Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    and lynch just kept hope alive in my money league with that TD. im lookin decent to pull into 1st in ets fantasy this week too. good stuff all around.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Going to my first Avalanche game next weekend in Denver! So stoked.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    the mavericks have pulled into the number 3 spot in the west and are only a game and a half behind San Antonio.

I really wanna see some good seasons these last few years that Nowitzki plays.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    knicks are +500!

if melo and porzingis can gel this could really open up doors for a solid player or two to come to ny and then we can make a real team. nyc is an amazing basketball market dying for a decent team.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    the mavericks have pulled into the number 3 spot in the west and are only a game and a half behind San Antonio.

I really wanna see some good seasons these last few years that Nowitzki plays.
    The Mavericks had some good runs over the years with Dirk, but it‘s over for them as well as the Spurs as far as championship hopes. The real questions, barring any injuries, are how many wins will the Warriors rack up before they finally lose one? And will Cleveland get it together enough to really challenge the Warriors in the finals this year? Golden State is a wrecking ball right now and the rest of the league looks like a house of cards against them so far.

The 95–96 Chicago Bulls were an extremely talented team that rampaged through what was at that time an extraordinarily mediocre league for 72 wins. It would be incredibly tough for the Warriors to keep on pace for 72 wins, but man early on does it ever look like the same kind of recipe shaping up this season.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Psarty the fuck on! Beat them buckeyws. Next xtop big gtehn hcmapss

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    The Mavericks had some good runs over the years with Dirk, but it‘s over for them as well as the Spurs as far as championship hopes. The real questions, barring any injuries, are how many wins will the Warriors rack up before they finally lose one? And will Cleveland get it together enough to really challenge the Warriors in the finals this year? Golden State is a wrecking ball right now and the rest of the league looks like a house of cards against them so far.

The 95–96 Chicago Bulls were an extremely talented team that rampaged through what was at that time an extraordinarily mediocre league for 72 wins. It would be incredibly tough for the Warriors to keep on pace for 72 wins, but man early on does it ever look like the same kind of recipe shaping up this season.
    i don't expect dallas to go to the finals again, but i sure would like to see them play for the conference championship, just to do Dirk some justice you know?
    i can honestly say that he is my hero.
    but i don't think we'll be talking about dallas as serious contenders for at LEAST a few years, when Dirk is a memory.

As far as it being "over" though, i'm an MFFL (mavs fan for life,) so it's NEVER over

I moved to dallas when i was 8 (in 88,) cheered for them when they were the worst team in the league, got my heart broken the first time we lost in the finals, cried tears of vindication and joy when we swept the lakers, was honestly shocked that we beat the heat, and skipped work for early morning beer drinking and attending the victory parade with 250,000 other jubilant dallasites as we watched dirk butcher Queen's We Are the Champions and caught glimpses of him, jason kidd, Jet Terry and the rest of the crew

i fucking LOVE the mavericks. My parents started taking me to West Texas State games as soon as i was old enough to walk, and when we moved to Dallas, it became all about the mavs, because i was raised to root for the motherfucking home team.

But i agree. Dallas won't be a dominant force in the west until we are talking about a younger, revamped and rebuilt ball club.
    That being said, it's still fun to watch the mavs. It's not depressing like in football (dallas cowboys cough cough) where there are so few games that once you're fucked for the year, you're fucked

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    i don't expect dallas to go to the finals again, but i sure would like to see them play for the conference championship, just to do Dirk some justice you know?
    As a personal fan of good team basketball in general, the Mavs have a team of sound veteran players with experience. If they stay healthy they should have a solid season and may even make some noise in the playoffs. Same goes for the Spurs.

I moved to dallas when i was 8 (in 88,) cheered for them when they were the worst team in the league, got my heart broken the first time we lost in the finals, cried tears of vindication and joy when we swept the lakers…
    I just remember J.J. Barea making the Lakers look silly in that series. That sweep was the undoing of that Lakers team, and the orginization or Kobe have still not recovered from it.

