Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    my fantasy squad is lookin sad since bell and smith died last week. i thought i grabbed deangelo williams but i think i got fucked by priority, oh well. hopefully my wins so far and a few more will get my into the playoffs.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    @Kid Charlemagne omg... That fucking game tonight!

That shit was crazy. That felt like an actual Nebraska game again. The crowd was actually in it. The boys were hyped up, and they upset one of the best teams in the country.

I thought for sure they were going to lose at the last moment again!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Packers are getting dunked on. Hysterical.

If the Panthers hold onto this, I think people will finally shut up about them not being the real deal. They obviously have problems on offense, and I think Cam will run into something he can't carry the team through eventually, but they have looked great all season, and they're still undefeated. I like it.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    @Kid Charlemagne omg... That fucking game tonight!

That shit was crazy. That felt like an actual Nebraska game again. The crowd was actually in it. The boys were hyped up, and they upset one of the best teams in the country.

I thought for sure they were going to lose at the last moment again!
    This was insane. MSU played awful, like they have all season and I was for certain thinking that they'd pull it out...then the play. Kudos to Nebraska for not giving up after being down 12 in the 4th and then charging downfield to score. Connor Cook at the end though was hard to watch. My girlfriend kept saying, why doesn't he just throw it away, then it was too late. MSU has played like this all season and it finally caught up with them. Thing is, I think they can beat Ohio State and still win the conference. I honestly have no idea who can win the conference, because Michigan, State, and OSU could all have one loss at the end and it's just a matter of time before Iowa slips up. I'm still bummed though, I thought this was their best chance to win a national title.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, another beautiful Moto GP season is over, what a finale! Moto GP and BTCC, the most interesting sports these years to me.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Dirk Nowitzki: The Perfect Shot is now available to stream on Netflix.
    It's a decent documentary.
    Dirk is seriously, honestly my hero, and has been one of the most inspirational figures in my life.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    disappointing theres a few people who aren't keeping their fantasy team current in ets. skews things, but oh well.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    disappointing theres a few people who aren't keeping their fantasy team current in ets. skews things, but oh well.
    I agree. Clearly the only way I'd be #1

I'm taking on my favorite nemesis @Kid Charlemagne this week. RAWR

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I was fucked last week. I had 6 guys on a Bye. But 4 of them who I didn't want to part with. So I just swapped a couple of things and took the L. Hopefully this week goes better. I think I lost by like 50 or some shit. Lolll

I'm sitting in the front row for Nebraska/Rutgers on Saturday... If these tickets get here in time!
    Last edited by Sarah K; 11-12-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    back in nba mode. rooting for the knicks can be rough though.

porzingis had an almost amazing buzzer 3 to win last night.

clyde frazier is amazing to listen to every game. and then there's this.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    back in nba mode. rooting for the knicks can be rough though.

porzingis had an almost amazing buzzer 3 to win last night.

clyde frazier is amazing to listen to every game. and then there's this.

I'll be honest, I like this Knicks team. I don't think they'll compete for a title with Carmelo, but Kristaps is so good, him and Karl Anthony-Towns look the most NBA ready out of all the rookies. Kristaps reminds me of Dirk Nowitzki, if Dirk had a set of balls and played inside. I'm on that bandwagon. If the Knicks can flip Melo for some picks and draft a couple of good complementary players, this team will be good for the next decade.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    im a knicks fan for life but they've been tough to watch the past couple games.

i like porzingis but he's obviously frustrating melo and thats never a good way to make chemistry. melo doesnt wanna give up the ball and is putting up horrible shots subsequently and the few times the new guys get a chance theyve noobed it up. hopefully they sort things out and start to gel.

after wednesdays game against the raptors, which was actually played well, with a bad buzzer loss and last nights shit show against the cavs with a deserved loss they need to get something going. a win against the pelicans tomorrow will hopefully get this back on track.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Keep in mind that the past few games, you kept close with arguably the two best teams in the East, compared to last season where the Knicks were getting boatraced by the top teams. If anything, this team is more competitive which is great. I've always liked the Knicks (except the 1999 season for obvious reasons), and do think the NBA is better when they're competitive.

I like and cringe when I see that a good number of Porzingas' points are putbacks from Melo misses. I like how athletic he is because I didn't expect him to jump out of the gym like that, but I cringe because I don't understand why Melo has a green light to shoot like he's Steph Curry.

Honestly, if this team doesn't make the playoffs this year, Fisher has got to go, I don't think the players respect him. I don't know if he knows how to properly run the triangle, and I don't know if he's head coach material. I'd like to see someone like Tom Thibadeou coach this team, he could get the most out of these guys and make Porzingas a 20-10 guy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i dont see them doing very well until they sort out their shooting issues. calderon and vujacic are their only real shooters besides melo and none have been spectacular.

id really like to see them pull back to .500 before dipping too far down with the L's.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    i dont see them doing very well until they sort out their shooting issues. calderon and vujacic are their only real shooters besides melo and none have been spectacular.

id really like to see them pull back to .500 before dipping too far down with the L's.
    This team has very little offense to be honest. Melo is a good scorer, but he's not exactly a pure shooter and he's a guy who when he gets locked down on D, he starts getting very lazy. His deal is crippling the team, they need a nice swingman who can go out there and score when Melo is being double teamed.

