Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Congratulations. Bishop probably has a concussion or something
    Thanks!

Bishop had a TORN GROIN!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Warriors just beat the Cavaliers... Seth Rollins was right. Lebron couldn't give Cleveland a championship.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    The Warriors just beat the Cavaliers... Seth Rollins was right. Lebron couldn't give Cleveland a championship.
    Cleveland never had any legitimate chance to win this series. That was clear before it even began, no crystal ball was needed to call that, just common sense. I’m impressed that they somehow won two. It was painful to even watch these games knowing just how screwed Cleveland’s situation was going into the finals.

The Cavaliers team will be back next season, and hopefully healthy all year. Their offense when healthy will be adequate, but their defense needs to improve vastly, maybe play more physical and pissed, like the late 80’s Pistons. Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman, those guys were enforcers, not afraid to lay the lumber and intimidate. Cleveland plays soft-d and just seems lost or uninterested for long stretches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Lol that Seth Rollins Promo was hilarious....

Anyways The Warriors were the best team in the NBA from start to finish. Lebron was able to will the Cavs to two wins but they stood no chance without someone else contributing, which didn't happen after those games.

Iguodala was awesome during the series glad he got the MVP would have been a crime imo if another Warrior/Curry got it. The Warriors have a bright future if the can keep it together, so do the Cavs in the East especially if they can retool some of their bench (or lack of).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Congrats to the Hawks...once again! Seriously, what an amazing turnaround that franchise has had. 10 years ago they were equivalent to what the Oilers have been for the last few years....the laughing stock of the league. Now if only the Sharks can get their shit together. Especially happy for Kimmo. Injuries did the Bolts in. All but 1 game was decided by 1 goal.

Yet another Bay Area team I don't care about wins a championship. My friends have it so easy. Perhaps I'm a sadist for only being a Sharks/A's fan.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Congrats to the Hawks...once again! Seriously, what an amazing turnaround that franchise has had.
    We had to wait until Old Man Wirtz died and his son Rocky took over. While the old man was alive, home games were forbidden from being televised in Chicago so you had entire generations of Chicagoans who didn't know shit about hockey. The old man made terrible team decisions (or was talked into terrible team decisions by his terrible management) and cared more about liquor distribution than about hockey (the family owns the Wirtz Beverage Group, and they own a huge chunk of Judge & Dolph, Ltd, and the Wirtzes control more than a third of liquor and beer distribution in Illinois). Rocky still does that, but he actually gives a shit about the Hawks. Chicago hockey fans fucking LOVE Rocky, they seem him in restaurants and on the street and mob him, he's like a rock star now. He hired the legendary Scotty Bowman as a consultant, which was his smartest move, and hired Stan Bowman as VP and General Manager.

We had partial season Hawks tickets back in around 2002, and we couldn't even give them away when we couldn't go. Back when Old Man Wirtz' shitty management team signed Theo Fleury for 8.5 MILLION DOLLARS so long as he kept his nose clean, but he kept getting caught doing drugs with strippers. Now, Fleury says he was trying to kill himself. But, just another bad investment by the Old Man "Dollar Bill" Wirtz when he was too busy with the liquor company. Ugh.

The Cubs were bought by the Ricketts family, a rich family THAT ACTUALLY LOVES THE CUBS (vs. some big corporation like the Tribune or Wrigley) and geez, look at the Cubs this year!
    Last edited by allegro; 06-17-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Thanks!

Bishop had a TORN GROIN!
    Ouch. I don't know why didn't play the Russian kid.... Oh well. Can we get on with summer already?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Ouch. I don't know why didn't play the Russian kid.... Oh well. Can we get on with summer already?
    They DID play the Russian kid, twice in one game! The team said they had to listen to the PA to figure out who the goalie was, LOL, because Cooper kept pulling out Bishop and putting in Vasilevskiy, then taking Vasilevskiy out, then putting him back in ... This was for GAME 4

We're still so wound up from hockey, now we're glued to the "Where's the Cup" app. We went downtown for the parade in 2010 and saw the Cup, so we're not doing that again tomorrow.

Here's video I took from that parade (about 1/2 block from my office at the time):
    Last edited by allegro; 06-17-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Woooooooo STANLEY CUP AGAIN woooooooo yeahhhhhh

Now where the fuck is the Cup? Usually, they bring it into the building a few minutes before it looks like it's gonna be the end of the game.

edit: Ahhhhhhh, here it is!!! :-)
    Way late to the party, but I'm doing a victory dance with you. Shh, we'll pretend it just happened...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    NBA Draft kind of sucked.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    NHL draft kind of happened.

The new Crosby is with the Oilers. I actually think they've finally righted the ship the last 3 months, hiring the Bruins former GM and Sharks former coach. There is still a massive issue with defense and bottom 6 depth, but they do have some good D prospects.

Wtf Bruins. Sorry Dra. The Bruins had an interesting weekend. Trading Hamilton was a huge mistake. They didn't get all that much for him and he is only going to get better. The Lucic trade was a fleecing of the Kings though. Apparently people didn't like the picks the Bruins made at 13,14,15. We'll see. But yeah, Bruins still have the pieces to competitive, but man do they make some confusing personnel decisions at times.