…was honestly shocked that we beat the heat, and skipped work for early morning beer drinking and attending the victory parade with 250,000 other jubilant dallasites as we watched dirk butcher Queen's We Are the Champions and caught glimpses of him, jason kidd, Jet Terry and the rest of the crew
    Because of his pairing of size and skill set, Dirk has been one of the most unique players the league has seen. Unfortunately the Mavs as an organization didn’t consistently put better complimentary pieces around Dirk to make the team a more perennial contender, like the Spurs did with Duncan. If only Steve Nash had stuck it out in Dallas, they might now have 2 or 3 champion banners instead of just the one. It was one of the most confounding things watching Dallas meltdown in the opening round against 8th seed Golden State in 07, and I can’t see that having happened if Nash had still been there. I think Dallas got bounced in the first round of the playoffs for the next three years straight after that 07 waxing. I just think that was a huge ego blow for Dirk and the Mavs that unfortunately set them back several years and stymied a potential Mavericks dynasty. But I was impressed to see Dallas get it together for that 2011 championship run.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Supposedly LSU is going to buy out the contract of Les Miles.

Lame.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    shitty week for me in fantasy but ill take the win. still in first, time to make some room on you guys.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    shitty week for me in fantasy but ill take the win. still in first, time to make some room on you guys.
    seriously, I'm in a downward spiral. Need to hold on for the playoffs.

In other sporting news, I went to a EPL match last weekend. So-much-fun I must have smiled the whole time. Freaking cold, but probably dressed.

Oh yeah, and I just got free ticket to tomorrow's Cowboys - Panthers game. First time at Jerry's World.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Packers O-line is fucking shamefully awful right now.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I swear, these fucking spartans need to get their shit together. My heart cant take these close games,.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Anyone want to hook me up with some fantasy advice? I need a win to clinch the division.

Pick two (1/2 PPR): Decker, Ivory, Amendola.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Packers O-line is fucking shamefully awful right now.
    Only because of injuries though. Also:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    gl in the playoffs everyone. happy i took 1st for the season!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    You know something. As much as I love the Falcons and I will be a Falcons fans for life but I knew they weren't going to beat the Panthers. What I didn't expect was for them to get their asses kicked like that. 28-0 in the first half only to eventually lose 38-0 in the end. And this picture says it all...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I want the Panthers to go undefeated *SO* bad.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    A 1995 expansion team being the first since 1972 to have a true perfect season would be great. It seems like they've always been the best overall of the expansion teams since '95.

Eagles told LeSean McCoy to eat shit today. I'll always love what he did for us as a player, but good God, you're not the first fucker to be traded, and you need to get the fuck over it. I don't care if you've lived in Pennsylvania your whole life, this is your fucking job and you make millions. You deserved to be shut down the way you were today. Pull your head out of your ass and move on. We don't want you back.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I want the Panthers to go undefeated *SO* bad.
    And as much as I never want to go against the Falcons, I too want to see the Panthers go all the way to the Super Bowl.... undefeated. Just once in my lifetime, see a team do the impossible and make it to Super Bowl undefeated and win it. I know there's probably those who are much older than us that probably saw the Miami Dolphins did that in the early 1970s. Why not us?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I want revenge! Hopefully the Hawks end the season hot and take out both the Cardinals and Panthers in the Playoffs. BTW Russell Wilson should be an MVP Candidate at the very least, his stats are better than Cam Newton's but I suppose I understand why he is the front runner and got nothing against that but I am just saying Russ is killing it. Hopefully the Hawks win at least 2 out their 3 last games and secure the 5th seed to face the NFC East champ.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

ETS FF playoffs - Battling @Sarah Kfor a spot in the finals! Whoop woop.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I lucked out that I had a Bye last week. I would have lost my ass against anyone, probably.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    im about to lose because i left sanders on my bench. oh well, good season everyone.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    And as much as I never want to go against the Falcons, I too want to see the Panthers go all the way to the Super Bowl.... undefeated. Just once in my lifetime, see a team do the impossible and make it to Super Bowl undefeated and win it. I know there's probably those who are much older than us that probably saw the Miami Dolphins did that in the early 1970s. Why not us?
    As a dolphin fan, I believe that shit a curse on us and would love to see a team take it so that fucking curse can be lifted.

My dolphins have been such a shitty team for so long that I have just been watching other teams play to at least enjoy the football season.

I would love nothing more than for cam Newton win a super bowl over tom Brady and those fucking patriots. Enough of that team already and can't wait till him and bilicheck retire.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Fffuuu. I hope Megatron goes tonight!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Fffuuu. I hope Megatron goes tonight!
    Bwwaaaahhhhh

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I should have never doubted Ben.

Mentioned