Best thing about this team is they play in the East, and 37 games may get them in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, she got her ass handed to her. I really thought she was going to win. Holm did a lot of running. But, then Ronda starts gets sloppy and starts charging and missing. The finish was so quick. It took a couple minutes for me to have an actual reaction. Holm was the better fighter tonight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Yeah, she got her ass handed to her. I really thought she was going to win. Holm did a lot of running. But, then Ronda starts gets sloppy and starts charging and missing. The finish was so quick. It took a couple minutes for me to have an actual reaction. Holm was the better fighter tonight.
    Without a doubt. Rousey was a mess tonight, and Holm just kind of danced around her. It looked like she was going for a couple submission attempts in the first round that went sour and she seemed to be getting desperate after that heading into round 2. Congrats to Holm, she's still undefeated and now the woman to beat. The re-match will have an amazing build up, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm super interested in hearing what Ronda has to say about it. Will she give props, will she make excuses, etc.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I'm super interested in hearing what Ronda has to say about it. Will she give props, will she make excuses, etc.
    She usually seems pretty humble. I can't imagine her making excuses. It's clear as day what happened. I think she gets a grace period, though. Her face (mouth especially) took a beating.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just hope Ronda gets the chance to rebuild herself and then get that rematch. Not immediately but the chance to get back up and prove why she's great.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    She usually seems pretty humble. I can't imagine her making excuses. It's clear as day what happened. I think she gets a grace period, though. Her face (mouth especially) took a beating.
    Im really happy ronda lost, I actually called Holly winning with a head kick. Too bad I didn't bet any money.

Ronda is such a cunt, she is the farthest from being humble

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Why is she a "cunt"?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Ronda has been trying to act a lot like Conor McGregor lately - lots of trash talk to try and hype her fights. The difference is that Ronda gets very emotional about a fight that she's hyped up and she starts simply acting disrespectful. Trying to goad Holly into a conflict at the weigh-in, not touching gloves when Holly didn't do anything to provoke that - Conor is always respectful of his opponent when it comes time to fight, even if he throws some shit-talk around during it.

I don't think that makes her a cunt, though. She's had a ton of success by getting people to try and rush her down, and humbling them with an armbar. Her striking has always been shit and we saw that when she stood up with Correia last time. She knocked Correia out because Correia was doing the same shit that Ronda did for this fight - obnoxious trash talk, no respect before the fight, and then she gets bodied. This fight had all the makings of being the same - Holly got thrown into the fire when everyone expected boring-ass Tate-Rousey III, and it reeked of trying something new for the sake of trying something new. Manufactured hype when Holly theoretically had no way to take Ronda out. So Ronda generated that last-minute hype by being obnoxious at the weigh-in and following through at the fight itself. But she also gave Holly tons of credit in every interview leading up to the fight. On Fallon, she said that this would be her longest fight, that Holly wouldn't rush in, that her takedown defense was outstanding, and that it would be a grind. She was right, she just didn't expect the outcome. I don't think she expected to get gassed, I don't think she expected her armbar attempt to be stuffed so easily, and I don't think she expected that her wild swinging wouldn't rock Holly. Maybe she was overconfident from the get-go, or maybe her camp and coaches are shit (they are) and they set her up to fail by not teaching her actual MMA skills.

Holly always tries to keep her cool, she shows respect, she doesn't drum up a ton of shit. She may not be a hype fighter, but she's very technically sound in her stand-up, and she and her camp knew exactly where to poke holes in Ronda's game to take her out, both mentally and physically. Ronda was simply outfought because she's never been a complete package and most people don't see that because her opponents go dumb against her and fall right into the judo trap. Holly didn't do it and she won.

We should all get ready for the anti-Ronda circlejerk to kick into full fucking gear now, though. Two days ago Ronda was still unstoppable, sure, people wanted Holly to win, but no one actually thought she would. I was horrified every time Ronda caught her. But now, you're going to see people saying that she isn't somehow the best female fighter in the world just because Holly exposed her flaws. She is, because she knows how to put almost everyone in her division away. She just couldn't do it with Holly.

There's no need to throw around ugly words at her just because she lost and talked shit. Disrespectful? Absolutely. Arrogant? Certainly. A cunt? Come on. Pre-game hype isn't reflective of how Ronda is. She's over-exposed and sure, MMA fans were getting tired of it. But she got knocked on her ass and she got humbled, and she won't be the same. Everybody just relax and enjoy that the division will finally be competitive again.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Since I didn't think that Ben was going to play, I also benched Bryant.

I regret my decision.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rhonda losing was awesome, about time someone stepped up. Also, pretty bummed I can't watch the Pats/Giants game. I hate the Giants.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It was only a matter of time until someone stepped up to beat her. No one expected now to be the time though. That kick was devastating. Bad enough to put Rousey in the hospital.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    go eli go!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    LIONS!!! This is what I imagine a Superbowl win feels like! I was still in grade school the last time the Lions won in Green Bay. I don't care that we're only 2-7 (today). We beat the Packers! In Green Bay!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Let's see, the Lions win. The Panthers and the Patriots are undefeated, still. Oh, and the Cowboys lose again!!!!!