Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Why do you guys dislike the Hawks so much?
    Mostly because Kane is has mullet.

I mean come on - I root for The Red Wings if they were still around.

As for World Cup news.

Goldman Sachs' Prediction to win

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I root for The Red Wings if they were still around.
    My Wings are in a different conference now. Finally.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    And we're done!
    Nice run by the Habs. We will continue speculating about the end-result in the event that Price had not been injured in game 1.
    NY was definitely the best team on the ice for most of the series. Terrible performance by the Habs last night. Looks like we ran out of gas.

A lot of players won't back next year. Vanek being one of them. Talk about a "no show" during those playoffs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Congrats to the Rangers. The Habs played admirably through this series, especially while losing Price. They'll be a good team in the years to come.

I have a feeling the Kings are going to win tonight...yuck.

Vanek is probably going to end up in Minnesota or something.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Man, last night's Spurs game nearly gave me a goddamn heart attack. I scared off three people by yelling so much during the game. Then I waited in line at Academy to get my Western Conference Champions gear while drinking OE 800 in the parking lot. What a memorable evening.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tonights Kings/Hawks game 7 is going to be one for the fucking books.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Lived up to the bill. 1st conference finals game 7 OT game since 1994 when...you guessed it, the New York Rangers defeated the New Jersey Devils to reach the Stanley Cup.
    Kings/Rangers should be fun to watch.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Kings in 5.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    With no playoffs for my Leafs, I'd been enjoying the Marlies run to the Calder cup. Sadly that ended yesterday, with a game 7 loss in the conference finals to Texas. Ugh.

As far as the NHL, thinking Kings in 6 but it should be a decent cup final. Looking forward to seeing Quick battle Lundqvist. As resilient as the Kings have been, they got lucky against questionable goalies like Niemi/Stalock, Hillier/Gibson, and Crawford, and they won't be able to get away with some of those comeback shenanigans against Lundy. Given what they've been through its impossible to go against them, but it's not going to be as easy as a lot of people think.

As far as the NBA, I am ok with Miami three peating if it means the breaking up of the troika. That said, I am a die hard Raps fan but my favourite player in the league is hands down Tim Duncan. I'd really like to see him get ring #5. He is criminally under appreciated when it comes to being one of the games all time greats. Maybe this would finally put him in the conversations he needs to be in, although I doubt it. Either way it should be a fun finals rematch and I shall enjoy it regardless of outcome. If I had to pick, I'll go Spurs in 7 since they have the home court this time.

As I gradually shift to a 100% focus in baseball over the next two weeks, at least the Jays are in first place. It's still early but it's been a ton of fun. What a month from EE. He loves talking those parrots for walks. Joey Bats is ripping it too. Nice to see young guys like Gose and Stroman contributing. Going down on Sunday to see the Cardinals who are in town (was hoping to catch a Wacha start but doesnt look like its going to happen. At least we miss Wainwright too then). And how about Mark fuckin Buerhle leading the league in wins? 10-1, 2.10 ERA. I've always been a fan of his back in his white sox days, but the fact I'm getting to see a run like this from him in a Jays jersey is just amazing.

4.5 game lead on first place in the AL East in June? Awwwww yeah. The fact the Red Sox and Rays are struggling is an awesome bonus. Huge two games against the Tigers next couple days. Dickey hopefully pitches well tonight. GO JAYS GO

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quick has been pretty shaky this post-season. I'm picking the Rangers in 6. I gotta feeling...aaand I probably just jinxed it.

Jose Bautista and EE have been tearing it up for my fantasy team.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Rangers in 6?? You're not jinxing anything, you're just wayyyy out there with this prediction.
    I mean there's a chance I'll look like an idiot two weeks from now but we'll see

But seriously, Kings beat Chicago and Anaheim both of which are better than NY in my opinion.
    I think it's not even close on paper.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It is a little bit out there haha. I dunno. For as good as the Kings have been, the Rangers have been quite resilient and I feel they have more to prove than the Kings. Of course that means nothing and of course the Kings are way better on paper. I think it will be far more interesting than some of the pundits are making it out to be.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I hear you and I believe I'm being unfair with regard to NY since I'm still a bit pissed at the outcome of the previous series.
    Anyways, good to have hockey back on TV. Should be a fun game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Kings in 7.

Heat in 6 (ooof tough call).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Anyways, good to have hockey back on TV.

Where did it go?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The New York Henrik Lundquists will win the Stanley Cup in 6 games.

The Spurs will beat the Heat in 5 and Lebron will appear very sad and I will laugh. Tim Duncan is the Nick Lidstrom of the NBA. His class, skill, and intelligence for the game are unmatched by any of his contemporaries. I just hope a win doesn't lead to his retirement just to go out on top.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I have a really strong feeling Lundqvist will win it for the Rangers. As BHS pointed out, Quick has been really hit or miss but he could equally put the Kings ahead. I can't make a prediction, could go either way.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    The New York Henrik Lundquists will win the Stanley Cup in 6 games.

The Spurs will beat the Heat in 5 and Lebron will appear very sad and I will laugh. Tim Duncan is the Nick Lidstrom of the NBA. His class, skill, and intelligence for the game are unmatched by any of his contemporaries. I just hope a win doesn't lead to his retirement just to go out on top.
    Man, how I've missed you Fifey!

I don't want to sound ignorant of the Stanley Cup, I'm rooting for New York, Lundqvist has been insanely good all post season. Not many people are giving the Rangers a chance, but then again, they were a heavy underdog in the last round.

I'm not quite sure about the Spurs though. I obviously want them to win, but I'm already set for them to break my heart again.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well, that's a great start for the Lunquists. 2-0 early. Woot.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    That didn't last too long!

OT in game 1. Wow!
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 06-04-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Justin Williams seems to always be attached to big goals.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    Well, that's a great start for the Lunquists. 2-0 early. Woot.
    I want to have all of Lindquist's babies. I'm sure you do too.

/waves at Fifey

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who's going to watch the Belmont Stakes tonight? California Chrome has a fair chance of being the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978. He would make his great-great-great-great-grandpa Secretariat proud!

edit: oh well, it was fun while it lasted...
    Last edited by marodi; 06-07-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Tonalist, you dream crusher you...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i'm from dallas, so i'm a HUGE mavs fan.
    But San Antonio is close enough.
    And i love anyone trying to beat Miami.
    GO SPURS!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Am I the only one who's going to watch the Belmont Stakes tonight?
    I've been boycotting horse racing for a while after watching Eight Belles get euthanized but we had to watch this one. Forth place, ugh. But the Belmont is a real bitch. Such a great story behind that horse, though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Formula 1 in Canada today, love this circuit! #GoLewis

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Formula 1 in Canada today, love this circuit! #GoLewis
    I forgot to record it and from what I've heard it was a really good race. Currently 're-watching' it on the Live timing app.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    I forgot to record it and from what I've heard it was a really good race. Currently 're-watching' it on the Live timing app.
    It was good, definitely not what was expected!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Great race indeed. F1 weekend in Montreal is always enjoyable especially when we have great weather like that.

Back to hockey tonight. Let's see if NY can rebound from those two OT loss. Will be tough.

Tough was an understatement apparently. Looks like LA will sweep this one. Incredible.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 06-10-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Welp. The Kings certainly deserve it at this point. Doubt we'll see two 3-0 comebacks in one playoff.