Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Looks like a one year deal. That’s not too bad. Dallas isn’t winning a title next season anyways.
    Agreed. Why pay $24 mil for him to chase an eight seed though? I'd rather take a flyer on Jabari Parker with that money.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Agreed. Why pay $24 mil for him to chase an eight seed though? I'd rather take a flyer on Jabari Parker with that money.
    Yeah true. I guess they’re infatuated with the idea of Luka throwing up lobs to Deandre and Dennis Smith Jr.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Need to gauge how many of you all want to join fantasy football this season. PM me if you're interested.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Come on Les Blues!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Check out Urban's weak explanation for lying about knowing he had a frequent abuser on his staff.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    College athletics need to be burned to the ground.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Can't fecking wait for UFC 227 tomorrow

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Need to gauge how many of you all want to join fantasy football this season. PM me if you're interested.
    Thanks for asking me arsehole. Wait, did I even play last season So much going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Guys, I'm so fucking sorry. I've been so busy at work and have not had time to myself. I know it's short notice, but would anyone be interested in taking the reins on this? I can hardly log on as is to start a league and bit off more than I could chew. I fucked up, my bad.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm down for playing. Unsure how effective I'd be at running it again. Starting grad school and working at least two different jobs.

If we need someone to so it I prob can, but we'd likely fare better if someone else did it.

I know a few other internet friends joined in last year. Do y'all want me to ask them again?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm in for fantasy football, and will be able to actually participate this year and not completely drop the ball like I did last year. I've got too much to be able to commish the thing though.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ...i just can't with this right now. http://arizonasports.com/story/16342...-game-arizona/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Did people still want to do FF? If we need someone to be the ETS Roger Goodell, I can do it. I volunteer as tribute.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Lolll. I wanna play!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I would be down for some ETS fantasy football.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The GOAT just got paid. 4 years, over 100 million in guarantees. Biggest contract in NFL history.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The GOAT just got paid. 4 years, over 100 million in guarantees. Biggest contract in NFL history.

The GOAT? Did Manning unretire?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All kneel before your lord A-A-Ron hahaha

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The GOAT? Did Manning unretire?
    I think you are all forgetting about Brady.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think you are all forgetting about Brady.
    *fart noise*

I'll give Brady longevity, but his stats don't really seal his claim as the GOAT. (Also, Super Bowl appearances/victories are overrated in football. Way too many people on a roster to have that be the greatest measure.) Manning was a statistical monster that won his team a ton of games they had no business winning. He also lost his share in the playoffs but, had his defense not been manufactured out of rubber bands and old postcards, he wouldn't have had to make some of the decisions he did. While I may live in Indianapolis, I am no Colts fan. In fact, I hate the damn team.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Unemployed, mediocre position coach Zach Smith is having a full blown meltdown on Twitter, and using photos of his children in an attempt to garner sympathy.

https://twitter.com/CoachZachSmith

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    *fart noise*

I'll give Brady longevity, but his stats don't really seal his claim as the GOAT. (Also, Super Bowl appearances/victories are overrated in football. Way too many people on a roster to have that be the greatest measure.) Manning was a statistical monster that won his team a ton of games they had no business winning. He also lost his share in the playoffs but, had his defense not been manufactured out of rubber bands and old postcards, he wouldn't have had to make some of the decisions he did. While I may live in Indianapolis, I am no Colts fan. In fact, I hate the damn team.
    Peyton Manning had a top five defense in terms of points in 2002, 2005, and 2007. That argument doesn't hold a candle. Manning also had a KILLER receiving group his entire career. Let's also not forget Peyton Manning melting down in the post season multiple times. SB 48, early post season losses to the Pats. His favorite receiver during one of those was Ty Law (goddamn shame he is not in the hall of fame.)

If i am down, in the fourth quarter in a Super Bowl, who do I want my QB to be? Brady. And it's not even close.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Peyton Manning had a top five defense in terms of points in 2002, 2005, and 2007. That argument doesn't hold a candle. Manning also had a KILLER receiving group his entire career. Let's also not forget Peyton Manning melting down in the post season multiple times. SB 48, early post season losses to the Pats. His favorite receiver during one of those was Ty Law (goddamn shame he is not in the hall of fame.)

