Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Free season tickets, lower bowl, 7 rows up on center ice? YES PLEASE. Starting tonight, baby!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bitchin'! How'd you manage to get free season tix?

Sharks 7-0, best start in franchise history! Finally going to a game on Tuesday. LOL at Washington last place in the NHL with Calgary.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My wife's uncle owns a property development company here in Van (which is great for our condo as it's one of his buildings too, lol) and he's often too busy to go with his gf. So, he dropped off the booklets this morning and basically said 'Alright, I get priority...if I wanna go, I'll swing by and grab the tickets. If I can't make it on game days, I'll text you in time so you can go. And I usually don't have time to go.'

'Works for me.' LOL.

And as for the Sharks...I don't wanna talk about it haha.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Luuuuuuuu!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    And welp the Sharks lost too, of course after making my first post about them this season. I really like Luongo, hope he's able to either keep the starting job or be traded to a good team. His twitter account is pretty funny.

Super Bowl today. I think almost every person I know (since it's the local 49ers) will be watching but I will be hiking hah.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    How's Gomez doing? lol

Habs have a solid start so far. Just scored some sweet tix for the game against Toronto next Saturday.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Gomez has been just fine so far actually haha. 2 assists so far and he's been solid defensively.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/rav...-awards,31147/

"Alex Smith was also honored with Best Actor in a Supporting Role"

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Gomez has been just fine so far actually haha. 2 assists so far and he's been solid defensively.
    I guess that's fine at $700k/year.
    At $7.5M you would be cursing at him in your sleep.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Oh I completely agree with that haha. He should have never been paid that kind of money in the first place (Thanks Rangers!). He doesn't have to shoulder any major load here. He's not playing against any other teams top 2 lines (so he doesn't even have to be that stellar defensively) and he's seeing 2nd unit PP time and actually finding chemistry with Havlat and Couture. Good times here. I think Clowe and Murray could be on their way out this season. Both have been just slow and haven't contributed anything at all, other than less than timely penalties and defensive miscues.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    4-1 Vancouver in the beginning of the third. I'd call that a pretty good lead.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    My wife's uncle owns a property development company here in Van (which is great for our condo as it's one of his buildings too, lol) and he's often too busy to go with his gf. So, he dropped off the booklets this morning and basically said 'Alright, I get priority...if I wanna go, I'll swing by and grab the tickets. If I can't make it on game days, I'll text you in time so you can go. And I usually don't have time to go.'

'Works for me.' LOL.

And as for the Sharks...I don't wanna talk about it haha.
    Have you been able to attend a few games?

I got tickets for Habs game against Toronto last week. Worst game of the season. Lost 6-0.
    At least the food was free!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah been to about 4 this season so far. Off work in about 10 minutes so gonna scream home as fast as I can to catch the Canucks/Blackhawks game with the wife and some friends...

Free food at an NHL game? I refuse to believe it...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    We have the "Desjardins zone" which you can literally eat all you want for free. Tickets are $289+tx though.
    Got them from a lawyer.

So yeah, we got our ass kicked but I gained 10 pounds.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The beers at Rogers Arena here in Van are $9.25 for a can of Budweiser. Shitty, domestic, Budweiser....nine. twenty five.

'Hmm...do I want these two beers? Or a case for home?'

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Pre-drinking never feels quite as good as when you're going to a game or show at Rogers. "I'm already hammered, I don't need your goddamn overpriced swill! But since I'm drunk I might buy one at some point anyway..."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

That Canuck who took out Hossa now needs to DIE.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    SUCK ALL THE DICKS, DALLAS!! 4-2 Vancouver in the 3rd!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The Sharks are sucking all the dicks right now. Last place in the Pacific after starting 7-0. Chicago is just so fucking good this year. Kane is my current MVP pick. And how about that Hossa OT goal tonight. The Oilers are basically traffic cones defensively but still...damn.

Still good to have hockey back. I'm actually really excited about the A's this year. Everyone and their mom around here are Giants fans so I get shit about that.

How about Danica Patrick finishing 8th in the Daytona 500? I don't really give a shit about NASCAR but for someone who has as much attention and probably pressure as she does...it's pretty impressive.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So does anyone want to play fantasy baseball again this season? I'll start the league if we have enough interest.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    GSP!

Diaz is gonna be doing post-fight interviews from the hospital.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd love to see Diaz tear him apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess the "dark space" GSP was going to bring to the fight was another boring decision.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Volt Phantom View Post
    I guess the "dark space" GSP was going to bring to the fight was another boring decision.
    Diaz did't even come close to winning a round.
    GSP even stood up with Diaz and that little punk couldn't do shit.

I don't care if he doesn't finish his figthts. He is the best technical fighterot there. Like a scientist playing a chess game.
    No one can figure him out and beat him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure you're not biased at all about GSP...

Regardless, if he's so technical and impressive you would think he could finish a fight for a change. It's difficult to do that when you're fighting not to lose and for points though, and that's what makes him one of the least exciting guys in MMA.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Of course I'm biased.

But in the end what matters is who wins and who keeps the belt. It would have been freaking dumb to stand up for 5 rounds against Diaz.
    He took him to the ground within 15 seconds of the first round and it completely took Diaz out of his game plan. Even when he stood up, GSP looked better than Diaz in rounds 3-4.
    Maybe he can't finish a fight but no one can't even get one judge to score the match in their favor against GSP.

Hendricks should be interesting though. He's a lot more powerful than Diaz and more well-rounded fighter. However, his cardio sucks. He would not have lasted 5 rounds against Condit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh my good god, Kevin Ware...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Oh my god, it makes me never want to jump in the air again. The only other time I remember being that disturbed from a leg injury like that was when this professional wrestler Sid Vicious jumped off the middle rope of the wrestling ring and had his leg snap backwards...but nothing like this where a man's BONE is sticking out of his leg. Horrible. There's a picture circulating online of him being rushed away with what looks like medical professionals with gloves on taking pictures of him. Kind of sick..

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Joe Theisman's leg break made me wretch.