The Sharks had a good weekend as far as I'm concerned. They didn't trade for Kevin Bieksa which almost happened and would have sucked. They went for the safe pick at 9, but went boom or bust by trading up for 31. Traded Niemi to Dallas. The clear issue coming into next year is goalie. The FA names aren't that appealing. The big trade names are all gone. There is no way the Sharks go with what they currently have, Stalock and Grosenick, would be a disaster. I have an ugly feeling in my stomach that they will trade for someone like Smith, Crawford or Ward...ugh.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Wtf Bruins. Sorry Dra. The Bruins had an interesting weekend. Trading Hamilton was a huge mistake. They didn't get all that much for him and he is only going to get better. The Lucic trade was a fleecing of the Kings though. Apparently people didn't like the picks the Bruins made at 13,14,15. We'll see. But yeah, Bruins still have the pieces to competitive, but man do they make some confusing personnel decisions at times. .
    I know I know. Don Sweeney, the new GM, and Cam Neeley must be really trying to shake shit up. I'm going to miss saying "Dougie Hamilton" Hey, Bergie won the Selke (finally) so there is one thing to celebrate from this crap season.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Guys and gals, it's July, know what that means?

TRAINING CAMP IS AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!

That being said, I'd like to get a head count of anyone wanting to be in this year's Fantasy Football League. If you PM me your e-mail, I'll be more than happy to send some invites this weekend and get the ball rolling.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Guys and gals, it's July, know what that means?

TRAINING CAMP IS AROUND THE CORNER!!!!!

That being said, I'd like to get a head count of anyone wanting to be in this year's Fantasy Football League. If you PM me your e-mail, I'll be more than happy to send some invites this weekend and get the ball rolling.
    Oh yeah, because I want to beat all ya'lls arses! I need a new team name though.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    did you guys see that poor british girl score that own goal with like 60 seconds on the clock?

I feel SOOOOOO bad for her. She is going to be fucked up about that for the rest of her life and it will be a miracle if she doesn't kill herself.

Aside from that though, USA! USA!

We have to win with a gk named Hope Solo. That shit is straight star wars.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Really like the Semin deal with MTL. Low risk, high reward. I hope he can at least hit 25 goals again.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    He's so talented. I think coaches need to get it in their heads that he's an offensive weapon and at this point he won't be a two way or shutdown type of player. I really feel like that is where Washington and Carolina failed him. He would be a great fit for the Habs, but Michel Therrien seems to be the type of coach that would easily doghouse him. He'll easily hit 25+ with PP time and regular 1st/2nd line action, but if he gets that remains tbd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally got into the Fantasy football league.... hopefully we can get at least 3 more people

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Think I'm taking a break from fantasy this year. Did horrendous last year.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I WANNA PLAY.

I've never actually done it. I've always meant to, and then never got around to it. I have no idea what I'm doing... So at least everyone will go in knowing that they will beat me.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I WANNA PLAY.

I've never actually done it. I've always meant to, and then never got around to it. I have no idea what I'm doing... So at least everyone will go in knowing that they will beat me.
    Yeah! moar girls!!

Sign her up @Kid Charlemagne

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    He's so talented. I think coaches need to get it in their heads that he's an offensive weapon and at this point he won't be a two way or shutdown type of player. I really feel like that is where Washington and Carolina failed him. He would be a great fit for the Habs, but Michel Therrien seems to be the type of coach that would easily doghouse him. He'll easily hit 25+ with PP time and regular 1st/2nd line action, but if he gets that remains tbd.
    I agree that Semin making Therrien happy is a huge obstical for his success. Semin has amazing offensive talent, but I don't know if he is the kind of player the coach will use properly.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Wait, we have an ETS fantasy football league? I want in on that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I love that my dudes can do shit like this, and yet, there's still so many haters out there that refuse to believe that the Royals are the best team in Baseball right now.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Send me a reminder on Wednesday you homies who want to play FF. I'm on vacation from now till then and then I'll get yall signed up!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post

I love that my dudes can do shit like this, and yet, there's still so many haters out there that refuse to believe that the Royals are the best team in Baseball right now.
    You know I love you and the Royals equally, but the Astros play baseball so good this season that it gets my dick hard. No hyperbole.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post

Now that is the kind of shit that I live for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Astro's are the most surprising team this season big ups to them. The Royals and Cardinals are the two best teams in baseball mad respect for the Royals though, all that building they did is finally paying off. No hate from me on any of those teams.

In other news Russell Wilson is locked up for a few more years with the Hawks!!!! Haters gonna hate on him but he is awesome and does more than is given credit for. Glad he will be on the team for a few more years, the guy is a winner!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    So I have the draft for Fantasy Football set up for September 6th at 6 PM CST. Let me know if you all are good with this. I'd still like at least two more people to join, so if you want to join, please let me know!