Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Alright, here goes…

I can’t deny his personal skills or accomplishments, but Kobe Bryant was one of the last throwbacks to that mid to late 90s mentality of hero-ball, that is to say not a team player. That garbage brand of b-ball where play after play teams would dump the ball to the team “star” at the top of the key and the other 8 players clearout to watch the one-on-one showdown. That shit made basketball hard to even watch in the mid to late 90s. Of course the Bulls won a 3-peat and a 72 win season in that era, the league was garbage and the Bulls were like 1 of 3 teams at the time who knew how to run legitimate plays as a team.

It’s great to see a resurgence of fundamental team ball over the last decade, like the Spurs, Pistons, Celtics, and now the Warriors. I always thought Kobe stymied the Lakers from winning more championships than they did because of his mentality, plus the organization capitulating to him.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Holy shit...the Celtics look awful tonight.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    My Hawks destroyed them. *cackles*

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    My Hawks destroyed them. *cackles*
    And my Hawks are getting destroyed. Almost double the amount of shots on goal and still losing these games. The only game where the shots were close the Hawks won. I don't have them picked to win this year, but g'damn.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    And my Hawks are getting destroyed. Almost double the amount of shots on goal and still losing these games. The only game where the shots were close the Hawks won. I don't have them picked to win this year, but g'damn.
    Oh no. I want the Blackhawks to win.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard
    I always thought Kobe stymied the Lakers from winning more championships than they did because of his mentality, plus the organization capitulating to him.
    If Kobe hadn't run Shaq out of LA, I truly do believe they would've won AT LEAST 6 rings together. Also, if the Busses didn't basically bow down, they could've actually built a decent team but instead they kissed Kobe's hand and gave him that salary cap killing monstrosity of a final contract that sealed their fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports
    That's the direct result of losing Bradley. I gave them a fighting chance before the injury but damn shame it happened.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Cubs game was ridiculous last night. Arietta threw a no-hitter and they scored 16 fucking runs. Complete domination.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The Pacers couldn't buy a foul in the first half last night and the game I expected to be the worst - and therefore didn't watch - ended up being the best. Solid night of viewing for me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I hope the Patriots can land a solid offensive tackle in the second round. I think if Nate solder can stay healthy this year, the offensive line will be much better than it was in the AFC Championship game, because not only will Solder be playing, but Vollmer will be playing his natural position on the right. They just need a swing tackle to play sparingly. I wouldn't mind a runningback also.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Did we end up getting those picks back, from when Brady got suspended/fined and all that?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    No. You still have no first rounder.

Eagles moved up to 2 to get, presumably, Carson Wentz, though our GM was careful to say that we would take either Goff or Wentz, depending on what the Rams do. Everyone's assuming they'll take Goff, so that should mean we get Wentz. I really think this is the kind of move we needed to make - say whatever you want about it being a weak QB draft, Wentz being an FCS quarterback (so was Flacco), all that shit. The fact of the matter is that the Eagles have been in QB purgatory for seven years, ever since sending McNabb out to pasture. Kevin Kolb wasn't the answer, Vick wasn't the answer, Foles wasn't the answer, and I don't think Bradford's going to be the answer, either. We're also rarely ever bad enough to be in the position to draft a game-changing QB. The closest we got was 2013, but we had to pick up Lane Johnson instead. There's no telling when we'll ever be in the top 5 in the near future, especially because our team is set up to have a floor of 7-9 just like last year. Mediocre will never get you the pieces you need - just ask the Rams and the boatload of picks they had to give up to get into a position to really change their franchise. Band-aid QBs don't get the job done and I'm tired of trotting them out every year. Bradford can ride out his contract and then step aside for Wentz. And if he sucks, hey, we tried. And we'll try again.

Also, good on the Browns for getting out when they didn't see what they wanted to take. Build a team with the bounty of picks, draft all the pieces around QB, and then get the QB when the rest of the team is ready to contend. I really think there'll be a significant improvement for Cleveland in the next few years. Hopefully this will be the one.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Wonderful job, Blackhawks! Let's wrap this one up please now thank you!

Also, in case you forgot--Suck it, Daniel Cormier. That title you didn't beat the champ for is going to be back where it belongs real soon.

A great night for MMA and hockey!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I’m not really a big fan of the Warriors, but I hate to see Curry go down like this. It would have been something to see what this team could really do, but missing his 30 points 5+ rebounds and 6+ assists a night for several weeks will really hurt this team’s playoff run. The Clippers are quite capable of beating the Warriors without Curry in round 2.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    And I may have jinxed the Clippers, looks like Chris Paul may be hurt now. We might just be destined for a Spurs-Cavs rematch.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Congratulations to the St. Louis Blues. Gotta love when any series lasts all seven games.

Let's go, Islanders!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    islanders are making franchise history and the mets are doing great. i caught 3 mets game this past week and saw syndergaard, harvey and degrom today. fun time to be a sports fan on long island.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

PARTY IN THE 6IX TONIGHT!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The Chiefs drafted a guy who was dismissed for choking and hitting his pregnant girlfriend and was projected undrafted. I do not feel good about this.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    James Harrison officially sticks it out for one more year. <3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Vardy! Also, Hala Madrid!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Weird NHL playoffs this year.

I'm happy my Sharks shook off the Kings, but I feel like the Preds might be too much to handle. Then again, it's only the Perds.

The rest of the 2nd round series are surprisingly entertaining. Feel bad for the Caps. They'll need a helluva comeback. But the Pens entered the playoffs as the darkest horse and have clearly proven they are the best Eastern Conference team.

LOL Antti Niemi

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Advanced stats nerds had the Pens as favorites in the East but I thought the Capitals would crush them. 3-1 Pens, at this point, I don't see the caps crawling back.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Last night's game was gross. It was an amazing hockey game, but as a Sharks fan it was mind blowing-ly gross. I hate complaining about officiating, but c'mon. Between all of the faceoff redo bullshit (the feed that I was watching was pointed out it happened every few faceoffs and they were all clean wins for both teams) and the Pavelski non-goal (which was called off in the first place for going off of his glove...not goalie interference) it just stunk.

Best of 3 series now. It should be good. The Preds have all the momentum, but they've already played so much hockey in a small amount of time.

I'm actually amazed with the Pens. Basically playing the third string goalie, Crosby isn't his usual dominate self and they still win with Letang out for a suspension. They are playing with house money and it's actually kind of fun to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kilmarnock avoided relegation today by thrashing Falkirk 4-0 and 4-1 on aggregate, thought we'd beat them to stay up but never thought we'd outplay and out score them, if we'd played like that most of the season we'd never have been in that position in the first place

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    OKC is killing it and Russell Westbrook is unreal.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The Sharks have made the final! I'm legit weeping

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    The Sharks have made the final! I'm legit weeping
    Congratulations. I'm going to cry over here and just watch some D league (ECHL) hockey this weekend. Tickets are a fraction of the price of a regular season NHL game and they drop coupons to Olive Garden from a drone in between periods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    OKC is killing it and Russell Westbrook is unreal.
    Somehow, OKC is playing way better than they actually are. Good for them. But they’ve done this before, in 2012 they got hot in the playoffs and beat teams better than them in the west. They better pray that if they make it to the finals again, that balloon doesn’t completely deflate on them like last time.