Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Big news of last night is that Chris Pronger is going to be out for the rest of the season with severe post-concussion syndrome. This could be it for his career as well. I hate the motherfucker but no one should have their season or career end like this.

Too many good players going down because of this.
    I agree. Hockey has gotten so fast and hard. The good ol days when guys could barely skate and you got out of the way of a slap shot are over.

On the concussion side, what's this bullshit about McCoy's team not checking him for a concussion after he got crushed? Tap out dude.

EDIT: And I just learned that the NHL doesn't require mouth guards. Optional? Are you kidding me?
    24/7 Flyers/Rangers just started. I feel like such a fly on the wall. Both coaches are from Massachusetts so it's slightly more interesting for me. I'm surprised, but not shocked that they both drop f-bombs harder and even more frequently then Boudreau.

Kid - I'm sorry you having a tough season. If you can make it to Fenway, I'll buy you a $10 hot dog and sing Sweet Caroline with you.
    Last edited by Dra508; 12-18-2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Sunday morning Joe burst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I agree. Hockey has gotten so fast and hard. The good ol days when guys could barely skate and you got out of the way of a slap shot are over.
    One of the reasons is that they limit the goaltender to that stupid trapezoid behind the net. Since he isn't allowed to go into the corners, players race to get the puck and have a higher chance of getting hurt. Someone has to be done because they've had a crazy number of concussions in the past few years. As was mentioned, Chris Pronger may be done forever, and he's only 37. I don't mind that Crosby isn't playing, but it sucks for him considering he has been out since January (aside from 8 games). And then I have two guys on my fantasy team that are out because of concussions, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more, and I'm sure more are going to occur.