and Tim Tebow.
    This is NOT.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Go Leafs!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Can't wait for tomorrow night, Section 116 baby!!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    LOL Jonathan Quick.

Sharks Nucks will be a great series. Very evenly matched teams.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just scored two tickets for Friday's game at the Bell Centre. This is going to be craaaazyyy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Poor Islanders... They might as well wave the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    LOL Jonathan Quick.

Sharks Nucks will be a great series. Very evenly matched teams.
    In the last few years, it seems like they can't get past the semi-finals, let alone, past the sharks. It'd be nice, though, to see the canucks win the series against them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Can't wait for tomorrow night, Section 116 baby!!!!

Well at least I had a good time and a few free drinks! Almost wanted to hug the people around me who paid over $300 per ticket in my section. As I said at work yesterday to a bazillion people who said 'It'll be easy!'..... 'Nope!'

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Not just one nut, but one leg wonder.
    Too bad for Toronto. Not 6, I'll go with Bruins in 5.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Ference will probably get a 2-game suspension after his hit on Grabovski. Clear elbow to the head. That's the only good thing for the Leafs.

What about Pittsburgh. Who can really stop this team? Maybe Chicago. That's about it.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 05-02-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Woot Sharks! Good to wrestle away the home ice advantage. Series is far from over though. Sharks won game 1 against the Blues last year and look how that turned out.

Pittsburgh looked scary good against the Isles last night. They even held Tavares without a single shot. Oof Nabokov.

Bruins looked great as well. I might have picked the wrong team.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sad Tebowing is the new Tebowing.

The Photoshops in the comments fuckin' cracked me up hahaha.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Ference will probably get a 2-game suspension after his hit on Grabovski. Clear elbow to the head. That's the only good thing for the Leafs.

What about Pittsburgh. Who can really stop this team? Maybe Chicago. That's about it.
    One game for Ference and yeah Pittsburgh got something going on....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Let's see: The Golden State Warriors are in the 2nd round, the Sharks are up 2-0, the defending World Champion S.F. Giants and A's are in 2nd place and the 49ers look to be in the play-off hunt again (as for the Raiders, we won't discuss them). Overall, it's a great time for Bay Area sports fans!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It feels so wrong to love Raffi Torres. But so right to love Brent Burns. Good times indeed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My isles probably won't win the series but they aren't scared of Pitts-puke. I can't find the article now, but espn did this little analysis piece when they finished the season going something like 13-0-5. They are the youngest team, the fastest team and supposed played the best defense for the last month of the season. Youth, speed, and defense can put a scare into a team...especially in a series.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think the Isles actually have a chance in this series. The Islanders have been way better 5 vs 5 the last 2 games. The Penguins just have an insane powerplay. I wouldn't give up just yet. Nabby hasn't looked great though. The Isles are going to be good for quite some time though. They have a lot of promising prospects and they are already a playoff team.

Sharks the only team to go up 3-0. This might be the most convinced I've ever been that they'll win a series. Even 3-0 against Detroit, I felt that they would win a game or 3. Bieksa talking shit today about Couture and Thornton embellishing. I'm not sure of that, but I find that funny since Vancouver has gotten a lot of shit for just that over the last 3 playoffs. These playoffs have been great so far. Very few blowouts and a lot of overtime heroes. Let's keep it going.

Long post, but I think the Leafs will take game 4.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Vancouver should just start booking tee times right now...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Even series mother fckers!!!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Woo Marleau! Fuck you Roenick!

Rooting for the Isles the rest of the first round.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    SO HOW 'BOUT THEM CANUCKS, EH?

fuck

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Woo Marleau! Fuck you Roenick!

Rooting for the Isles the rest of the first round.
    Been some insane scoring in this series. The LILCO Line (Long Island Lighting Company) is keep those red lights on baby! Awesome analysis by Melrose in this video (I smiled gleefully while watching this...its been soooo long)

He straight up admits the Isles are just winning this series with fucking will. Should be a 3-1 lead. Now it's a best of three boys. Take it to them. Make the Pens one of the most overrated teams in NHL playoff history!!!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The Pens D and goaltending are so so bad. They are putting in Vokoun for game 5, but it won't matter much if the Pens D play like they have been since game 2.

