Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    BFY and I had ourselves a low scoring suck fest this week...and I won.
    Fucking New York Jets defense!!!!(and Martellus Bennett) God damn our teams under preformed. Congrats though I was 0.3 points worst lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Woo! A's clinch at least one of the Wild Cart spots. Whoulda thunk that a team with the lowest payroll in the AL would make it this far. Would be awesome to sweep Texas and win the AL West. But I just don't see that happening. The playoffs will be fun but I'm not expecting much with this all rookie rotation.

So over this NHL lockout.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    A's win again! Winner of tomorrow's game takes the AL West. Haven't felt this elation in a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The AL East and West races have been so entertaining to follow this past month, especially since the Indians shit the bed mid season and have fallen into the abyss. As much as I wish the Yankees would be out of it completely, I would love to see a one game playoff between them and the Rangers in the wild card spot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Sweep! The A's win the AL West! Unbelievable. So if the Yankees win today, the A's will play Detroit and if the Yankees lose they will play the winner of the Wild-Card game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Sweep! The A's win the AL West! Unbelievable. So if the Yankees win today, the A's will play Detroit and if the Yankees lose they will play the winner of the Wild-Card game.
    The Rangers lead the division for 178 days! The longest ever in MLB to not win it. The A's have only been in first place once by themselves this season.....that is today! Incredible!!!! Congrats A's!!!

The Yankees win the division with a win or Orioles loss. If they lose and the Orioles win it will set up game 163 for the Division crown! Another exciting ending to the regular season in baseball!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched a few innings of the A's/Rangers game yesterday, and couldn't believe how bad the Rangers looked. One play in particular, Hamilton was moving to catch a fly ball, it bounced off his glove, and he half-addedly walked to pick it up. It looked like a total lack of care and effort on his part to make up for the fact he just cost his team an out.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Fucking New York Jets defense!!!!(and Martellus Bennett) God damn our teams under preformed. Congrats though I was 0.3 points worst lol
    I think Kid actually lost.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Yeah! What the fuck? That stat correction is some serious bullshit. FUCK!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I think Kid actually lost.

Hahaha oh shit Stat Corrections reverses the decision! I edge out Kid by 0.1 points...... I feel like the Hawks after the Monday Night Game against the Packers. Stole one that's for sure! Wow.

EDIT: Saw the change, it was one of only three stat corrections in our league.2 involved players on teams and one was the Tampa Defense that is a free agent. What are the fucking chances! Anyways I guess Jamaal Charles got docked -0.4 points for a loss of 4 yards. Which was what made me go from being 0.3 down to winning by 0.1. Sorry Kid don't know what to say.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 10-04-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I got Golden Tate'd. I really need a victory this week.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    First 2 weeks of the NHL season cancelled. What the fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At this point, I'm expecting a long holdout by both sides. Anytime you read "The sides are still about $1 billion apart", you know you're doomed.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
    At this point, I'm expecting a long holdout by both sides. Anytime you read "The sides are still about $1 billion apart", you know you're doomed.
    That's insane. There's a billion dollars to go around in pro hockey? No way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    That's insane. There's a billion dollars to go around in pro hockey? No way.
    Apparently, there's 3 billion. Jesus I just wanna be able to watch hockey.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone watching baseball playoffs? Was tough watching my A's drop the first 2 against the Tigers but they were resilient tonight. I think if any team has a chance to come back, it's them. Everything this team has done has been not probable so far. Plus it helps that the last 2 games are in Oakland and the Tigers are the only team with a losing record on the road in the playoffs. Where's Fifey? Can we make an avatar bet or something?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've been swamped at work and haven't seen any of the playoffs, except highlights on sportscenter at lunch yesterday. Sounds like the A's played well with their backs against the wall and the season on the line, but I don't think they can beat Scherzer *and* Verlander to come back and win the series. I'll take any friendly bet you offer :-)

My brother-in-law is a huge Giants fan, so I'm hoping for them to bow out in the first round with a humiliating elimination game perforamance.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Looks like the Giants and A's both pushed for game 5. Last night's A's game was insane. I honestly thought it was over after the 8th. The Tigers practically dominated most of the game. So stoked right now. Well not stoked entirely because Verlander is pitching. Should be a good game with Parker on the mound.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Poor Roster management made me loss my ff to Trish. FML.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Storen was left in the game way too long. Jesus fuck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All the teams that forced a game 5 lost except the Giants.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't consider myself a sports fan but earlier today, my dad was watching the Honduras-Canada World Cup Qualifier since he couldn't get it on TV and had to borrow my laptop. Wow... this is definitely a day to remember. Honduras killed Canada 8-1. My dad is Honduran and he's just over the moon about it. 8-1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I don't consider myself a sports fan but earlier today, my dad was watching the Honduras-Canada World Cup Qualifier since he couldn't get it on TV and had to borrow my laptop. Wow... this is definitely a day to remember. Honduras killed Canada 8-1. My dad is Honduran and he's just over the moon about it. 8-1.
    Playing in Estadio Olímpico Metropolitano in San Pedro Sula, Honduras is no fucking joke that place is tough as any place to play in the world and the national team was not messing around today!

The Hexagonal, the final stage of World Cup qualification for 2014 is set with Mexico, Honduras, Panama, USA, Jamaica, and Costa Rica. It takes place from 6 February to 15 October 2013. Each team playes each other in an Home and Away series, so a total of 10 matches. Top 3 teams gain qualification to the 2014 World Cup in Brasil and the 4th place team will play the Oceania confederation winner which more than likely be New Zealand in a 2 Leg (home and away) playoff for a World Cup birth.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Only one game away! GO GET 'EM, TIGERS!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rooting for the Tigers right now, as I'm sure everyone who isn't a Yankees fan is. I'm pleased with how the A's season went, considering this team wasn't supposed to be competitive at all.

Kinda indifferent between the Cards and Giants.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    hau. baut. dem. tigs.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I'm rooting for The Tigers. Cousins and friends from MI and yeah, they shut up the ol' Yanks.
    This is awesome though - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...6082--mlb.html

As for FF, I benched Chris Johnson and the fucker posts 25 points!! ARGH

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So sports. Giants. NBA. NFL. Soccer. NASCAR. Yadda. I miss hockey.

1st place in FF for now! Feel pretty good about my team heading down the stretch. We still have 7 people in this so far. Really exciting.

And I miss hockey.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    NHL is a pretty big bummer. These lockouts are ridiculous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My Hawks continue to roll going into the bye week under BeastMode Lynch and Rookie Russell Wilson (seriously why isn't he getting NFL Offensive Rookie of the year love like Luck or RG3) and my Fantasy Football team is headed for its 4th straight loss.

Btw Rams and 49ers play to a tie first since 2008 and the infamous Donovan McNabb. Both teams had a chance to win but couldn't make it happen.