If i am down, in the fourth quarter in a Super Bowl, who do I want my QB to be? Brady. And it's not even close.
    I understand what you're saying, but it's wrong. Look at those Colts game logs and take into account their garbage division and schedule.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I understand what you're saying, but it's wrong. Look at those Colts game logs and take into account their garbage division and schedule.
    Weak schedule is a piss poor argument. The 2016 Patriots were clearly the best team in the NFL in 2016, but played a shit ton of of terrible teams. So does that diminish that in any way? Peyton Manning was a statistical monster, yes, but how much of that could be attributed to his terrible division? See how that works?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Weak schedule is a piss poor argument. The 2016 Patriots were clearly the best team in the NFL in 2016, but played a shit ton of of terrible teams. So does that diminish that in any way? Peyton Manning was a statistical monster, yes, but how much of that could be attributed to his terrible division? See how that works?
    It most certainly diminishes it. At least a little. Same could be said about Manning's stats, but you'd have to apply that to Brady as well because, let's face facts, he's not exactly in the world beater division.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It most certainly diminishes it. At least a little. Same could be said about Manning's stats, but you'd have to apply that to Brady as well because, let's face facts, he's not exactly in the world beater division.
    Exactly my point. Who cares what your schedule is? You play your schedule, if you put great numbers, you do.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Exactly my point. Who cares what your schedule is? You play your schedule, if you put great numbers, you do.
    My main point is that Brady's stats don't support him being the GOAT. He relied heavily on an great defense, mediocre position players (but only up until a certain point), and the best coach of all time. Manning had outstanding receivers, Tony Dungy (meh), and a defense that could be described as mediocre at best.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My main point is that Brady's stats don't support him being the GOAT. He relied heavily on an great defense, mediocre position players (but only up until a certain point), and the best coach of all time. Manning had outstanding receivers, Tony Dungy (meh), and a defense that could be described as mediocre at best.
    Brady has the stats, the game winning drives, was just as good pre snap as Peyton, and Brady does have the GOAT coach. I don't think bill hits GOAT status with out brady. I think it was a perfect storm with those two really. My favorite Brady stat is how well the team does when he throws the ball 50 plus times in a game. New England is 18-7 when Brady throws the ball 50 times in a game. Peyton Manning is 4-13. Also mind you that Brady shredded the Legion of Boom the following year after Peyon's record setting offense got shut down.

edit: Funny stat that i just read about Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay is 0-35 in games where they trail 1 or more against teams with a winning record.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Brady has the stats, the game winning drives, was just as good pre snap as Peyton, and Brady does have the GOAT coach. I don't think bill hits GOAT status with out brady. I think it was a perfect storm with those two really. My favorite Brady stat is how well the team does when he throws the ball 50 plus times in a game. New England is 18-7 when Brady throws the ball 50 times in a game. Peyton Manning is 4-13. Also mind you that Brady shredded the Legion of Boom the following year after Peyon's record setting offense got shut down.

edit: Funny stat that i just read about Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay is 0-35 in games where they trail 1 or more against teams with a winning record.
    Those numbers are crazy. Don't get me wrong, Brady is great, but Billy still gets GOAT status. He went 11-5 with Matt-fucking-Cassel. I, as a Chiefs fan, know exactly what Matt Cassel is capable of and it's not 11-5.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Those numbers are crazy. Don't get me wrong, Brady is great, but Billy still gets GOAT status. He went 11-5 with Matt-fucking-Cassel. I, as a Chiefs fan, know exactly what Matt Cassel is capable of and it's not 11-5.
    Cassell also inherited the team that went 16-0 too. I don't think that does anything to tarnish Brady. You could give Mark Sanchez that team and he would take it to 11-5 probably. Bill is the GOAT coach as well. I think the combination of the two was a perfect storm really.