3 OT games tonight. Kings, Ducks and Bruins won. Pretty much the opposite of who I wanted to win each game.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Bruins won. Pretty much the opposite of who I wanted to win each game.
    Heeeeey!

I started watching the Leafs/Bruins game well into the second period and thought the black and gold were doomed. It was fast and The Leafs, and their very involved fans, were dominating.

David Krecji is amazing and if I ever want one guy on the ice, it's Patrice Bergeron.

Oh, and I caught a bit of Rugby on the tele. Oh my gosh - hard bodies, hitting hard.
    Last edited by Dra508; 05-09-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have a soft spot for teams that haven't made the playoffs in a while haha. Bruins probably have this wrapped up.

Habs are the second team done. Wild could be done tonight as well. Crosby's goal tonight was a beaut. Shades of Mario. I can see Pens/Isles going 7 now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    You speak too soon, blackholesun.

Bruins fans... you scared yet???

You fuckin should be. We're coming.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Ewwww, you scary. I'm going to go with what the color commentator said the other day: the leafs have to play like the bruins to win.

I'm sort of sad The Isles were eliminated. I'm guessing @Fifey was a big fan too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Ewwww, you scary. I'm going to go with what the color commentator said the other day: the leafs have to play like the bruins to win.

I'm sort of sad The Isles were eliminated. I'm guessing @Fifey was a big fan too.
    Big fan of Taveres. Dude plays hard, plays well, and doesn't seem to have the gigantic sportsmanship problems that the Pens do.

How was there no instigator called at the end of game 4 on Malkin? Those guys pull that crap every time they lose a tight playoff game, and they never get the automatic suspension that is supposed to come. Plus, did everyone see Morrow try to go all WWF with the slamming of the guy's head into the ice? Right in front of the ref. Call that stuff, suspend guys (like the rules say), and maybe the Isles take game 5.

Last night was amazing to watch the Wings start the game on time. The key to beating the Ducks is, and has been for a decade, to get their "leaders" to go ape shit and lose their cool. Selanne tried to take Patrick Eaves' head off with a cross check right in front of the ref just because he was frustrated. Getslaf, Perry, and Selanne all lack composure at the exact wrong time. They would win a lot more in the playoffs if they could just skate away and not take stupid penalties or get out of position to try and intimidate a guy (Pronger did that all the time with the Ducks). What a way to end the rivalry though.

Bring on the Hawks! Wings can get it done, but they'll have to get to Crawford quickly.

I see the Wings winning in 7, the Sharks winning in 6, and then the Sharks capitalizing on a very tired Wings team making its second California series trip to win the West.

I just hope the Bruins and Rangers can win tonight. Both should be good games.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    @AgentofChaos Well, I did pick the Leafs to ultimately win the series. Tonight could go both ways, should be a good game. Was crazy how loud the ACC sounded when Phaneuf scored. The Leafs can actually secure home ice in the 2nd round if the Rangers win tonight too. Weird.

The Isles are going to be great now they have some experience, and hopefully they can get a better goaltender. Nabby's just okay now and the Pens really had to rely on their power play to win this series the way they did. I thought the Isles looked way better 5 on 5. Tis a shame, but I really think the Sens are going to be a handful for the Penguins.

I really think the Ducks had no business being the 2nd seed, just as well as the Wings being the 7th seed. I think over a whole 82 game season, the Ducks would have regressed and the Wings would have probably moved up a bit. Still an entertaining series. Zetterberg was a beast and Datsyuk had some pretty pretty goals. That's going to be one hell of a series though. The Hawks had it pretty easy with the Wild. I like the Sharks chances against the Kings. It's going to be close, but I don't think it will go 7.

So far I'm 5 for 6 on my picks for the first round...picked the Habs instead of the Sens. I'm sticking with my picks and will go with Leafs and Rangers, at least one of the games going to OT.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Bruins are in big trouble. Seriously short on D.
    @Fifey . Welcome back you!

Wow, that was unexpected.

Reminder:
    Quote Originally Posted by dra508
    David Krecji is amazing and if I ever want one guy on the ice, it's Patrice Bergeron.
    Vvv spoken just like a Canuck fan
    Last edited by Dra508; 05-13-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There's nothing as bad in sports as any Boston team winning anything.