to the Cowboys they were the better team) and I am getting crushed in Fantasy Football.....yeah can we move on to next week already

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    What a walk-off HR last night for Wong, awesome!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Sharks with 2 shutouts to start the season. I'm still not convinced. The Sharks start hot every season. This doesn't feel any different. Alex Stalock is going to be the starter by the end of the year though. Dude is a gamer.

Finally going to be .500 in fantasy football. Only 5 more weeks until Josh Gordon returns!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    You're from Texas! Impressed
    Yep. I've loved the Pats since I was a child. I thought they were the real america's team. We're going up there for the game against Denver in a few weeks! It'll be the fourth one I've been to.