Page 67 of 94 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    She's done for sure. She just stood there and got lit up.
    I showed my wife the video this morning, and even she was shouting, "Put your hands up!".

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I showed my wife the video this morning, and even she was shouting, "Put your hands up!".
    She needed to gor for the clinch at the bell. Ronda has no standup skilks. No wonder she avoided Cyborg like the plague.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    She needed to gor for the clinch at the bell. Ronda has no standup skilks. No wonder she avoided Cyborg like the plague.
    Exactly. She looked like she was trying to play defensive/counterattack, which has never been her style up till this point ?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Kansas City takes the two seed!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I love watching the NFL playoffs, and this weekend is off to a good start in that regard. I don't cheer for team that ever makes it, so it's a month of games where I get to just cheer for an interesting game regardless of who wins.

Except the Patriots. Fuck those guys.*

*by typing this I have all but guaranteed that they will win it all. Again. Fuckers.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    more pat hate
    -louie

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Those two games yesterday were terrible. Here's to hoping that today is better!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    GAH this title game. Nothing compares to college football to me. Nothing. Love the NFL, but it will never compare to college ball.

I love it when people don't understand football, so they dismiss it as "dumb". The intelligence required to play even at the college level is remarkable. Everything that has to be memorized, the split second decisions, reading coverage... So few are capable of it at an advanced level. Perhaps that is true of all high level team sports. I just do not know enough about the others to say that.

Sad to see the season be done, but what a way for it to go out.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Scarbrough going down stalled the fuck out of Alabama's offense. Every time I watch Hurts play, I am blown away that he is a true freshman. Fucking 18 years old, man. Unreal. I'm sure they'll win one before they're both done.

I loved Swinney's comment after. Something to the effect of beating the best team in the country... up until the last second.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Hold that tiger!!!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Amazing article from GQ about a former high school players concussions and eventual suicide: http://www.gq.com/story/the-concussi...l-football-cte

I love watching football, but damn does the culture need to change. The bullshit about being "tough" and "not showing weakness" is ruining peoples lives and is eventually going to lead to someone dying on the field. (And all this says nothing of the sexual assaults and general "bro dude" attitude that seems so prevalent.)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    THE FALCONS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Amazing article from GQ about a former high school players concussions and eventual suicide: http://www.gq.com/story/the-concussi...l-football-cte

I love watching football, but damn does the culture need to change. The bullshit about being "tough" and "not showing weakness" is ruining peoples lives and is eventually going to lead to someone dying on the field. (And all this says nothing of the sexual assaults and general "bro dude" attitude that seems so prevalent.)
    Players have died on the field before (it's very rare, but it's happened). Several others have died in the following days, be it directly from injuries, suicide, etc. I enjoy watching football a lot less now than I did a few years ago - it's starting to feel utterly pointless at the professional level. I'm all for a friendly game of two-hand touch at the park, but pro football seems like we're doing nothing more than offering massive financial incentive to put people at risk.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    For the first time ever, I got scammed when trying to buy tickets off of a scalper.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    For the first time ever, I got scammed when trying to buy tickets off of a scalper.
    Ouch, I'm sorry.

I'm thrilled that The Pats and Falcons are playing in the SB. Matt Ryan has tied to New England so Pat fans can't be complete dicks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I'm thrilled that The Pats and Falcons are playing in the SB. Matt Ryan has tied to New England so Pat fans can't be complete dicks.
    I think you're underestimating Pats fans.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    So, apparently I didn't get scammed... They sent me my money back. I dunno what the fuck happened!

Still wish I could have been there.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Glad you at least got your money back.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Going to make the trip down to Houston to tailgate for the game. Pretty excited. Hopefully New England wins or that drive home will be absolutely terrible.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Four hours ago I believed P. Manning was the best QB ever. I have been proven wrong.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Nah. Even before this, Brady was the best. Tonight just solidified that.

*waits for conspiracy theories about the Patriots cheating*

What an incredible collapse on the part of the Falcons. Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I blame my father for this. He said at the end of the third quarter that the game was over and he said the Falcons were going to score 50 more points and shit. He was talking too much during the fucking game alienating my brother-in-law (who is a Patriots fan and is from Boston) as my mother wanted him to shut up and I ended up leaving because I couldn't stand him talking too much.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Fuck this... Ima go right back to not giving a single solitary, frosty fuck about sports. Hey, god, why are you doing this to me? All I wanted was for Tom Brady to lose this... was that so much to ask?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I think this was whatever cosmic force out there that has it in for me's way of reminding me to wait until the clock hits 0:00 to celebrate. Fuck, this was gutting. But at least Gaga killed it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm from New England and am wicked phuckin' happy. GO PATS!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Fuck this... Ima go right back to not giving a single solitary, frosty fuck about sports. Hey, god, why are you doing this to me? All I wanted was for Tom Brady to lose this... was that so much to ask?
    He's punishing your city for having to take on the greedy-ass Rams and Chargers.

That and Atlanta seemed to go into "burn the clock mode" after scoring 28 about Hal way through the 3rd. Hard to get the mojo back when a team does that. Odd since they didn't do that 2 weeks ago against Green Bay.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    There is one good thing about the Patriots victory. It was a big fuck you to Roger Goodell.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Four hours ago I believed P. Manning was the best QB ever. I have been proven wrong.
    John Elway, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, and others didn’t have the advantage of being part of an over decade long class act organization that consistently fielded championship caliber talent around them on offense and defense. Plus Belichick has been to football coaching what Phil Jackson was to basketball coaching in the 90s and early 00s. Not to take away from Tom, his name definitely belongs in that discussion of best all time QB for sure. He is a beast. It’s just tough to call it with the organization being so dedicated to winning. You have to wonder how many rings would guys like Brett Favre or Jim Kelly have won if they had played in their prime on these same Patriots teams from 2000-2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah, but take comfort in knowing that they still lost the most important one to the Giants in 08. Bet they’d trade two or three other super bowl wins to have kept that perfect season intact.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    John Elway, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, and others didn’t have the advantage of being part of an over decade long class act organization...
    They've been caught cheating at least once and have been the subject of numerous inquiries, so...