Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    That's basically my biggest issue. I don't like the team to begin with, and the Cubs not showing up in the NLCS didn't make matters better. Especially for someone like me who listens to sports talk radio all day long to get through the work day, but that's my own fault.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I'm not calling you out personally, if you're a Mets fan so be it, but I think the amount of love they've been getting, more so than the Royals who I think are easily the better team, is insane considering all the obstacles I just laid out that KC had to go through just to get back here, and they've done it in an incredible manner.
    Exactly. Virtually none of the "experts" and baseball statitions pegged the Royals to make a return to the post-season. Everyone expected us to just drop off again and fall back into obscurity, but instead we break several records during the season, take the Division Championship, take the League Championship, and get a shot at the World Championship against all the odds, and yet no one is giving us credit and saying "wow, great job guys, we were wrong about you.", it's just "oh those fucking Royals are back. When are they going to go away".

I'm even willing to be if we do actually win the World Series this year, they're hardly be any "congratulations Royals, you finally did it!" it'll just be the sports media throwing endless shade on our team for no reason.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    and yet no one is giving us credit and saying "wow, great job guys, we were wrong about you.", it's just "oh those fucking Royals are back. When are they going to go away"

Hmmmmmmmm

Interesting

Very Interesting
    Last edited by allegro; 10-25-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Stop throwing picks, Bradford, you stupid mother fucker. The defense and, somehow, DeMarco Murray earned you that win. Clean up your god damn act.

The Giants are shit.
    Still not looking forward to playing you guys, Eli always finds a way to beat us(get lucky).

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Exactly. Virtually none of the "experts" and baseball statitions pegged the Royals to make a return to the post-season. Everyone expected us to just drop off again and fall back into obscurity, but instead we break several records during the season, take the Division Championship, take the League Championship, and get a shot at the World Championship against all the odds, and yet no one is giving us credit and saying "wow, great job guys, we were wrong about you.", it's just "oh those fucking Royals are back. When are they going to go away".

I'm even willing to be if we do actually win the World Series this year, they're hardly be any "congratulations Royals, you finally did it!" it'll just be the sports media throwing endless shade on our team for no reason.
    Pretty much. Been watching MLB Network/Baseball Tonight all weekend and I think all but three commentators picked the Mets and talked about how impressive they were rather than glossing over how great KC played in their series and up to that. It may have something to do with the media markets, very similar to how the Spurs were viewed in the NBA up until they beat up on Miami last year. KC isn't a huge market, which is probably the reason hardly anyone is making a big deal about them. Even when they were smoking teams early in the season, everything was more about how they're undisciplined rather than them being good. It's weird, from a baseball fan standpoint, this team should be beloved because they're doing everything in a classic manner, but they've sort of gone under the radar.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Still not looking forward to playing you guys, Eli always finds a way to beat us(get lucky).
    Who're you with? Whoever it is, probably 60/40 on your side depending on which version of Bradford shows up.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Who're you with? Whoever it is, probably 60/40 on your side depending on which version of Bradford shows up.
    Patriots my dude, The Jets and Giants always play us hard.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Flacco looks clutch for a bit and then pisses it all away in the end. WHERE HAVE WE SEEN THIS BEFORE?!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    if you guys hate the mets you must be lovin these announcers.

joe buck and his assclowns must think the mets joined ISIS or some shit

#fuckjoebuck

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I think he's been pretty down the middle with being a bad commentator to be honest. He's a STL guy, so he'll throw shade at the Royals but also at the rest of the NL, this guy hates his job so much. And this isn't nearly as bad as his commentary during the Cowboys/Giants game this past Sunday.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I actually don't mind Joe Buck, he seems like an alright guy...but come on.

https://vine.co/v/eYXtadVg1gb

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ugh I believe in all three of my losses in FF I have scored over 100 points. Enjoyed the Mets and Royals game yesterday, both teams IMO are evenly matched so it should be a very fun series to watch. Chris Young coming in and working those last few innings did an outstanding job, so did Colon as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    why is alex rodriguez announcing during the world series???

is fox really trolling us this hard?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "all 84 pitches he's (degrom) thrown tonight have been under distress" - Harold Reyonlds

and this is after they talked about degrom being cool and easy first 3 innings. these guys are complete morons.

at least verducci learned quick to use some stats in his comments and shut up a lot more.

p.s. kurt vile is a much better soundtrack to this game than these assclowns
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 10-28-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tom Verducci has always been my guy, liked him when he was writing for SI, and I like him now.

