Page 7 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Anyone down for fantasy baseball?
    I'm in if we do it this year, and so is the wifey. Just key us in on the details.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Zidlicky to the Devils...interesting.

And the Canucks are first in the NHL!!! Woot!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am down for fantasy baseball. Can we not use the "Can Not Drop Option" in fantasy sports anymore. I am unable to upgrade my hockey team because of this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I will set up the fantasy baseball league on Monday and send invites to you guys + anyone who's participated in the past.

I'll see what I can do about the "Can Not Drop Option"... I don't like that either. But we gotta make sure no one gives up and drops Pujols or something.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Canucks lose to Dallas, 3-2 in OT. Oh well, still got a point, and it WAS the third game in 3 days!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Will do! I'm going to be setting it up later this week. Spring training games haven't even started yet so we got some time

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Anybody read this article about UCLA basketball in SI? Shit is absolutely crazy about how Ben Howland had players toking up, dropping E and getting into mischief. It's sort of sad because this is such a storied program, probably right behind Duke and UNC, and this report could cost him his job. I got to meet Ben in 2008 when the Final Four was in San Antonio and he was such a nice guy and extremely focused on the task at hand. They ended up losing in the first game, but they played their asses off and always respected him and the program since he sort of revived it. Now I don't know what to think, are college sports that diluted that we can overlook foolish behavior in favor of winning? I feel like for every story like this in college basketball, we have four of these in college football.

Unrelated, we have a new AFL team in town and they're scrimmaging tonight. I've never watched much Arena League Football, but it should tie me over till July when we start reporting to camp.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So a friend of my roommate runs this sports blog and his podcast is great. Check out his latest regarding NCAA March Madness.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Buffalo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: fuck you, ETS/board formatting, for not letting me yell about long, long overdue good news in the most depressing football city in the country.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Nofolking way!!!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hey, did we ever get a fantasy baseball league going? If so, I'd like in.

Crazy week in sports. 2 15 seeds win round one. Dwight Howard decides that one year of being an attention whore isn't enough and opts for a second. The Bears get a Legit number one receiver... who may be going to jail. And we still don't know where Peyton is headed, but the 49ers would be instant Superbowl favorites if he chooses them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was expecting the Dark Horse to be the Texans. But, with Moss now with the 49ers adding some extra firepower (if he still has it) it could well work out. I wouldn't be surprised if a 6th Superbowl is the result. If Harbaugh can nearly do it with Smith he can do it with Manning. I'm not sure Manning could live with Elway in Denver, and maybe Manning does want to avoid the Titans, and meeting up with the Colts again. Winning a Superbowl somewhere else would still give them a kick in the ass for ever cutting him.

If Manning doesn't go to Denver I would laugh so hard if Luck refused to play for the Colts and quit for Denver. What 'team' Irsay?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Suck a dick, Columbus! Ginger Goalie wins again AND has an assist!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Manning to the Colts and sad end to the Tebow era lol but this makes the Broncos the best in the AFC West unless SD gets their shit together. I don't know if this will lead Denver to the promise land or anything that remains to be seen. As for my beloved Hawks we got Matt Flynn on a pretty cheap deal 3 years I think The contract is worth $26 million with $10 million guaranteed which is not bad I suppose if he does work out. Though I'm more incline to think he'll be more like a Hasselbeck 2.0 which wasn't too bad for our franchise.

As for Fantasy baseball if you all are doing again this year hook a brotha up

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Aww hell, I'm in for Fantasy Baseball too.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Manning to the Colts and sad end to the Tebow era lol but this makes the Broncos the best in the AFC West unless SD gets their shit together. I don't know if this will lead Denver to the promise land or anything that remains to be seen. As for my beloved Hawks we got Matt Flynn on a pretty cheap deal 3 years I think The contract is worth $26 million with $10 million guaranteed which is not bad I suppose if he does work out. Though I'm more incline to think he'll be more like a Hasselbeck 2.0 which wasn't too bad for our franchise.
    And what happens to Tebow? Someone said New England. Bwahhahahaha.

Last night, The Boston Bruins pasted The Maple Leafs 8-0. I'm going finally get into hockey now that it's the first day of spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    And what happens to Tebow? Someone said New England. Bwahhahahaha.
    Oh dear god no. McDaniels or nor McDaniels. And they already have Mallett and Hoyer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The circus continues this time in New York as the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets! Acquire Saint Tebow. Sanchez better watch his back.

I guess Sean Payton also go suspended a year Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely, general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended for eight regular-season games, the team was fined $500,000 and lost two second-round draft picks (one in 2012 and '13) for their little bounty stunt.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I love Mark Sanchez, I tell people I'm related to him, but I have no doubt that by the end of the season, Tebow starts. He'll actually have some weapons because he had jack shit in Denver and still won.

As for the Saints. Goodell is going to piss a lot of football fans off. I understand player safety and I understand the Saints lied to him, but Year suspensions for Payton and Greg Williams is overboard. Thing is, this franchise is fucking up bad. There's this hoopla, there's still Drew Brees who isn't locked up, and they lost some key guys. I've never seen a franchise go from the gold standard to absolutely fucked this fast.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Pfft whatever, Goodell had to punish them. He had to.

The Law Firm signed with The Bengals - I'm a sad Pat.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    OK, I went ahead and created the fantasy baseball league. Draft is set for Tuesday at 8pm central time. We can change that if need be.

League ID is 166573Password is ets

The more the merrier. There is no "no cut list" in case we don't get enough people and guys drop like flies. Honor system, people.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Let's get some motherfuckin' Jayhawks up in this bitch. Fucking Bill Self, I swear. Dude was always talked about how he couldn't win the big one, nearly gets canned in '08, beats two number one seeds to do something Roy Williams never did, win a title in Kansas. Almost gets fired this year, projected outside the top ten, overachieves, gets a number two seed when people said they were no better than a three, and beats Carolina again. I've never seen a coach who shits the bed against weak teams like Bucknell and absolutely chess play with the best. Probably the best big game coach out there, and now he's two more wins away from being untouchable in Lawrence. Hats off to him, couldn't happen to a better person and I hope he brings it home again...anyone but Kentucky, fuck Coach Cal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Fifey for the FB sign up! Looks like we might have to push the draft back until we get more teams though. C'mon people Get down!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Signed up for fantasy baseball this morning, but right now there are only 4 teams.

Fifey- Thanks for starting the league. Can you push back the draft a bit to get everyone in? I'm thinking Monday night would be a decent time since the season doesn't start until next Wednesday.

Everyone else- sign up damnit! I counted at least 9 people saying they were interested, so lets get it going and try for at least 10 total.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Draft is now Friday at 8pm. Sign up!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Jason Taylor walked in my store. I hid in the back like a little girl. He drinks caramel lattes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mariners win 3-1 start the season 1-0 in the rugged American League West! Ichiro makes his return to the Land of the Rising Sun! Now ready for the second game today at 2 am local time! lol only 71 more wins guys! And yes please sign up for FB now!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i am in on the FB. dissapointed to see i am not the only one with an ichiro theme name.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I know we're getting at least one more person signed up for fantasy baseball today, but that puts us at 7 people. We need 1 or 3 more still!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm in. Thanks to fifey for setting it up.

In other news, the Sharks are more than likely not making the playoffs. Gotta win out to make it pretty much. Goddamnit.