Buck and Harold Reynolds make it hard for me to watch Fox's coverage.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What a crazy game between ASU and Oregon. 3 OTs needed.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    First place ETS fantasy football biotches!! Well, only in first by a razor thin less than 1/2 a point, but whatever

Now, time to take on the next battle @Sarah K . I'm coming for ya!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Brady went HAM last night. Haha. But I have NE defense, and they also did better than projected. You'll probably win!

Next week, I have six players on a Bye. So that'll be interesting.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "I don't know about you but it looks like they're playing on some fast dirt tonight." - Harold Reyonlds

LOOOOOOOOOL. fast dirt....looool.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    verducci is winning me over. in reference to Reyonlds bringing up that first pitch ad nausea:

"That first pitch was (syndergaard) saying 'Hello. My name is Thor'"

Lol

edit: yea i can officially stomach verducci, lol. it's still funny as hell watching reyonlds and buck try to come up with positive mets comments in this blow out
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 10-30-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I feel like we gave that game to the Mets. It's whatever. We've got Chris Young starting tomorrow and he's a fucking machine. I still feel super comfortable about us winning this year.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    verducci is winning me over. in reference to Reyonlds bringing up that first pitch ad nausea:

"That first pitch was (syndergaard) saying 'Hello. My name is Thor'"

Lol

edit: yea i can officially stomach verducci, lol. it's still funny as hell watching reyonlds and buck try to come up with positive mets comments in this blow out
    Don't know if anything compares to Pete Rose, he's complete drunk uncle when he's featured. I love this man.

Also, what the fuck is up with A-Rod? He's a phenomenal on the coverage. He's professional, he knows what he's talking about. Dare I say, I like A-Rod?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    But he's A-Roid.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    if a rod wants to become an announcer he should do it when he's not actively playing baseball and dragging the sport through the mud with his PED scandals.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Baseball fans still pretend that most of the players aren't using PEDs?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Baseball fans still pretend that most of the players aren't using PEDs?
    I don't think it's quite as rampant as it was in the 90's or even 10 years ago. In fact, hitting numbers have been down in recent years which makes sense when you factor in how hard they tried to crack down on it. It's naive to think in any sports PED's aren't used in some way, big or small.

Not saying A-Rod is absolved of anything he's done since entering the league, but he's been good at announcing, and his interaction with that whole Fox Sports crew is entertaining and despite that he's been divisive on the diamond, he's a smart enough guy to talk about the game at least and share some insight on it. I would have more of a problem with it if he were just some dummy who can't put together a complete thought (like any current NBA player who joins TNT during the playoffs, good grief).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i have no problem with his commentary. im sure its great he has an amazing baseball mind.

but he shouldn't be active in the mlb, with recent scandals, and still be allowed to announce. he was in the postseason ffs.

just retire and be an announcer if thats the plan and end it. every move this guy makes reeks of 'i did it for the money'.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Just kidding, @Dra508 ... Palmer went wild. As well as Justin Tucker again. Hahaha.

NO MORE FIRST PLACE FOR YOU.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Just kidding, @Dra508 ... Palmer went wild. As well as Justin Tucker again. Hahaha.

NO MORE FIRST PLACE FOR YOU.
    Waaaaaaaaa. And now I no tight end.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Broncos are fucking up the Packers right now. It's hilarious that the team everyone says shouldn't be 6-0 is whipping the fully accepted 6-0 team. Broncos defense is too good, Rodgers has no weapons, and Peyton went back in time to be a baller again. Great game so far.